WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Machka I just added 3 more older works.

They're really good too ... but I especially like that new one. The colours work for me. :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Connie, You are an awesome mom to have created such a safe family for your child.

<3 Barbie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    mp8jxm4g1pyx.png

Son and children at Six Flags Over Georgia. DnL has to go back to school next Thursday and children go back August 1st.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Taking me on the iPhone multiple tries to get in here daily still it gives me all sorts of fun sayings. Pushing star to bypass when I get passed the no connection screens. They hopefully will fix this soon but super glad the food log area works no matter what!

Apple Pie 🥧 to cut down on sugar never use tart 🍏 apples! Use sweet apples 🍎 the natural sugars sweeten the pie so you can cut the amount of sugar used in the pie considerably! Saves money too!

Amber Tx

Term Family - never ending changing thing. Many households for my Daughter generations never had a biological father in the picture so a StepFather to even a grandfather gets the title Dad. Some have a Father but it was arranged older Woman who’s hubby wouldn’t let her have kids so divorced then meets a friend willing to help her IVF a few kids he may or may not choose a title (Godfather,Dad,Moms Friend, or chose to cut ties to let her do as she wishes). You have kids being raised by their parents but we’re not created from their Sperm,egg,or both they used a Donor to family member or even friends. Some Moms are carrying the children for their Daughters so can be multiple choices on where egg y sperm come from then it’s placed in Grandma 👵. Then they decide the names they want for after baby. (Grandma,2nd Mom,Biological Mom,etc) .Laws are still catching up in many states. Friend of mine y her Husband used IVF had a baby son.His ex wife y him had Daughters naturally that were adults by then in their 30-40’s. After his death the courts awarded everything to the ex wife y her kids saying IVF it wasn’t his! That was 20+years ago when IVF was still uncommonly used the young mans of course older than my Daughter now but his Mom found herself penny-less raising a baby her parents lived in another country! Luckily his parents took her in y she found a job scraping by until he was grown up. Surely the laws in Texas have caught up but who knows! Got to have lawyers for everything now of days. He grew up calling his Uncle Dad who took him to all his sports y events.(Too young to remember his real Dad at time of death)

Amber Tx.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    gm7e2svdkyit.jpeg

Testing spoiler with picture of my Florida grandkids. Thanks for the help!

@pipcd34 Your fur baby is adorable!

@KetoneKaren Beautiful mosaics!

The paintings by your brother are amazing! What talent!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! <3 to all!!

Michele in NC - What part of the state are you in? I'm near Asheville.

Luci WNC

thanks. she (golden) was a cutie. still miss her, not used to having 2 dogs yet.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Luci WNC- Can see the picture it’s showing up perfectly! Such cute foto.

Rebecca-Any more baby fotos? JR loves to look at Athena.He gets a cute high pitches voice yells Baby!!!

Trying to figure out what to eat I have soup y tuna made so looking like my go-to.
    dtrpwbxq8xld.jpeg

My newest Tuna Recipe:
    Tuna- 6-12cans in water drained
    Dijon mustard- very few calories use a lot
    Pepper- few calories I use a lot
    Purple onion- cut finely use 1/2 of an onion
    Lemon juice- few calories a quick squirt
    Mayonnaise- lowest calorie one you can find
    Mix can add celery to substitute salmon for tuna just use less mayo if you do.

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Karen thank you for sharing. Gorgeous!

Luci, Carol, Heather love the pictures!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - your brother's paintings are absolutely lovely. Intrigued by the mini-mosaics, as well. :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Rita-I apologize for your actual temps being that hot 🥵,our heat index is supposed to be 114 on Saturday.The humidity hurts a lot of people here and the heat is killing our crops.Storms took out power for some here last night.Its back on now,but some where quite uncomfortable for a bit.Im out in it every day and prefer it to the cold.And I’ve been getting those annoying messages also

I understand about the humidity! I lived in middle TN for 16 years! Heat and humidity hurts many. Including my arthritis, my DH’s arthritis and the heat makes me light headed and feel faint. Worse with humidity. Humidity is one reason I’m in New Mexico now.

No need to apologize and I’m sorry if I came across rude. Didn’t mean to.

RV Rita

• kevrit
    Options
    Was reading pg 62 and I got a notice saying that Roswell is having a “Turtle Marathon “ in August. Wonder if that has real turtle races or slow people or......ideas?? Gonna have to look that one up! >:)

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    cmsavells wrote: »
    while I searched the world for Dulcolax liquid for my “mother-in-law”.

Several of you have talked about cleaning around your spouse/partner. As single/never married...

Connie in KY

I’m curious how you can have a mother-in-law if you’ve never been married???

It’s a very long story, but I’ll try the abbreviated version. I wanted to make sure that my daughter would be taken care of if anything ever happened to me. My sister just can’t be trusted, so my very best friend ever did a second parent adoption. He is legally her father even though we never married. His mom is a grandmother to my daughter in every sense of the word. She calls me her daughter-in-law, so I joke that she is my “mother-in-law by proxy”.

I know some would not agree with the arrangement, but it works for us

Connie in KY

What an awesome way to provide for your daughter!

RV Rita
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Oh PSS: I organized my shoe closet. I realized I was a shoe nut, but holy crap...115 pairs! :open_mouth:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Meg #ThatsaLottaShoes
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    My mother just now decided to have fried chicken for the family tomorrow night after my brother's funeral. I guess I could just eat one piece and try to eat something else before or after. It's going to be a tough day, the last thing I need is to eat high fat. The chaos of family is already getting to me.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    oxw3b0u0wjy9.jpeg