You guys really like to over complicate things.

Options

Replies

• OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    o.O my deficit is way higher than that. I am at like 1,000 if I do nothing all day and then 1956 deficit if I exercise 2 hours a day. I eat as much as my body feels it needs and that's the story.

Also....was suppose to be a quote to someones post xD
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.

Maybe its time to do exercise as well and look at the quality of foods you eat.
    None of that canned foods stuff.
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's true that weight loss really not complicated. Everybody knows that all you have to do to successfully lose weight is sip the tears of a baby unicorn every other Tuesday precisely at daybreak. Duh...

OoOoOoOo that's what I'm doing wrong! :tongue:

Let me guess, you were on the every-third-Wednesday schedule? No wonder you're frustrated!
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    i can guarantee you that very few people in this thread would know more about training or nutrition than me.

:huh:
    Because...

Because I've been training for years an tried almost everything, I spend about half of my day researching training and nutrition information, and I'm studying Exercise Science at one of the best schools in NY for it. In no way am I saying I know anything, or even half of the information out there, but from what I've seen in this thread I'd say I'm one of the most knowledgeable.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.

Well..seeing as we know nothing about what you are actually eating or doing.....

I suggest starting a thread containing info on your calorie goals, exercise routine, and any medical conditions would be best. Having an open diary and letting people know how you are measuring your food helps too.
    But the OP suggests none of that matters. just eating under maintenance matters...
  • drcherokee
    Options

You could be overestimating your daily activity level (go with "sedentary" if you're unsure), overestimating exercise, or underestimating calories. Or any combination. It doesn't take much to throw it off. Just like a budget, it's SO easy to spend money and not stick tightly to allotments.

I'm not saying you're doing any of those things, but it's possible. Also, you could just have slow metabolism or some other sort of metabolic issue.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

Well..seeing as we know nothing about what you are actually eating or doing.....

I suggest starting a thread containing info on your calorie goals, exercise routine, and any medical conditions would be best. Having an open diary and letting people know how you are measuring your food helps too.

^^^ this
    would join that thread and try to help
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

But the OP suggests none of that matters. just eating under maintenance matters...

A lot of times, the people are eating more than they realize and overestimating their burns..which puts them AT maintenance if not over. so it falls in with what the OP is saying, actually.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

A lot of times, the people are eating more than they realize and overestimating their burns..which puts them AT maintenance if not over. so it falls in with what the OP is saying, actually.
    IFF they are eating more than they realize.
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    Mirin most of the posters in this thread now. People actually trying to teach and help others instead of all that crap that was on the first few pages.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

which is a very easy thing to do and a lot of people, myself included, have done it
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ah, the arrogance of youth having all the answers. Like we haven't seen this many times before. Like we weren't in your shoes many years ago when we were the ones with all the answers. And in 30-40 years when you in our shoes and you know you won't have all the answers.

Time is the great equalizer. We've seen this play before.

I love this. So true.

u jelly?

Please explain why you think I am "jelly?" I'm guessing you think that I am jealous of your age. Far from it, dude. I wouldn't go back in time if I could. Been there and done that. Compared to where I was when I was younger, I am quite content where I am at now.

There is no need to be upset, age is just a number. Live in the present moment because thats all you have control over.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

which is a very easy thing to do and a lot of people, myself included, have done it
    Sure. I guess I just dont see how post after post by young men telling women and men of all ages and weights and histories how "easy" it is all that helpful. I don't live in anyone else's shoes, metabolism, chemistry, life, history,....and I try not to post as though I do. I may not always succeed, but I try.
    And on that note, I've got lessons to prepare for work tomorrow. Cheers and good night ya'll.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options

It comes down to what you eat, all that processed food is going to do is make your body not get the stuff it really needs. Try changing 1 meal (lunch) to a salad or everything that is healthy and comes from a garden. I started out that way and lost 20lbs and now I just switch a lot of my food around and have been doing great so far. Also do you eat back your calories? go off TDEE or use MFP methods? TDEE could help you better manage yourself as you don't eat calories back :)
  • WhoHa42
    Options

Sure. I guess I just dont see how post after post by young men telling women and men of all ages and weights how "easy" it is all that helpful. I don't live in anyone else's shoes, metabolism, chemistry, life....and I try not to post as though I do. I may not always succeed, but I try.
    And on that note, I've got lessons to prepare for work tomorrow. Cheers and good night ya'll.

We've made it very clear many times that it's not easy, it's just simple. It's actually pretty hard, but the process of doing it is simple.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Sure. I guess I just dont see how post after post by young men telling women and men of all ages and weights how "easy" it is all that helpful. I don't live in anyone else's shoes, metabolism, chemistry, life....and I try not to post as though I do. I may not always succeed, but I try.

We've made it very clear many times that it's not easy, it's just simple. It's actually pretty hard, but the process of doing it is simple.
    I rest my case. gnight mate.
  • WhoHa42
    Options

I rest my case. gnight mate.

I'm confused, but ok night brah
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    WisiPls is right, weight loss is a simple matter IF you are a relatively young, healthy person.

But many people on this site are overweight due to other health or emotional issues, and those issues, be it physical or psychological, can wreak havoc on our diets and our lives.

After I had two kids and hit 30, my metabolism tanked - I'm having to learn how to eat differently and more responsibly.

Some of us just don't know HOW to eat, and many of us are trying to break bad eating habits that have built up over years. That's hard to do.

Yes, I agree, fad diets are stupid - you shouldn't do an extreme diet change unless there's a medical necessity to it. But while you're wanting people to be healthy and not get frustrated or turned off with dieting, you should consider your tone. Nobody wants to be made to feel stupid, and telling people who are struggling with weight loss that it's a simple process is pretty insulting.
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    WisiPls is right, weight loss is a simple matter IF you are a relatively young, healthy person.

But many people on this site are overweight due to other health or emotional issues, and those issues, be it physical or psychological, can wreak havoc on our diets and our lives.

After I had two kids and hit 30, my metabolism tanked - I'm having to learn how to eat differently and more responsibly.

Some of us just don't know HOW to eat, and many of us are trying to break bad eating habits that have built up over years. That's hard to do.

Yes, I agree, fad diets are stupid - you shouldn't do an extreme diet change unless there's a medical necessity to it. But while you're wanting people to be healthy and not get frustrated or turned off with dieting, you should consider your tone. Nobody wants to be made to feel stupid, and telling people who are struggling with weight loss that it's a simple process is pretty insulting.

Once again I'm not trying to put down how hard dieting is, believe me I know I used to be fat. But the actual process IS simple, and once you understand that you can use it to your advantage. Also if you're having actual problems with your metabolism you can try a thing called reverse dieting to get everything back in order. A lot of bodybuilders use it after shows since they have to get to starvation levels of calories to compete. I'd be happy to explain if anyone is interested.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options

Once again I'm not trying to put down how hard dieting is, believe me I know I used to be fat. But the actual process IS simple, and once you understand that you can use it to your advantage. Also if you're having actual problems with your metabolism you can try a thing called reverse dieting to get everything back in order. A lot of bodybuilders use it after shows since they have to get to starvation levels of calories to compete. I'd be happy to explain if anyone is interested.

1056.gif