July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My watch keeps telling me my runs are unproductive. This is unhelpful.

Very much having a similar few weeks.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

Soooooo tired. It's been a brilliant week, been on my own to all sorts of different areas on my own. I've pretty much been on my feet for 3 days and loving it!

I took a rest day today and kinda glad I did. I'm exhausted haha. But will do another 5k or so tomorrow.

I've been loving work, does it show?

If you love it, it is't work.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    simcon1 wrote: »
    I’m super impressed with all the running in the heat! We are still pretty chilly here, with highs in the low 70s, and now it’s unseasonably rainy too. Good for gardens & the watershed, but we’re just wondering where summer is. We went for a hike on Sunday, and the top (a ridge) was so windy and chilly I had on a technical T, long sleeve hiking shirt, a fleece, a puffy down coat, and gloves—and I hiked 2.5 miles of the way back down before I warmed up enough to take off even one layer.. here’s a photo of my daughter in the wind:

jwicvcrrg98m.jpeg

On the running front, I did a quick two miles today in some drizzle. I’m hoping to do a longer run tomorrow, and then I had forgotten that I have to go do a workshop in LA on Thursday, so I’m just trying to figure out the week (and still a bit exhausted from all the work travel in the past month, so not really keen to get on a plane!) And then maybe it will be summer when I get back...

That looks like an awesome place to hike!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    My watch keeps telling me my runs are unproductive. This is unhelpful.

Tell your watch to bugger off. :)
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Met a friend and ran around the lake where she lives for 12k today. It was really hilly and a bit fast for me, but I felt better pretty quickly after we stopped, so I guess I wasn't THAT wiped out :)
    Then I jumped in the lake with my running clothes on.

I have been tempted to do that in the river here, but I am not so sure I would not grow an extra limb if I did!