Less Alcohol - June 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• mckinlau
    mckinlau Posts: 29 Member
    Interesting listen I thought this group might like. It’s an interview with the No Beer One Year founder. This podcast has lots of announcements/ads at the beginning but then does not interrupt the conversation again. The interview starts a little after the 14 min mark if you want to skip the intro https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rich-roll-podcast/id582272991?i=1000439426122
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member
    AF four nights in a row! This weekend is my son’s high school graduation and I have two dinners out booked, but those nights I’m sticking to just one glass.

I wanted a drink tonight and last night, for no other reason than it’s a beautiful night to sit outside, and wouldn’t a nice glass of wine really compliment that? But no! pelligrino and cranberry satisfied that urge to sip something nice outdoors.

I love the food scale- everything about it, except seeing how little 2 oz (one serving) of pasta is. That’s freaking depressing!!!! But my weight is coming down, so that spurs me on.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 02 - 1/2 bottle of red wine
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.

Running tally - 3 AF days out of 6 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I wish I had more time to read more and chit-chat. There has been some great discussions!
    Busy time at work and keeping busy in the evenings. Maybe this weekend :)

June 1 goal 0 / actual 1 beer
    June 2 goal 0 / actual 5 beers
    June 3 goal 0 / actual 2 beers.
    June 4 goal 0 / actual Tied one on...…..wanted so bad to be AF. We were going to Taco Tuesday with the neighbors. I had many mental scenarios playing out in my head throughout the day to work...order tea, water, do you have any virgin drinks you'd recommend??? Ugghhh…...when it came to me to place my drink order, I was numb. My husband knew what I was going through. I caved and ordered a draft. It was a Med....22 ounces!! Really, that's not a medium! So I drank a couple more of hubbies beers when I got home....then that wasn't enough so I had to finish it off with a couple rum and pepsi's. The next day, of course I felt it, not too bad though, but a GREAT reminder of why I am liking being AF. It IS getting easier.
    June 5 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 6 goal 0 / actual AF
    June 7 goal....? / actual...….planning AF tonight. Will be my first Friday AF.
    June 8 goal 4 / actual...
    June 9 goal AF / actual
    June 10 goal AF / actual
    June 11 goal AF / actual
    June 12 goal AF / actual
    June 13 goal AF / actual
    June 14 goal...…??? Class get together/outdoor bar-b-q / actual...….sure would be nice to do this one sober and be the dd on the way home.
    June 15 goal ??? / actual
    June 16 goal ?? / actual
    June 17 goal AF / actual
    June 18 goal AF / actual
    June 19 goal AF / actual
    June 20 goal AF / actual
    June 21 goal ??? Hosting a Pampered Chef Margarita party......how do I get myself into these things...ugghh LOL
    to be continued...…...back to work :)

Have a great day everyone!!! and an even better LESS Alcohol weekend!!

Teri
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @AbandondedKSCharger ....Teri....we are going to need directions to your Pampered Chef party on June 21st. 🤣
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am going to set my June goals for 4-5 AF days per week. I tried 5 AF days per week in May, but didn't quite get there.
    May was 18 AF days for me, would have been more, but the warm weather and sweating it out in the garden led to some rum punches, as did being away. It might be challenging during the summer months, but I am going to try to have some discipline.

June 01 - AF - going out of town in the morning, kind of expect to have a few drinks Sunday.
    June 03 - 3 drinks - 2 days in a row, such a no-no. Definitely don't want to drift back into daily drinks, I will have to get a handle on it.
    June 04 - AF - It was a bit of a struggle to do AF after 2 days in a row of drinks.
    June 05 - AF - sort of reluctantly, but I know that the scale won't move unless I do AF days.
    June 06 - 3 drinks. I really need to get back on track, my weight is starting to creep up. So glad to have this forum, it really does help with accountability. I have a show at a bar that I have tickets to on Saturday night, but I am going to try to save money and calories and not order any alcohol. I have to be AF today (the 7th) so I can at least make it to 4AF days for the week.
    June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!

Running tally - 4 AF days out of 7 days so far
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Alcohol free June 1-6 and had two 5 oz glasses of wine with one mixed drink on June 7th as planned.
  • dawnbgethealthy

June 07 - AF - Just squeaked out 4AF days for the week. Yesterday I had a tooth extraction and was told no alcohol, but had 3 drinks!
    June 08 - 3 drinks - I need to rack up some more AF days.

Running tally - 4 AF days out of 8 days so far
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    Attended a small instrumental concert last night. Before the show we went accross the street to say hi to friends at a reastraunt/lounge. While walking to the door I was told to just order water because "someone" was fed up with paying $3.00 for an iced tea for me if there was no booze in it.
    😠

Hugs!

It's not worth paying over twice that for something that's got chemicals in it that make people annoyed.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    OK here I am again with my weekend accountability! My previously stated goals: to reduce overall, to measure, and to write it down here.

From last week:
    June 1 - hubby had hip replacement yesterday and it's been a rough couple days; I NEED a drink! (= at least 3 Scotch and sodas. Not sorry, either!)
    June 2 - about the same
    June 3 - about the same
    June 4 -1 glass of wine with dinner; one shot Scotch
    June 5 -1 glass of wine with dinner; nothing else!
    June 6 - 1 beer with dinner; nothing else!

June 7 - happy Friday! 1 beer with pizza for dinner; two (measured!) shots Scotch and soda
    June 8 - morning mimosas (our weekend ritual; every weekend); probably 3 or 4 shots Scotch and soda over the rest of the day
    June 9 - ditto