Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 82 Member Member Posts: 82 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 If you like salty, you’ll love the sea salt ones. I didn’t know they had BBQ flavor! Did you try them? Were they awesome?
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,142 Member Member Posts: 1,142 Member
    I generally do low / very low carb besides cruciferous veggies but when I do add a carby day these are a staple ! Denser and drier than regular sweet potato and not really sweet
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg
  • GrizzledSquirrelGrizzledSquirrel Member Posts: 89 Member Member Posts: 89 Member
    Canned sardines in olive oil with a fresh squeeze of lemon. After barely ever eating them, have started to crave them. Weird.
  • senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 280 Member Member Posts: 280 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I generally do low / very low carb besides cruciferous veggies but when I do add a carby day these are a staple ! Denser and drier than regular sweet potato and not really sweet
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg

Best way to eat the japanese sweet potato is to steam them and the whip up a miso butter mix and put that on top. The sweet from the potato, saltiness and umami from butter..... heaven.
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 779 Member Member Posts: 779 Member
    Sweet potatoes full of vitamin A to combat cold and flu season!!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,896 Member Member Posts: 7,896 Member
    I use a fair amount of dried spices - thought I'd try pomegranate powder (nice and sweet/tangy). Great in curries and even on top of oatmeal. I'm also liking yellow mustard seeds lately. Nice and spicy!
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,641 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,641 Member
    20bn2efx37wq.jpeg
    ith10t7adxqy.jpeg

Very flavorful, great brushed on pork or chicken grilled in the air fryer for a quick tasty dinner, and good with air crisped tofu tossed in it after cooking and dumped on a salad. I’m liking this better than traditional bbq sauce.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,938 Member Member Posts: 5,938 Member
    Olives. Not low cal but hugely flavorful in small amounts.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,701 Member Member Posts: 4,701 Member
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg

@VegjoyP

how do you prepare if not as sweet?
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,701 Member Member Posts: 4,701 Member
    Roast beef!
    Waffle sandwiches! :p
  • beulah81beulah81 Member Posts: 161 Member Member Posts: 161 Member
    ^^Ham and cream cheese sandwiches grilled in a waffle maker.
    beulah81 wrote: »

MY GOODNESS :o<3
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,142 Member Member Posts: 1,142 Member
    I love these.

k0qxirhirb8o.jpg
    1tt6obn2i9fe.jpg

@VegjoyP

how do you prepare if not as sweet?

I either just pop them in microwave or oven and pretty much just a sprinkle of salt! Once in a while I have used mustard, hot sauce or Braggs Amino or sugar free preserves.

I have left the Japanese sweet potato in oven when it is done and turn oven off. It caramelizes around skin and inside some. They are SO GOOD I just want them plain :)
    beulah81 wrote: »

MY GOODNESS :o<3

also, brie and raspberry!
    bjpog62nhpb2.jpeg

Forgot how good these are

SAME. Broadbeans are like crack. I might need to hit up an Asian grocer soon
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,896 Member Member Posts: 7,896 Member

Have you ever roasted them? I like spiced roasted chickpeas (over 360 calories/100grams) but broad beans are only 88 calories for 100 grams.

this flavor in particular. drool
  • beulah81beulah81 Member Posts: 161 Member Member Posts: 161 Member
    Good Culture cottage cheese.