What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    y90qy8e9hk5f.jpeg

a1f1ox5no1be.jpeg

These, which I feel like I should also post to the “new products” thread, were a whim buy at Costco. 90 cal a serving. I’m obsessed for sure. They’re really good and salty, crunchy, and have that slight bit of sweetness from being a dried veggie. I have to return something to Costco today and I’ll literally be buying several more bags. And the best part is that husband hates cauliflower so I don’t have to share!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    y90qy8e9hk5f.jpeg

a1f1ox5no1be.jpeg

These, which I feel like I should also post to the “new products” thread, were a whim buy at Costco. 90 cal a serving. I’m obsessed for sure. They’re really good and salty, crunchy, and have that slight bit of sweetness from being a dried veggie. I have to return something to Costco today and I’ll literally be buying several more bags. And the best part is that husband hates cauliflower so I don’t have to share!

These are sooo good, I agree! I posted a link in that thread to get the bbq flavor free. I haven't tried the sea salt but want to.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    y90qy8e9hk5f.jpeg

a1f1ox5no1be.jpeg

These are sooo good, I agree! I posted a link in that thread to get the bbq flavor free. I haven't tried the sea salt but want to.

They are actually 190 calories/serving (bag) - The 'white cheddar' one they have sound good.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    They are actually 190 calories/serving (bag) - The 'white cheddar' one they have sound good.

I think because it’s a Costco size bag, so there’s more in it; they’ve broken it into 1oz servings, about 6 servings per bag, 90 calories a serving, if that makes sense! They only have the sea salt ones there but I bet the white cheddar ones are AMAZING. Sounds like a better version of a Cheeto!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    @Noreenmarie1234 If you like salty, you’ll love the sea salt ones. I didn’t know they had BBQ flavor! Did you try them? Were they awesome?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,685 Member
    I generally do low / very low carb besides cruciferous veggies but when I do add a carby day these are a staple ! Denser and drier than regular sweet potato and not really sweet
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Canned sardines in olive oil with a fresh squeeze of lemon. After barely ever eating them, have started to crave them. Weird.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Sweet potatoes full of vitamin A to combat cold and flu season!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I use a fair amount of dried spices - thought I'd try pomegranate powder (nice and sweet/tangy). Great in curries and even on top of oatmeal. I'm also liking yellow mustard seeds lately. Nice and spicy!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,297 Member
    20bn2efx37wq.jpeg
    ith10t7adxqy.jpeg

Very flavorful, great brushed on pork or chicken grilled in the air fryer for a quick tasty dinner, and good with air crisped tofu tossed in it after cooking and dumped on a salad. I’m liking this better than traditional bbq sauce.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Olives. Not low cal but hugely flavorful in small amounts.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I generally do low / very low carb besides cruciferous veggies but when I do add a carby day these are a staple ! Denser and drier than regular sweet potato and not really sweet
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg

@VegjoyP

how do you prepare if not as sweet?
  • pancakerunner
    Roast beef!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Waffle sandwiches! :p
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    ^^Ham and cream cheese sandwiches grilled in a waffle maker.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    beulah81 wrote: »

MY GOODNESS :o<3
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,685 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg

@VegjoyP

how do you prepare if not as sweet?

I either just pop them in microwave or oven and pretty much just a sprinkle of salt! Once in a while I have used mustard, hot sauce or Braggs Amino or sugar free preserves.

I have left the Japanese sweet potato in oven when it is done and turn oven off. It caramelizes around skin and inside some. They are SO GOOD I just want them plain :)
  • pancakerunner
    beulah81 wrote: »

MY GOODNESS :o<3

also, brie and raspberry!
  • pancakerunner
    bjpog62nhpb2.jpeg

Forgot how good these are
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Forgot how good these are

SAME. Broadbeans are like crack. I might need to hit up an Asian grocer soon