Favorite Light ice creams?

Options

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    If I have ice cream, it's going to be Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    If I have ice cream, it's going to be Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.

Fish food is a favorite of mine, so good!
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    I found Enlightened and Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet. The two packs of Chilly Cow were 2 packages for three dollars. They had about 10 Enlightened flavors, most for $1.99. Smores was $2.49 and Triple Chocolate and Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch were $1.99. Triple chocolate was really good, I'm happy I had the chance to try it! Mint chip was there too, but I personally threw it away after trying it was so bad, and mint is up there with chocolate to me!

There were also bars, two kinds, one was Graham something and I don't recall the other. Don't recall which of the two brands they were as I wasn't interested in the flavors.

The Chilly Cow vanilla graham ice cream is good! I thought the flavor would be boring too, but I love it.

My Grocery Outlet did not have the caramel oatmeal flavor last time I was there :(

If you like caramel, you have to try Caramel Oameal Cookie Crunch! It's caramel ice cream with swirls of caramel, it's rich especially for light ice cream, I think it's my new favorite Enlightened. There was a bit of cinnamon and a touch of oatmeal, but should be called something like caramel heaven it was so caramelly! I'll try hot cocoa next time I go. I have a Grocery Outlet coupon from joining the mailing list. I don't think it'll be hard to spend $25 to use the coupon!

I wish I could find that one! I always scope out the Enlightened flavors whenever I go in a new store, and I haven't found that flavor anywhere at all. I used to be able to finish off a pint of Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche (and still could, if I was willing to spend the calories...) so that sounds great!

I went to Grocery Outlet today and was nice enough to leave one pint of caramel oatmeal cookie crunch behind, so if you're in the Sacramento area I know a store that has it! I picked up the Graham chilly cow and hot cocoa Enlightened. Chilly Cow is still 2 for $3. Enlightened was $2.49. No more bars in either, and not much selection anymore. I'm sure Dulce de Leche Haagen Daz is amazing! I liked Ben and Jerry's triple caramel.

Ahhh alittle late saying this but enlightened is now being carried in 'select' walmart stores but guess what? Not the walmarts in my state 😟 such a bummer!
  • Katmary71
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I found Enlightened and Chilly Cow at Grocery Outlet. The two packs of Chilly Cow were 2 packages for three dollars. They had about 10 Enlightened flavors, most for $1.99. Smores was $2.49 and Triple Chocolate and Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch were $1.99. Triple chocolate was really good, I'm happy I had the chance to try it! Mint chip was there too, but I personally threw it away after trying it was so bad, and mint is up there with chocolate to me!

There were also bars, two kinds, one was Graham something and I don't recall the other. Don't recall which of the two brands they were as I wasn't interested in the flavors.

The Chilly Cow vanilla graham ice cream is good! I thought the flavor would be boring too, but I love it.

My Grocery Outlet did not have the caramel oatmeal flavor last time I was there :(

If you like caramel, you have to try Caramel Oameal Cookie Crunch! It's caramel ice cream with swirls of caramel, it's rich especially for light ice cream, I think it's my new favorite Enlightened. There was a bit of cinnamon and a touch of oatmeal, but should be called something like caramel heaven it was so caramelly! I'll try hot cocoa next time I go. I have a Grocery Outlet coupon from joining the mailing list. I don't think it'll be hard to spend $25 to use the coupon!

I wish I could find that one! I always scope out the Enlightened flavors whenever I go in a new store, and I haven't found that flavor anywhere at all. I used to be able to finish off a pint of Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche (and still could, if I was willing to spend the calories...) so that sounds great!

I went to Grocery Outlet today and was nice enough to leave one pint of caramel oatmeal cookie crunch behind, so if you're in the Sacramento area I know a store that has it! I picked up the Graham chilly cow and hot cocoa Enlightened. Chilly Cow is still 2 for $3. Enlightened was $2.49. No more bars in either, and not much selection anymore. I'm sure Dulce de Leche Haagen Daz is amazing! I liked Ben and Jerry's triple caramel.

