July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I know some of you (based on your reading choices) are into the fantasy genre... someone just sent me this song, and if dwarves were real, and had a modern band, this totally would be them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU
    (lyrics are all SFW)

This is awesome! And I will also be singing it for the rest of the day. :D

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole

I got pretty mad at you during my run today. Ran with music yesterday to get it out of my head and today one podcast ended and that song came right into my head, lined up with my footfalls. Aaaaargh! I'm going crazy over here!

HA! I find myself not sorry about this. :smiley:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind on the posts again. Missed 100! Sorry guys. I'm the world's worst at keeping up lately. Hopefully things will calm down in August and I can do better.

It was raining her today, so I did my run on the treadmill. I went down with the intention of doing at least 3 miles and hoping to do more, if I felt like it. I also started out at an unsustainable pace, so had to adjust. Remember, I am slow. I ran 2 minutes at 5.5 mph, then 3 at 5.0 mph for the first 6 minute segment. Then I did 5/1 minutes at 5.0/3.7 mph until I reached 3 miles. At that point, I felt it prudent to slow down a little more, so slowed to 4.5/3.7 mph. Keep up the 5/1 minute intervals until I reached 5 miles running!!!! That's the farthest I've gone in many, many years - like maybe 6 years. I was proud, even though it did take me 1:04:31. With my warm up and long cool down walk, I did a 10K - 6.214 miles, in 1:25:03.

I have a work conference tomorrow and Saturday, so both will probably be rest days.

Great workout!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I guess I'm not the only one that gained inspiration from the pull up/push up goals of others. I'm trying to do the odd set of push ups now and then. I want to avoid old lady t-rex arms.