Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 4,030 Member Member Posts: 4,030 Member
    Brussel sprout season!

Yay, I had some for dinner tonight, they're so good! Worth the gas!
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 2,109 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,109 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Screen shot of her version below.
    Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    Small box of sugar free vanilla pudding
    170gr fat free Greek yogurt
    240gr water
    Good shake of pumpkin spice blend
    Good shake cinnamon
    Two or three drops stevia
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

Here’s @Noreenmarie1234 ’s version
    2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

• o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 158 Member Member Posts: 158 Member
    @springlering62 Thank you! I’m excited to give this a try, it sounds DELICIOUS.

1kdsiuxe87zq.jpeg

qztwohviztq6.jpeg

This was actually pretty darn good. I recently had almondmilk yogurt which I thought was terrible (now valiantly trying to use it up via smoothie), so I was a little trepidatious but curious about the oat one, since I feel pretty “meh” on oatmilk. It’s very close to “normal” yogurt I think! My only gripe is that the strawberry bits (the little fruit leather pieces) were WAY too hard. I think they should put in maybe some freeze-dried strawberries into the granola instead.
  • brankaabbadabrankaabbada Member, Premium Posts: 28 Member Member, Premium Posts: 28 Member
    My new obsession is Rice cake with honey or peanut butter, slices banana and cinamon😋
  • teresadannarteresadannar Member Posts: 192 Member Member Posts: 192 Member
    Sweet Potatoes: Curry Sweet Potato Soup, Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Olive Oil & Spices, Lentil-Turkey Sausage Stew with Sweet Potato Croutons....
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member
    Sweet Potatoes: Curry Sweet Potato Soup, Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Olive Oil & Spices, Lentil-Turkey Sausage Stew with Sweet Potato Croutons....

sweet potato croutons sound interesting
  • happimess01happimess01 Member Posts: 6,908 Member Member Posts: 6,908 Member
    baby carrots
  • jrh_this_better_workjrh_this_better_work Member Posts: 83 Member Member Posts: 83 Member
    PB2 Chocolate on Ak-mak crackers. So weird but so tasty good.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,245 Member
    anyone here like coconut?
  • amart4224amart4224 Member Posts: 188 Member Member Posts: 188 Member

Love coconut!
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 i don’t know what thread you posted your pumpkin dessert in, but I screenshotted it and made up a bowl this evening.

Holy kittens. This is some good stuff. I used half yogurt and half water, and topped with with some canned whip cream and honey ginger crystals (15 cal/tsp). This is just like eating pumpkin pie. I bet it would be great with smashed graham crackers on top, too.

This definitely goes into rotation. Win win win!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
    Omg yessss! So glad you enjoyed! It is my favorite night snack. I have it almost every single night for years LOL. I never get sick of it! Sometimes I like to use different flavored puddings or skinny syrups to switch it up. Cheesecake pudding with cheesecake pumpkin syrup is awesome!!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,395 Member Member Posts: 8,395 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »

Coconut flakes.
    Coconut chips.
    Coconut milk.
    Coconut water.
    Coconut whipped cream.

Or

Just the whole coconut from a store. Bring it home, crack the shell, remove the hard white flesh and eat.

So in short. Yes. lol

I use to not like Coconut butter...but now I find it really yummy! I can even enjoy it straight from the jar lol!
  • AthijadeAthijade Member Posts: 2,315 Member Member Posts: 2,315 Member
    Fortune Chicken Udon Noodle Soup. Great for those days you just crave noodles and broth or days you don't feel great so all you want is noodles and broth. Can also be fancied up with veggies, protein, and other seasonings. Usually I add veggies of some sort (whatever is in my fridge/freezer), coconut aminos, sesame oil, and kimchi. But the possibilities are endless.
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 2,109 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,109 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 @springlering62 Ahem... I’m listening to this “pumpkin dessert” conversation... :p Sounds like a recipe I need!

Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    240gr water
    Good shake cinnamon
    Squirt of vanilla

I whipped it really good with my trusty OXO crank beater and refrigerated it an hour.

It made two giant cereal bowls full. I ate them both. *burp* Would have been around 300 for all this but I hit it with canned whipped cream and some honey ginger crystals for that full pumpkin pie experience.

2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

Size of that can of pumpkin?
    Size of that box of pudding?
    Preferably by weight :)

Don’t know the can sizes offhand, but know my measurements:

A standard can of of Libby type pumpkin purée is 3.5 servings @ 45 calories per serving.

Pudding comes in large and small boxes. The small box I used is four servings of about 8gr each / 25cal per serving, however, most boxes come in a few grams heavier. (I eat a lotta lot of pudding!)

A serving of Greek yogurt is 170gr.

Tsp honey crystals is 3gr @ average (depends on brand) 15cal per tsp. (Victoria Taylor makes ah-maxing honey crystals. A tsp of their lemon honey crystals on sugar free lemon pudding mixed with Greek yogurt is terrific. )

Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    240gr water
    Good shake cinnamon
    Squirt of vanilla

2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

A standard can of of Libby type pumpkin purée is 3.5 servings @ 45 calories per serving.

Pudding comes in large and small boxes. The small box I used is four servings of about 8gr each / 25cal per serving, however, most boxes come in a few grams heavier. (I eat a lotta lot of pudding!)

Tsp honey crystals is 3gr @ average (depends on brand) 15cal per tsp. (Victoria Taylor makes ah-maxing honey crystals. A tsp of their lemon honey crystals on sugar free lemon pudding mixed with Greek yogurt is terrific. )

I am not trying to be picky, not at all. But I dont want to make this and it be horrible. Is this the can you use?

eyw1jiewk82ypnzpipp2.png.webp?itok=QnihzpNY

Yup. Making some right now for after dinner.

pgvr110x4p22.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member

Mine was:
    Can of pumpkin purée
    240gr water
    Good shake cinnamon
    Squirt of vanilla

2qpgs56qyn32.jpeg

I am not trying to be picky, not at all. But I dont want to make this and it be horrible. Is this the can you use?

eyw1jiewk82ypnzpipp2.png.webp?itok=QnihzpNY

Yes
    I am in some maddening world lately where everything is sideways.
    Oreo candy canes. 45 calories for a “full sized” candy cane. As Oreo flavor, it’s acceptable, not great, but if they’d tweak the dial a bit, it would taste just like a tootsie roll and be the stuff of CICO dreams. Either way, it’s a straight jolt of sugar, that’s for sure.

ver2o1sjgdx2.jpeg

Coconut flakes.
    Coconut chips.
    Coconut milk.
    Coconut water.
    Coconut whipped cream.

Or

Just the whole coconut from a store. Bring it home, crack the shell, remove the hard white flesh and eat.

So in short. Yes. lol

Coconut cream + flaked coconut... mix together with some stevia and coat in dark chocolate :)
    8smn9lsieuhl.png
    Golden monk fruit sweetener. It tastes and smells exactly like brown sugar which is weird because it has no molasses.