JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 78

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl I have been fasting for a while! I do 16:8, eating from noon-8 p.m. daily. I previously ate from 3-8, and I haven't done that in a while. I use the Vora app. Fasting does have some possible health benefits that haven't been too rigorously studied yet (e.g., cellular repair), but my main reason is that I'm on 1200 calories, and fasting helps me keep my hunger and caloric intake in check. Ironically, as you've likely noted, when you regularly fast, you're less hungry at the times you would have eaten.

Ultimately, it's still your overall calories that matter more than the fasting time. I've done 32-hour fasts, 19-hour, etc., and they haven't worked any better for weight loss than counting calories. Find your comfort zone!

Thanks for sharing this! My dr wants me to try this.
  • wcollett60
    wcollett60 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @FarmerCarla thank you for the encouragement. I did not run or jog when younger, somehow the older me thinks it would be a good idea.
  • wcollett60
    Options
    @1991court thank you for your encouragement. I am hoping that variety will keep me motivated.
  • wcollett60
    Options
    @quiltingjaine
    Thank you for your advice. I am just beginning my new lifestyle and am exploring my options. This community has been a great way to stay on track and get encouragement.