Unexpected downsides of losing weight

Replies

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    NOTHING FITS, AND I CAN'T BUY CLOTHES UNTIL I REACH GOAL WEIGHT.

I have lost 50 pounds, and i have 20ish to go. None of my clothes fit anymore. It sounds like a humble brag, but it's legitimately an issue. I wear suits to work, and the pant's all look like tents so I have to wear more casual pants along with the rest of the get up.

And there's no point in buying anything yet, as the way the weight loss has gone has left a great deal of it on my belly and chest. Everything I lose moving forward is making a pretty dramatic difference to my size, so I feel like I'll be like 4-5 inches smaller at the chest and tummy by goal. Sigh.

Well you have to have clothes. It takes a long time to lose that much weight. I went through several "Goodwill wardrobes" while losing 150. And buy things with stretch and a flexible fit so they last awhile.

I buy all my suits at thrift stores, but even so :(

The problem is dress clothes, I'm good at home haha
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I already have have Raynaud's and its cousin, Cold urticaria (hives from being cold--usually on my butt). The symptoms are getting more prevalent with a modest 25lb weight loss. Couple those two annoying conditions with menopausal hot flashes and I'm hot and sweaty one minute and have cold white fingers and hives the next. Annoying!!

At night is the worst, I go from trying to sleep nude with no covers and a water bottle to mist myself; to just the sheet; to the sheet and one blanket; two more blankets; two blankets and the quilt; two blankets, the quilt and sweat pants, socks and a shirt--back to naked with no sheet X 5 every night. Sometimes I get so cold I have to get up and take a hot shower. Sigh.

Electric blankets help a lot. One layer and you can change the temperature.
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    NOTHING FITS, AND I CAN'T BUY CLOTHES UNTIL I REACH GOAL WEIGHT.

I have lost 50 pounds, and i have 20ish to go. None of my clothes fit anymore. It sounds like a humble brag, but it's legitimately an issue. I wear suits to work, and the pant's all look like tents so I have to wear more casual pants along with the rest of the get up.

And there's no point in buying anything yet, as the way the weight loss has gone has left a great deal of it on my belly and chest. Everything I lose moving forward is making a pretty dramatic difference to my size, so I feel like I'll be like 4-5 inches smaller at the chest and tummy by goal. Sigh.

Well you have to have clothes. It takes a long time to lose that much weight. I went through several "Goodwill wardrobes" while losing 150. And buy things with stretch and a flexible fit so they last awhile.

I'm reaching the point where my pants don't stay up & look bad. I need to buy some in a smaller size. But I hate thrift-store shopping. I somehow didn't get that gene passed down from my mom. I've been delaying getting new clothes because I'm not done yet. Still have a ways to go. I like t-shirt type dresses. Maybe I'll get a couple more of those & stick to dresses at work.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    I'm practically gaunt in the face and upper body, but still fat in the lower body. People tell me you even out after a couple years but ugh ugh ugh.
    I can also see why people comment and think you've lost too much weight when parts of you are all bones.

Yesss the struggle is real. My husband is slightly freaked out that he can see my ribs for the first time but I'm still not even at the lower end of the bmi. Every lb I have left to lose is from my ribs down... First on, last off.