Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh...GROWING OATMEAL. Twice the portion size with the same amount of calories and it’s absolutely delicious!! If you haven’t tried this, find a recipe...or ask me. This is a GAME CHANGER. You’ll never go back to microwave oatmeal.

Ok. I bit and googled it. What makes it different from regular cooked oatmeal and why is it called growing? I don’t get it?

Someone did this before in the "volume eating thread". Its nothing new. Nuke in the microwave with liquid of choice, add in xanthan gum, nuke again, cool in the freezer, stir and nuke again, cool etc. You will just add volume from the xanthan gum. Just like in the protein fluff. Its nothing special and to be honest horrible waste of time.

The way I do is COMPLETELY different. Cook it in a pot with twice the liquid (I also add cinnamon,vanilla, and a pinch of salt) and stir until smooth, then put in a bowl and add your mix-ins (I put in peanut butter powder-creamy peanut butter works- and a packet of low cal sweetener ) and it amazing. I also have a banana bread growing it’s recipe that’s a bit sweet for me but also super yummy :)

LOL
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,907 Member Member Posts: 5,907 Member
    So this is just making regular oats with twice the water, and if you cook it long enough it absorbs all the water?

Back when I used to have oats for breakfast I'd make steel cut in the rice cooker and add extra water so I could stir in protein powder at the end, and also add berries. It certainly wasn't twice the water, though.
    edited November 22
  • senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    So this is just making regular oats with twice the water, and if you cook it long enough it absorbs all the water?

Back when I used to have oats for breakfast I'd make steel cut in the rice cooker and add extra water so I could stir in protein powder at the end, and also add berries. It certainly wasn't twice the water, though.

If you like drinking your oatmeal, the above is great. You can even triple the amount of water or quadruple and have it "grow" even more lol Actually, the hell with oatmeal, just boil some water with cinnamon and sweetener.
  • joyanna2016joyanna2016 Member Posts: 232 Member Member Posts: 232 Member
    Orville R. Smartpop popcorn. I eat it almost every day! The snack size bag is delicious, only 100 calories, and it satisfies my munchies. If I have extra calories I mix in a serving of cheez it snack mix or I eat 2 bags! 😛
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,779 Member Member Posts: 5,779 Member
    Been spraying this ginger spice in everything !!! So good to add to coffee, pudding, yogurt veggies chicken etc. for some reason it has a lot better flavor than adding ground ginger spice and I like that it is just liquid.

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg
  • JelaanJelaan Member Posts: 740 Member Member Posts: 740 Member
    Been spraying this ginger spice in everything !!! So good to add to coffee, pudding, yogurt veggies chicken etc. for some reason it has a lot better flavor than adding ground ginger spice and I like that it is just liquid.

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg

I've never seen that before. What a great idea!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,852 Member Member Posts: 7,852 Member
    ^I'm quite sure I'd absolutely love this stuff too! I'm pretty sure I can't get this stuff though (Canada sometimes makes me sad😥)
    edited November 22
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,887 Member Member Posts: 4,887 Member
    Of course, after proclaiming out loud that bacon is too salty tasting for me to eat, now all I want is a blt.
  • happimess01happimess01 Member Posts: 6,551 Member Member Posts: 6,551 Member
    low calorie chocolate hazelnut icecream

zdkbdyeh4c53.jpg
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg

Ooooooooh.
  • stephie_nycstephie_nyc Member Posts: 63 Member Member Posts: 63 Member
    Sour cream. I eat sour cream every dang day.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,907 Member Member Posts: 5,907 Member
    @lemurcat2 you keep doing you, honey, and add all the water you want to that oatmeal.

I actually only said I added a little more to make stirring in the protein powder more easily so not sure this is like drinking oatmeal anyway. ;-) (I don't actually eat oats very often anymore.)

On growing oats, I was mostly just interested if the concept was the oats would absorb more water if cooked longer.

But yes, I agree with everything you said.
  • kimny72kimny72 Member Posts: 15,527 Member Member Posts: 15,527 Member

ifl65sqbvsj0.jpeg

You always find the best products! This is def something I must have now.
  • purplefizzypurplefizzy Member Posts: 552 Member Member Posts: 552 Member
    Vegan GF nugo dark chocolate sea salt pretzel bars. I could eat a whole box. Love the sea salt on top and throughout the bar. Sooooo good.

yua43eqg9q61.png
    wy6tdo870om4.png

Thanks for a solid recommendation. Damn tasty.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,852 Member Member Posts: 7,852 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - ^^^another good one. This would be insanely good I'm quite sure😍
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,124 Member Member Posts: 1,124 Member
    2dbirv09nxl7.jpeg
    Vegan GF nugo dark chocolate sea salt pretzel bars. I could eat a whole box. Love the sea salt on top and throughout the bar. Sooooo good.

yua43eqg9q61.png
    wy6tdo870om4.png

Thanks for a solid recommendation. Damn tasty.

I love the Vegan Peanut Butter NuGo!
    edited November 23
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,625 Member
    We buy the Nugo mint chocolate chip bars by the case.
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 76 Member Member Posts: 76 Member
    Sour cream. I eat sour cream every dang day.

Hello, fellow sour cream addict! Now there are enough of us to start a Sour Creamaholics Anonymous! ;)