Labor Day Mini Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Weekly Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    ACCOMPLISHED !!! My first time accomplishing this goal for the mini challenge period! I did have some extra snacks and nighttime treats but I'm proud to say they all fit within my calorie targets, even had a frosted cinnamon roll after taking my grandmother out one afternoon... gotta have treats with g-ma :) just adjusted it into my daily target. There was only one night I went over by about 75 cals but not much

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Did a Cycle/Flow class yesterday and tried PiYo this week, very fun! A couple short walks as well

3. 5-6 minute ab/core routine every other day -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

4. Weigh in and post -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here!

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Even had a resistance moment one morning before work... really wanted to stop but I drove right by the coffee shop

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    8/1: 148.8
    8/8: 148.9
    CW 8/15: 148.0
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/5:

It's really nice to see a decrease from last week, and still holding under 150 which is my Labor Day Goal even though it was TOM this week. I started using "Happy Scale" after reading some other member posts about it and trying to see how weighing daily goes to take an average instead of trying to capture a weekly weight once. So far so good, not getting obsessed with the scale and it's interesting to see those fluctuations and get a better idea of an average trend.

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150 for more than 3 weeks in a row, I've been on the yo-yo)
    GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!

You're crushing those goals! Awesome!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    swonn wrote: »
    Scale weight up this week—195.4 to 197. I attribute that to muscles needing repair after those tough rides. I’m taking a much needed fun day at King’s Island today. The last weekday they’re open for the season.

You are smart to listen to your body and take a rest. Have fun at Kings Island!
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve back in Dec., I have lost 98 pounds so far. I exercise every day and walk my pup when I can (she enjoys her walks).

Starting weight-244
    Surgery weight-227
    Current weight-146
    First goal weight-144
    Final goal-106
    5'1 1/2"
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -184.6
    8/23 -
    8/30

OK, well, at least I'm heading in the right direction this week, LOL - I've hit my step counts on most days, failed at hitting hot yoga more often than not, but I'm feeling good. My jeans that were too tight are feeling better and I may even have to replace some of my old size 12 stretchy jeans with a smaller size because I was able to hang out during the whole Norah Jones concert with my purselet thing STUFFED IN THEN WAISTBAND OF MY JEANS... I really struggle with knowing what size I am because A) women's clothing manufacturer's are asshats and don't follow strict sizing parameters B) Even if they did, I have size dysmorphia and don't see what's really there because I can be the same size and same outfit and one day feel like I'm awesome and super thin, and another day feel like I'm a fat cow and the only thing that will fix that is therapy or some kind of antipsychotic medications C) Sizes don't mean what they used to. I'm pretty comfortably a 12 right now... and I was a 12 30 years ago when I weighed like 40 pounds less than I do now and was by FAR in better shape.
  • AKTipsyCat
    Options
    Also, interesting that emoji wasn't supposed to be there... it was my B )
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I had 3 calories left last night. So tempting to stop logging instead of stop eating!
    Things are going well. My hip seems to be slowly getting stronger but the PT has it feeling worn out most days. So tiresome.
    But I do seem to be losing weight so that will help.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AKTipsyCat wrote: »
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -184.6
    8/23 -
    8/30

OK, well, at least I'm heading in the right direction this week, LOL - I've hit my step counts on most days, failed at hitting hot yoga more often than not, but I'm feeling good. My jeans that were too tight are feeling better and I may even have to replace some of my old size 12 stretchy jeans with a smaller size because I was able to hang out during the whole Norah Jones concert with my purselet thing STUFFED IN THEN WAISTBAND OF MY JEANS... I really struggle with knowing what size I am because A) women's clothing manufacturer's are asshats and don't follow strict sizing parameters B) Even if they did, I have size dysmorphia and don't see what's really there because I can be the same size and same outfit and one day feel like I'm awesome and super thin, and another day feel like I'm a fat cow and the only thing that will fix that is therapy or some kind of antipsychotic medications C) Sizes don't mean what they used to. I'm pretty comfortably a 12 right now... and I was a 12 30 years ago when I weighed like 40 pounds less than I do now and was by FAR in better shape.

Yay!

We have similar stats, and I'm a size 12/10 (L/M) depending on the designer/manufacturer. So I'm right with you on the size dysmorphia! Maybe we get a group rate for therapy! 🤣
  • outdoorrecrocks
    outdoorrecrocks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Is it too late to join your challenge? I'm looking for some accountability and folks who are active to check in with!
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Love reading everyone’s stories or their journey! Ok, I was just looking for a group for more motivation. Short term for me because I’m late here but 2 weeks seems good as I need a jumpstart again! I started 1/5 and have been at a standstill since 7/7.

SW 247
    CW 172
    FGW 140
    Labor Day GW 167
  • SuzOh
    Options
    Hey there. Is it too late to join your challenge? I'm looking for some accountability and folks who are active to check in with!

Welcome to the challenge! Tell us your stats and goals for the next 2 weeks.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    squirley13 wrote: »
    Love reading everyone’s stories or their journey! Ok, I was just looking for a group for more motivation. Short term for me because I’m late here but 2 weeks seems good as I need a jumpstart again! I started 1/5 and have been at a standstill since 7/7.