Ahhh alittle late saying this but enlightened is now being carried in 'select' walmart stores but guess what? Not the walmarts in my state 😟 such a bummer!

Oh no, I hope yours carries it soon! Mine only has 3 flavors, they must be rolling out slowly. Luckily one is Peanut Butter Chocolate. I think the other two are Cold Brew and Brownies and Cookie Dough. I haven,'t tried Cold Brew yet but have it, and didn't care for Brownies.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Oh no, I hope yours carries it soon! Mine only has 3 flavors, they must be rolling out slowly. Luckily one is Peanut Butter Chocolate. I think the other two are Cold Brew and Brownies and Cookie Dough. I haven,'t tried Cold Brew yet but have it, and didn't care for Brownies.

These are the same three flavors mine has. I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Brownies and Cookie Dough. Haven't tried the Cold Brew yet.. and not really sure I will.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I had salted caramel Enlightened from my Grocery Outlet haul. I liked it even more than Caramel Oatmeal Cookie as far as caramel goes. Highly recommend! My favs since starting this thread are those two plus Chocolate Peanut Butter and Triple Chocolate, then Skinny Cow Cookies and cream ice cream and Brown Butter Caramel bars.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would be considered "light", but I have two Dove Minis each night... they're 60 calories each, and are vanilla or chocolate ice cream dipped in a delicious chocolate shell. If only they sold them as a box of just the all-chocolate ones! Yum!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I like breyers delights in creamy chocolate and vanilla. I can limit myself to a few spoons at a time which is a victory for me! I like the texture and it satisfies my craving for ice cream. I don’t even miss the high calorie ice creams anymore.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I had salted caramel Enlightened from my Grocery Outlet haul. I liked it even more than Caramel Oatmeal Cookie as far as caramel goes. Highly recommend! My favs since starting this thread are those two plus Chocolate Peanut Butter and Triple Chocolate, then Skinny Cow Cookies and cream ice cream and Brown Butter Caramel bars.

Just got some salted caramel Enlightened at Nob Hill (it may be called Raley's where you are). I also picked up some mint chip and fudge bars. AND they had cotton candy grapes! It's not Grocery Outlet prices, but I'm very happy with today's grocery haul.
  • Katmary71
    Options

Just got some salted caramel Enlightened at Nob Hill (it may be called Raley's where you are). I also picked up some mint chip and fudge bars. AND they had cotton candy grapes! It's not Grocery Outlet prices, but I'm very happy with today's grocery haul.

Whoops, I meant Chilly Cow not Skinny Cow. Let me know how you like Salted caramel! Mint chip has been hit-or-miss with me, my fav mint in light ice cream is Archer Farms mint cookie.

Ooo, I've been wanting to try cotton candy grapes! Report back on them! I read Costco has them and am tempted to go, but I'd be buying a bunch just for me. I like grapes but that would be some serious grape eating! I don't have Nob Hill here.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    I like breyers delights in creamy chocolate and vanilla. I can limit myself to a few spoons at a time which is a victory for me! I like the texture and it satisfies my craving for ice cream. I don’t even miss the high calorie ice creams anymore.

Creamy chocolate sounds really good! I finally came across Breyer's Delights at Grocery Outlet in cookies and cream. I hope I enjoy it like you do! I wish I had the control for a couple spoonfuls at a time, I consider half a pint good control!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I don't know if it would be considered "light", but I have two Dove Minis each night... they're 60 calories each, and are vanilla or chocolate ice cream dipped in a delicious chocolate shell. If only they sold them as a box of just the all-chocolate ones! Yum!

I don't think it's light but it sure sounds good! I haven't seen these in the stores, but usually go straight to the lighter ice creams. I love Dove chocolate squares so I'll have to try these!
  • apullum
    Options

Whoops, I meant Chilly Cow not Skinny Cow. Let me know how you like Salted caramel! Mint chip has been hit-or-miss with me, my fav mint in light ice cream is Archer Farms mint cookie.

