Replies

• RBrigzy
    RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    CURRIED TUNA

Ingredients:

Tuna
    Finely chopped onion - optional
    Generous amount of Curry powder - Madras is my favorite, this comes in a tin in the UK
    Fresh Coriander leaves

Vary quantities as you fancy.

If tinned tuna - keep some of the brine or oil to one side and add after mixing the above to give some moisture.
    Should be ok then - but you might like to add some low calorie or fat free mayo if too dry fro you.

Enjoy with a fresh salad topped with balsamic vinegar - and a nice baked potato for a main meal.

Wow, now I describe it - I just have to make this tomoz..

:)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It's not lower fat or calories, but I mix my tuna with avocado a lot of the time.
    '
    This is soooo yummy!
  • Kimmykakers
    Kimmykakers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i agree i think avocado is really good with tuna, but using real mayo isn't bad.. it's a good fat just like avocados. and its definitely good for ya and keeps you satiated for a long period of time
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I mix it with onion and chive flavour cottage cheese - protein-a-rama!

I must know more about this onion and chive flavored cottage cheese! It sounds amazing!!

It's already mixed from the supermarkets here in the UK, I eat so much of this stuff!
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    A tin of chopped tomatoes, and then anything from the following, depending on what I have in the house:

- couple of birds eye chillies (pretty much obligatory)
    - olives
    - capers
    - onion
    - green pepper
    - sweetcorn
    - herbs
    - kidney beans

... and quite often I add some cooked pasta to bulk it into a full meal.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas posted!

- mix with a bit of teriyaki sauce, coleslaw and chopped green onion
    - light mayo/miracle whip with relish (all different types of relishes out there, not just pickle relish)
    - A bit of whipped cream cheese and sweet chili sauce (this is great with crab too)
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with mayo and put garlic salt and pepper on it, and put it on a toasted english muffin Mmm!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I cut up a half a tomato, a half an avocado, dump in a small pouch of albacore tuna, and a tablespoon or so of lite Italian dressing. Delicious!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It's not lower fat or calories, but I mix my tuna with avocado a lot of the time.

boom!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I always used mayo but I used a light mayo it's like 1/2 reduced fat and 1/3 reduced sodium and only 35 cals per serving. then I also mix a sprinkle of cheese in it and some sliced up pickles in there too. It is delicious. lol
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    tuna and top ramen
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I buy the Wholly Guacamole 100 cal snack packs, they are less fat/cals than a regular avocado and 1 pkt is the perfect size for a can of tuna.

I also mix it with Cholula and light mayo. Or salsa and black beans. Mmmm. :smile:
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anybody mentioned this or not (to lazy to read all the posts) but I eat the flavored tunas with celery. Easy way to get some veggies and it doesn't take long to feel full. I just scoop some tuna on the celery stick and enjoy. It helps cover up the test of celery.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use dill relish and spicy brown mustard ~ this is also how I eat my hard boiled eggs!

I love both of those things so much! Will try this!

Would be awesome with Chicken of the Sea's Thai Chili Tuna. So good.
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump to look at later....loving the ideas
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Avocado
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, dijon mustard, red onion, celery and a little curry powder. Especially delicious on some multi-grain crackers with sliced grapes on top!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    A lot of really tasty ideas! OP great request.

- Sweet relish or 1/2 sweet relish and 1/2 mayo

- My Aunt would finely dice sweet pickles and white onion

- Plain and sprinkled with lemon juice and a bit of black pepper

- Celery, sweet relish, and add a few finely chopped radishes
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just tried my tuna mixed with avocado & black pepper and it is AWESOME! I think tomorrow I will eat the remainder of my tuna/avocado but also add some red onion and kalamata olives and see how that goes together with it. I will add that there was zero fish taste with the avocado if that matters to anyone.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've heard blending cottage cheese gives it a thick, creamy texture like mayo, so maybe the cottage cheese suggestions would make a supercharged protein-filled tuna salad!