What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    LOL this is me exactly. I’m obsessed with buffalo sauce but hate spiciness. I usually add truvia to everything to kind of tame down and balance the spice as well as buy the most mild of buffalo sauces.

Not sure of you have Zaxby’s where you are, but they have “wimpy” buffalo sauce which is even less than mild! I wish I could get it by the jar :'(

Raising Cane's sauce is really good/milld too
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2021
    LOL this is me exactly. I’m obsessed with buffalo sauce but hate spiciness. I usually add truvia to everything to kind of tame down and balance the spice as well as buy the most mild of buffalo sauces.

Not sure of you have Zaxby’s where you are, but they have “wimpy” buffalo sauce which is even less than mild! I wish I could get it by the jar :'(

One of the ones I like is anchor bar mild.
    4wr7aupqfmhy.png

I dont have zaxbys :(. Wish I did.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    On a whim I bought a sleeve of wild caught Alaskan Salmon back in November. I eat plenty of canned tuna as my tuna salad is pretty much a mainstay of once or twice per week and I thought I'd switch it up with some salmon. In general, I enjoy salmon and we usually buy about 25 Lbs worth from one of our friends who's an Alaskan fisherman who makes his way down to our neck of the woods with a truck load every October...but I wasn't really feeling the canned stuff. Tried several different recipe ideas with it, and none of it was particularly bad, but nothing really that great either.

I had two cans left and decided last Sunday I'd use them up and be done with them. I found a salmon cake recipe (like crab cakes) that sounded good enough...they were actually friggin' awesome and I can't wait to make them again. We've started our weekly Costco list for the weekend shopping, and the canned salmon is back on the list for salmon cakes.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    On a whim I bought a sleeve of wild caught Alaskan Salmon back in November. I eat plenty of canned tuna as my tuna salad is pretty much a mainstay of once or twice per week and I thought I'd switch it up with some salmon. In general, I enjoy salmon and we usually buy about 25 Lbs worth from one of our friends who's an Alaskan fisherman who makes his way down to our neck of the woods with a truck load every October...but I wasn't really feeling the canned stuff. Tried several different recipe ideas with it, and none of it was particularly bad, but nothing really that great either.

I had two cans left and decided last Sunday I'd use them up and be done with them. I found a salmon cake recipe (like crab cakes) that sounded good enough...they were actually friggin' awesome and I can't wait to make them again. We've started our weekly Costco list for the weekend shopping, and the canned salmon is back on the list for salmon cakes.

I just made salmon cakes with canned salmon and I would definitely make it again!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Yall! These things are fantastic! And good for slow nibbles for “those” times you need to prolong your snackies.
    6a1xeufql1fh.jpeg

Those are great!
    My wife likes those but likes SunRype Fruit to Go Strips better
    Stockup_2020_Social_WebBanner.jpg

• stljam

Share the recipe link? Please.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    kali31337 wrote: »

I just made salmon cakes with canned salmon and I would definitely make it again!

My boyfriend just made these salmon cakes with canned salmon. I hate salmon but have to say they looked amazing! jl1n451yuuxh.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    This stuff on wraps and steamed broccoli with my smoked sea salt! Amazing. hgpe6j8sectf.png
  • stljam
    This stuff on wraps and steamed broccoli with my smoked sea salt! Amazing. hgpe6j8sectf.png

When did sweet baby ray's branch out into no sugar added and why don't the stores around us have this? ugh.

How is the original version (vs the hickory)?

55 less calories and 15g less sugar than the original....so curious to try this.
  • pancakerunner
    FROZEN cashews :)
  • Noreenmarie1234

Interesting, I'll have to try this! My favorite are always the crispiest of the roasted ones so I bet I would like it.
  • pancakerunner

Interesting, I'll have to try this! My favorite are always the crispiest of the roasted ones so I bet I would like it.

Idk but it kind of makes the oils a little more dense and has more crunch. frozen pistachios too!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    stljam wrote: »

When did sweet baby ray's branch out into no sugar added and why don't the stores around us have this? ugh.

How is the original version (vs the hickory)?

55 less calories and 15g less sugar than the original....so curious to try this.

I have never had regular Rays BBQ sauce or the regular sugar free one so I can't compare but this has a nice smoked flavor that I REALLY like compared to other BBQ sauces I've had. I want to try the sweet and spicy one too now. I had sugar free BBQ sauce years ago but I can't remember the brand and remember it wasn't that great and had a weird aftertaste.
  • pancakerunner
    gswtetur9o4t.png
  • RiverwoodRain
    RiverwoodRain Posts: 83 Member
    bro all i can think about right now is crunchy chicken strips
  • pancakerunner
    bro all i can think about right now is crunchy chicken strips

funny story: a new DQ opened up in the same parking lot as my gym and they have this huge poster a chicken strip basket so when I am working out that is what I see :D
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    gswtetur9o4t.png

This sounds intriguing to me - how do you use it? what does it taste like?
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    gswtetur9o4t.png

it is sweet/salty. made with licorice root! A coworker turned me on to it. she likes it on her savory oatmeal and eggs. I like it sprinkled on chocolate myself... so good.

here is where to buy it on amazon: https://amzn.to/3tyhS7l
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited March 2021
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    gswtetur9o4t.png

it is sweet/salty. made with licorice root! A coworker turned me on to it. she likes it on her savory oatmeal and eggs. I like it sprinkled on chocolate myself... so good.

here is where to buy it on amazon: https://amzn.to/3tyhS7l

omg! This will be apart of the next order for sure!
    Sounds so so good!

....however, it costs over $40 on Amazon to my country. Sourced out some other companies ($30 for the product...$20 to ship...)🙄