Ooo, I've been wanting to try cotton candy grapes! Report back on them! I read Costco has them and am tempted to go, but I'd be buying a bunch just for me. I like grapes but that would be some serious grape eating! I don't have Nob Hill here.

I've recently found the cotton candy grapes at Trader Joe's as well as Nob Hill/Raley's. TJ's didn't have them this weekend, but Nob Hill did this morning. They taste like a very sweet grape with a bit of that sugary cotton candy flavor. I love them. I would easily polish off a bag by myself, but my husband would be upset that he didn't get any :) I can definitely rack up some calories with these grapes.

The Enlightened fudge bar was fine, nothing amazing. For 70 calories I can't complain too much. Haven't tried the mint chip yet!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Sorry to hear the Enlightened fudge bar wasn't great, I hope you like the mint chip bar more!

I was in Sprouts tonight and tried a grape (honestly I've asked and produce managers actually want people to do this, I thought my dad was rude up until then!) expecting it to taste sour. I noted that it was sweet and discovered I'd had a cotton candy grape! It was good but I didn't want to pay so much so I snuck a second, not bad but would be really good cold! I'll keep an eye out for the Raleys flier.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    SoDelicious Bananas Foster was AMAZING. It is lower calorie than ice cream and vegan; it's based on cashew cream. I tried the SoDelicious Chocolate (based on coconut milk); I liked the flavor but did not like the texture.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    SoDelicious Bananas Foster was AMAZING. It is lower calorie than ice cream and vegan; it's based on cashew cream. I tried the SoDelicious Chocolate (based on coconut milk); I liked the flavor but did not like the texture.

That sounds good, I'll have to try it! I don't like the taste of coconut, but love cashews.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Grocery Outlet is down to 3 flavors, French Toast which I have no desire to buy, Caramel Oatmeal Cookie, and Black Cherry Chip. I went there to buy a blueberry brush only but picked up two Black Cherry Chips. I was hoping to get all the Salted Caramel but some evil person bought all of it so I'll have to use my coupon at Safeway (twice now when buying Enlightened there I've received cashier $1 off coupons, better than full price!) Getting good flavors discounted is pretty fun!
  • apullum
    Options
    Grocery Outlet is down to 3 flavors, French Toast which I have no desire to buy, Caramel Oatmeal Cookie, and Black Cherry Chip. I went there to buy a blueberry brush only but picked up two Black Cherry Chips. I was hoping to get all the Salted Caramel but some evil person bought all of it so I'll have to use my coupon at Safeway (twice now when buying Enlightened there I've received cashier $1 off coupons, better than full price!) Getting good flavors discounted is pretty fun!

Aw, that’s the sad part about Grocery Outlet—they always run out of the things you like! I tried the French toast and didn’t care for it, so I think you’re safe skipping that one. I like the black cherry.

Trader Joe’s has a new strawberry frozen Greek yogurt bar, 100 calories each. I haven’t tried it yet.
  • lalawaterlala
    lalawaterlala Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Halo Top chocolate peanut butter cup (360 calories for the whole container).
    I also found these iced coffee popsicles, I forgot the brand, but they're 140 cal ped popsicle and soooo freaking delicious
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I'll have to try a different Grocery Outlet to see if the good flavors are there. The Trader Joe's yogurt bars sound good! I'll let you try them first!

I didn't like Halo Top peanut butter cup very much, I think it's because I like chopped with my peanut butter. The iced coffee pops sound good!

I've decided Enlightened sucks at it's marshmallow flavoring. I LOVE sweetness, I used to eat double-filled oreos, would finish icing when other people leave it behind on a piece of cake, and don't know what people are talking about when they something is too rich dessert-wise. I grew up on diet soda, I'm ok with artificial flavors. Smores is the worst Enlightened flavor I've had, I tossed it. Frozen Hot Cocoa had great chocolate, but the marshmallow was gross. I'd probably get it again for the chocolate or go with Triple Chocolate instead. I'm still curious but skeptical about trying marshmallow peanut butter if I get the chance. It's not that the marshmallow is too sweet, it's just a weird flavor. Cherry chocolate chip was pretty good.