You guys really like to over complicate things.

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.

Well..seeing as we know nothing about what you are actually eating or doing.....

I suggest starting a thread containing info on your calorie goals, exercise routine, and any medical conditions would be best. Having an open diary and letting people know how you are measuring your food helps too.
    But the OP suggests none of that matters. just eating under maintenance matters...

And you suggest what, consulting a wizard?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In, late, for all the special snow flakes that are outside the laws of thermodynamics.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    o.o
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    If it's that simple, why have I only lost 10 pounds since February when I'm eating 500-800 calories less than my burn everyday?

Seriously, I'd really like to know why I'm not losing the weight. This is very frustrating.

Well..seeing as we know nothing about what you are actually eating or doing.....

I suggest starting a thread containing info on your calorie goals, exercise routine, and any medical conditions would be best. Having an open diary and letting people know how you are measuring your food helps too.
    But the OP suggests none of that matters. just eating under maintenance matters...

it just so happens that I am a wizard, ask away
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

BroFistWizard_zps44c5ed68.jpg
  • jewel22887
    Options
    Simple does not equal easy... but it means that it can be done.

I am a special snowflake hypothyroidism, endometriosis, a heart condition, non alocholic fatty liver disease.... still a matter of calories in vs calories out :) Though getting my hormones right does make it a lot easier.

Op may have come across a little arrogant but his principle is right.
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    for those who were promised cats
    mWY3zrC.gif
    w9m1ybg.gif

courtesy of Wisi ^
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6wx9z9u2X1qkmww7o1_400.gif
    tumblr_mefseoabTK1qdlh1io1_400.gif
    63318-scared-cat-jumping-gif-2cvB.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    T1wG2x9.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    slow-motion-cat-action.gif
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    slow-motion-cat-action.gif

I cant stop starring at it O_O
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    amazing-gifs-pt4-cat-hug.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    h4D34DC4A
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    FbR4dZw.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    63318-scared-cat-jumps-gif-n1Qw.gif
    192.gif.pagespeed.ce.HwO6HoSHHv.gif
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Smoking - You will not gain weight if you quit smoking unless you binge eat after quitting, that's all there is to it.

Actually heavy smokers have a higher BMR to deal with all the toxins they inhale. Additionally, smoking acts as a appetite suppressant, without it people eat more than they normally would because they lost that habitual suppressant. And their taste buds are actually improved because they are no longer dulled by the smoke, food tastes better.

I am not pro smoking, it's harmful and ruins lives, just saying that there are additional battles for those with addictions (Food, tobacco, whatever). Be aware before you make sweeping declarations.

I am all for not over complicating things, but lets use some science too. It's better than misinformation.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Strange_cat.gif
    1z5uefd.jpg.gif
  • Otterluv
    Options
    yks6Yjp.gif

Somehow, this one seems appropriate as well:
    tSTkMTM.gif
  • WhoHa42
    Options
    Back to the topic at hand

I have found that a steady diet of kittens fits my macros very well
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Back to the topic at hand

I have found that a steady diet of kittens fits my macros very well

^^ plus, dealing with the fluff makes it a zero calorie food.