WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Connie KY - Sour Pie cherries are also good for gout .Family member has it in our household.Keeps flare up down.

Annie ziplock bag of green munchies fits well in the purse goes well with chicken 🍗.Can also tear the breaded coating off if you feel it’s necessary.
    drm0n8ry1d73.jpeg
    Found this looks exactly like my 1 finger y 2 tie issue from the pregnancy! I did have vitamin deficiency plus hypertension through the roof so bet this is exactly my nail issue.Cant find cures for it tho! Got healthy diet,not pregnant now, y well I placed tea tree oil on the finger nails today with a top coat of rejuvacote from duri to seal it in. I hate nail polish but if anything works on the nail I can then do the same to the toes! Anyone ever have vertical nail ridges from the bed down? If so did you find a way to fix them or lessen the severity? Got one the groves so deep sometimes it bleeds!

Amber Tx

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Karen in VA - your brother's paintings are absolutely lovely. Intrigued by the mini-mosaics, as well. :)

A gazillion times ditto what Lisa said. Absolutely amazing talent.

Janetr OKC
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Here are a few of his older creations:
    psek6h910l9s.jpg
    x3nkyszv5zuq.jpg
    9stfx4szubws.jpg

Karen in Virginia

KarenVA: I love your brother's art. The lady with cat on her knee....is there any way I can buy a print? Those mini-mosiacs are frickin' amazing. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational photos.

Rori
    SMILING in Colorado Foothills
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    My mother just now decided to have fried chicken for the family tomorrow night after my brother's funeral. I guess I could just eat one piece and try to eat something else before or after. It's going to be a tough day, the last thing I need is to eat high fat. The chaos of family is already getting to me.

Annie, Good idea! You can handle this. Eat a healthy meal ahead of time, and maybe there will be some veggies or salad you can have on your plate, so you can be social without being awkward. If you feel obligated to eat a piece of chicken for some reason, you can choose a small piece & discreetly remove the skin. Good that you had this 'heads up', especially with such an emotionally-charged family event. Sad time for all of you. Condolences on the death of your brother.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »

Here are a few of his older creations:
    psek6h910l9s.jpg
    x3nkyszv5zuq.jpg
    9stfx4szubws.jpg

Karen in Virginia

KarenVA: I love your brother's art. The lady with cat on her knee....is there any way I can buy a print? Those mini-mosiacs are frickin' amazing. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational photos.

Rori
    SMILING in Colorado Foothills

Rori, sending you a PM.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My mother just now decided to have fried chicken for the family tomorrow night after my brother's funeral. I guess I could just eat one piece and try to eat something else before or after. It's going to be a tough day, the last thing I need is to eat high fat. The chaos of family is already getting to me.

I’m sorry for your loss. Family chaos is difficult to avoid.

As for the fried chicken, grab a chicken breast, pull the skin off, rinse it and it won’t be as greasy. I’ve done this for years!

Hang in there!

Connie in KY
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Rita I was intrigued by the Turtle Marathon, so I decided to look into it. Here is what I found out. Held in Roswell, NM on Labor Day weekend annually for over 30 years, the race is in memory of Liz Mooney & raises funds for multiple sclerosis. The Turtle Marathon started out in 1986, I believe, as a small, no frills race sponsored by Liz's husband, Dr. Richard Mooney, a local OB-GYN, in honor of his wife & to raise money for multiple scerosis research. I don't know how many participants there are now. Liz died in 2011 at the age of 54, but the race goes on, now in memory of her. It starts really early in the morning (0530) to beat the heat. Afterwards people go to the UFO museum before heading home! The finishers receive ceramic turtles, and the signs that keep people on course have turtles painted on them. The article didn't say, but I am guessing Liz loved turtles. It's such a sweet story. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat

Did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Vince talked yesterday about cutting the grass today. I bet we do. We’re having a pool party for the Newcomers next Saturday. Planning to make “bowling pins” as a decoration. The “alley” will be a yoga mat, the “bumpers” will be pool noodles, the “ball” will be a small beach ball, the “pins” will be empty soda bottles with a red stripe and the inside will be a drop of white paint mixed with water. The guy who is co-hosting is a chemist so he told me how to do it, actually…he’s going to do it. We’re planning to have a sort-of pool party just for the families on my block. I can tell that Vince for whatever reason isn’t crazy about the idea. Why, I don’t know. He keeps coming up with every excuse why we shouldn’t have it. I just think it would be nice to get to know all the new neighbors – there are three of them. I really would like to do it for the entire neighborhood, but there is no way we can handle it ourselves with all those people. Maybe next year if I can find someone to help us. The one lady who used to help with the neighborhood picnic they had many years ago isn’t interested at all in helping. She just wants to come and enjoy herself. That’s what she told me. She told me that I should just invite certain people and no one will find out or get hurt. Not true. I found out and, honestly, I was a bit hurt that I wasn’t included. The second time this happened, I decided it wasn’t worth it to be hurt.

Soup kitchen tomorrow

Suebdew – so glad your eyes are OK

Karen in VA – happy birthday. Another 39th birthday, huh?

Jennie – you rock not going to the store!

Cut the grass today. While I was weedwacking it started to rain. Unfortunately, it just made it more humid. I certainly can stand it, but I’m sure the native NCarolineans are up in arms.

