June 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    We have our first open home today. Had 3 groups through. One sounds primi3, another wants the house but has to sell hers first and the other we don't know much about. So will see. The agent sounded confident (don't they always).

It is interesting hearing about you selling. Here in the USA it is a different process. At least in all the areas where I have bought/sold homes. For the most part, the homeowner has little to nothing to do other than keep the house clean. For "open homes" (we call them open houses here) the owners are gone the entire time. They do not normally meet prospective buyers. The agents do pretty much everything.

Oh we weren't here, we cleaned and then were kicked out of the house for an hr. This was just the report from the agent lol though we met the one who has to sell first because she arrived 15 mins early and we hadn't left yet haha
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Today is my birthday. I usually don't work on my birthday, but I had to juggle days......

Happy Birthday!

And, while I have not personally gone through it, a good I have been told that a counseling program can work wonders. As a pastor, I refer my people to them when it goes beyond what I can do.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins next time as you go buy tell them "I am taking names and numbers to report to Santa" ;)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary UGH I hate races like that. Good on you for doing so well despite the bad race organization!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @Lazy_Bones_85 well done!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Great race. Sorry the kids were annoying, but it did make you up your pace. LOL
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    @ereck44
    Happy Birthday!
    I am sorry for your sister's loss. I do not have any personal experience with grief counseling, but I certainly think it could help. But I agree with @quilteryoyo about not expecting them to be "fixed" anytime soon. The people I know who have lost a child have never really gotten over it, they have just learned to live with it.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @ereck44
    Happy Birthday!
    I am sorry for your sister's loss. I do not have any personal experience with grief counseling, but I certainly think it could help. But I agree with @quilteryoyo about not expecting them to be "fixed" anytime soon. The people I know who have lost a child have never really gotten over it, they have just learned to live with it.

This is an excellent point. I would go farther though and say do not expect them to ever truly be "fixed." They will be permanently changed by this. 20 years from now you will still see the impact on their life. @quilteryoyo gets it best I think with "finding a new normal."

The best thing you can do is just be there. A shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen without judgment. These are the most important things you as the family can do.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    How important is running/cycling/yoga... your exercise addiction/goal to you? How has it helped you in areas of your life and what changes do you envision in the next year.
    My climbing/running routine has become super important to me. I enjoy having something to work towards and seeing my progress give me such a feeling of accomplishment. It helped me lose 50 lbs and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life.
    I'm planning for my first HM this year and I'm hoping to get a clean V5 and 5.11 in climbing.

quote="Elise4270;c-43792278"]
    another monthly question for everyone, newbies too.
    What's your favorite/ideal pre and or post exercise food? Do you mind the calories/macros? And will you come cook it for me or are you as bad as I am about cooking/planning? [/quote]

My runs are mostly timed so that I eat my planned snacks and meals for my shorter runs. For longer runs I sometimes have half a Clif bar or so before running and a few bloks during. Since I run in the evening usually, I just eat my dinner after I run. Sometimes I have a small glass of chocolate milk if I feel like I need something immediately.
    I meal plan everything for 6 days a week, including snacks so no cooking required when I'm hungry. The only thing I don't plan are the little things I eat specifically to fuel runs since those are different depending on the length of the run and how I'm feeling.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    June total: 3.1 miles
    June goal: 70 miles

2019 Races:

Piney Woods Trailfest 5k - 2/2/2019 29.23
    Rodeo Run 10k - 2/23/2019 1:03.12
    Run Houston! Minute Maid Park 10k - 3/23/2019 1:01.28
    Brazos Bend 50 10k - 4/6/2019 1:15:33
    El Chupacabra de Houston 10k (night trail run) - 8/2019
    TWRC Run Wild Run Free 5k - 9/2019