July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That's crazy. All I can see is tomato juice all over my shirt and mouth. I just can't imagine the bees and insects that would attract when mixed with sweat! Yuck! Don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon! ;)

@NiigataA Enjoy your trip!

• simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Wow, that’s gorgeous. I’m so glad that all is going so well with your move, too! (And that sounds like a fun plan!)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    jcammoile wrote: »
    I'm aiming for 2km per day.....I'm not really a runner but I have been getting up at 6am every morning well 6 days a week and running just 15-20 minutes to try to reduce my body fat more. I'm 41 and am aiming to get into my best every shape this year. I'm putting it out there as it motivates me to keep going if I have publicly stated! I work for myself as a personal trainer, single mum of 3 and want to be an inspiration to others.
    Love this thread!

Julia

If getting up at 6AM six mornings a week and running doesn't make you a runner, I don't know what does! Welcome!

Side note: watch out for the mods editing your post to remove that link - I believe outside links like that are verboten, even if it's free.
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @jcammoile Great job in the runs. Every little bit counts :) Welcome to the group
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Welcome to @minniemouse0209 and @jcammoile !!
    Congrats on the push-ups @MegaMooseEsq! Feels good, doesn't it?
    @Avidkeo and @simcon1 Nice pics! Both look like beautiful places to run.

I am impressed daily by my TX people out running in the heat. You guys are tough!! I'm going to blame my red hair. Apparently the MC1R gene that gives hair the red hue also has been linked to temperature sensitivity, with redheads feeling both hot and cold temperatures more extremely than non redheads. It also means we need less Vitamin D, have a higher pain tolerance, and require more anesthesia/sedation.

...And tend to have the most head hair of any color.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I am impressed daily by my TX people out running in the heat. You guys are tough!! I'm going to blame my red hair. Apparently the MC1R gene that gives hair the red hue also has been linked to temperature sensitivity, with redheads feeling both hot and cold temperatures more extremely than non redheads. It also means we need less Vitamin D, have a higher pain tolerance, and require more anesthesia/sedation.

...And tend to have the most head hair of any color.

Didn't know that one. I do have a TON of hair. It's so heavy!!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @martaindale ... Where do you live? I'm one of those TX runners... You just have to get out early morning to catch anything under 80 degrees. My running partner (hubby) had red hair (mostly gray now) and blue eyes. But he is Texas born and raise, that men can handle heat better than me. The genetic world is against you for running in hot weather (female, red hair and fair skin) . Stay cool my friend and keep on running :)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I think you are perfect just the way you are 😘
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 I think you are perfect just the way you are 😘

You've been trained well young man. 🤗