Don’t know why, but I’m yawning so much today.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options

Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Simply Gym Ball DVD. This is a new one for me, so we shall see how it goes

Luci – congrats on the upcoming blessed event

Karen – Happy Birthday. Love the mosaics

Connie – Vince had gout and when he did, he wished someone would cut off his toe, it’s that painful. So I totally understand. He now takes uloric to fend off it happening again

Soup kitchen then I think I’ll stop at Food Lion to get hot dogs since they are on sale and we’ll be having a pool party for our street where we’ll be serving hot dogs and hamburgers. Am trying to think of something that I can have because I haven’t had a hamburger in at least 5 years (they make my stomach hurt) and I can’t remember the last time I had a hot dog.

Allie – congrats on the capris

M – was just thinking about Wendy the other day!

Karen – lovely pic

Luci – I’m in Newton, just south of Hickory. Downtown Asheville is about 1-1/2 hr west of us.

The pool was 92 today. No wonder it wasn’t refreshing!

Meg – never thought of having a sardine like that. Sounds yummy, I’ll have to give it a try some time

After exercise stopped at Burke’s Outlet. Very seldom can I find bras that I like (wireless) in my size. Oh, I can find them at places like JCP. But they're something like $17. No way am I going to pay that much! But they had 3 so I took them. I also got 5% off today. Then went to Big Lots and got a solar frog for us and something to take to my cousin’s when we go to FL. It was 50% off. I doubt they are going to go much lower since there are so few of them.

Today at the soup kitchen they were serving deep fried chicken patty on a bun with (now this is decent) a piece of tomato (from someone’s garden) and lettuce along with potato salad (yuk). For dessert they had strawberry cobbler (which was all bread), lemon pound cake and vanilla cake. When I left they asked me if I wanted a chocolate cake. Since I had some in the freezer for Vince, I said “no”. I usually take a bottle of water with me when I leave.

Connie – I never heard of rinsing chicken!

We’re going to have a pool party in the middle of August just for the people on our block. I bought the hot dogs today. I thought they had others on sale, but the ones were not the bun length and only meat not beef. So I got another brand (on sale)

We’re supposed to go to the Hickory Community Theater tonight

Michele in NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    I won't have time to read or comment in the morning as we are travelling from early morning. I will log in as and when. Lol!

😎 Have a fab weekend, fitfam! 💕💖💖

☘️ Terri
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Sharing the best article I read about Middle Age Puberty Lol Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Rita I was intrigued by the Turtle Marathon, so I decided to look into it. Here is what I found out. Held in Roswell, NM on Labor Day weekend annually for over 30 years, the race is in memory of Liz Mooney & raises funds for multiple sclerosis. The Turtle Marathon started out in 1986, I believe, as a small, no frills race sponsored by Liz's husband, Dr. Richard Mooney, a local OB-GYN, in honor of his wife & to raise money for multiple scerosis research. I don't know how many participants there are now. Liz died in 2011 at the age of 54, but the race goes on, now in memory of her. It starts really early in the morning (0530) to beat the heat. Afterwards people go to the UFO museum before heading home! The finishers receive ceramic turtles, and the signs that keep people on course have turtles painted on them. The article didn't say, but I am guessing Liz loved turtles. It's such a sweet story. <3

Karen in Virginia

Thanks Karen! Here’s more about it!

“This race is staged each September as summer is beginning to give way to fall here in the city that’s become synonymous with UFOs thanks to the 1940s “incident” and the television shows, movies and docudramas that have popularized it ever since.

The annual Turtle Marathon, Half Marathon & Labor Day 5K offers some of the lowest entrance fees of any race of its kind in the nation, as well as the beauty of the surrounding desert scenery and a course on which many runners may have a chance to actually win, thanks to the often small size of the participant fields.”

RV Rita

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Amber-I read the article and loved it! A grain of salt and glass of wine.And the inolongergiveacrap-iris!!! Yes,lol
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! I am so ready for the weekend. DH works tomorrow and I am so looking forward to at least part of a day where I can do nothing. This has been a bad week food wise and I know I am stress eating and have to get a grip on it. Pip I need your boot a couple times.

Today is DSIL's birthday. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks with no dialysis. We are planning to go down to Kansas on Sunday. Our car is still in the shop, they are hoping to have it done end of next week. So DS is letting us take their car.

Margaret--That steam train went across Nebraska last week and because of water had to make extra long stops. When it finally got to Grand Island Iwas working so didn't get to see it.

Karen--Sounds like a very nice birthday.

Connie--That sounds like a very good arrangement.

Karen--Your brother is very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Rita--Turtle races sound interesting, I will be looking forward to finding out if it is really turles or slow people.

Meg--Sure good to see you posting again. This heat is the pits. Sunday only to be 77. Stay cool my friend.

I joined the wellness center at the hospital I work at today, There is no reason I can not go down when I get off and exercise. So going to start that and keep better track of what goes in my mouth.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Thank again :0)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Yeah a lot of the ideas they used to tell us to tell our kids now will/is obsolete. I believe the only true advice is Everything In Moderation! JR tall so heard peekaboo turned around to see him peering over the stove top while I was clearing dishes lol.
    h9ig90iymb1o.jpeg
    xmhhwoernejz.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.54min, 13.7amph, 138mhr, 1.57mi= 70c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 52.36min, 14.1amph, 151mhr, 12.35mi= 546c
    apple watch- 486c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.45min, 144mhr, 9.45min mi, .48mi= 57c