SW 247
    CW 172
    FGW 140
    Labor Day GW 167

Welcome to the challenge! Wow, you've really done well with your weight loss! What have you done to achieve such great results?
  • outdoorrecrocks
    outdoorrecrocks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay.

SW: 170
    CW: 165
    FGW: 145
    Labor Day Goal: Maintain my exercise schedule and eat whole foods at every meal. And drop to 163?

I moved, am renovating my house, and am starting a new job, so all my habits have gone haywire (especially for the 6 weeks I had no kitchen!). I keep prioritizing other activities or people. So my goal for these two weeks is to refocus on me, making sure I do my workouts each day and making sure I eat what feels good to me as opposed to what's convenient.

Thanks for the support y'all!
  • SuzOh
    edited August 2019
    Options
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -184.6
    8/23 -
    8/30

Thought of you this weekend when I bought shorts, a pair from H&M size 10 😁, and pair from The Limited size 14 😳

I found this article about vanity sizing. Interesting.

https://lifehacker-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/lifehacker.com/this-chart-shows-which-clothing-brands-run-too-big-or-s-1668791215/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQEKAFwAQ==#aoh=15661768255935&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://lifehacker.com/this-chart-shows-which-clothing-brands-run-too-big-or-s-1668791215
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I decided to do the "weigh-in" every day for a week thing. I'm on day 2 and I hate it already. 😑 I will stick it out to see what my average weight is for the week, but doubt this is going to be something I continue to do.

Anyone else doing this?
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I weigh everyday when I’m focused so I started a couple days ago and already lost over a pound. You asked what I have been doing and I will tell you 😊 I have been trying hard to lose weight for over 6 years here on MyFitnessPal and all last year I did nothing but cry that I have worked at nutrition and exercise so hard to only gain 50 pounds while yo-yoing maybe 10 pounds throughout those 6 years!!! 😭 I’m serious when say cry...like every night when I saw that stupid prediction of what I will weigh but never saw it come to fruition!!! 😡 So I finally listened to my doctor who told me the year before to do Keto and Intermittent fasting 😀 I really wished I listened sooner but all my college and previous higher education brainwashing prevented me from learning the new research and studies of empirical and scientific data! Oh, I should mention that in January I stopped working out as much like 5 times less and started eating 3 times more fat and 5-6 times less carbs! I was working out more than 20 hours a week and cut back to less than 4. That is why I was crying everyday!! BTW I will add a couple hours of exercise more a week til Labor Day.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    squirley13 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday when I’m focused so I started a couple days ago and already lost over a pound. You asked what I have been doing and I will tell you 😊 I have been trying hard to lose weight for over 6 years here on MyFitnessPal and all last year I did nothing but cry that I have worked at nutrition and exercise so hard to only gain 50 pounds while yo-yoing maybe 10 pounds throughout those 6 years!!! 😭 I’m serious when say cry...like every night when I saw that stupid prediction of what I will weigh but never saw it come to fruition!!! 😡 So I finally listened to my doctor who told me the year before to do Keto and Intermittent fasting 😀 I really wished I listened sooner but all my college and previous higher education brainwashing prevented me from learning the new research and studies of empirical and scientific data! Oh, I should mention that in January I stopped working out as much like 5 times less and started eating 3 times more fat and 5-6 times less carbs! I was working out more than 20 hours a week and cut back to less than 4. That is why I was crying everyday!! BTW I will add a couple hours of exercise more a week til Labor Day.

Thank you for sharing! I'm happy to hear you've found something that works for you, because that is the key.
  • AKTipsyCat
    Options
    SuzOh wrote: »
    I decided to do the "weigh-in" every day for a week thing. I'm on day 2 and I hate it already. 😑 I will stick it out to see what my average weight is for the week, but doubt this is going to be something I continue to do.

Anyone else doing this?

I weigh everyday to keep myself accountable. Some days it makes me want to murder someone - other days like this morning it makes my day... LOL. But it really does show me how I eat, move and drink affects me on the daily. Also, if I calculate my deficit for the week (because yes, I graph it, I'm an obsessive nerd apparently) it's usually just about spot on with the weight I've lost (or haven't, lol)

If I do hot yoga and hit my steps for the day and don't go crazy with boozy calories (anything more than one actually, lol) I will consistently lose weight. It drives me nuts that for months I've been seeing what works and what doesn't... and I still do what DOESN'T work more often than I care to admit.

So, I've decided I'm doing the 30 day Yoga challenge for September, and making it a no-booze month. It helps that most of my sessions are 90 minutes and in the evening, my usual prime time for over-indulging because I've had a "hard" day and "deserve" it.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    SuzOh wrote: »

Anyone else doing this?

I weigh everyday to keep myself accountable. Some days it makes me want to murder someone - other days like this morning it makes my day... LOL. But it really does show me how I eat, move and drink affects me on the daily. Also, if I calculate my deficit for the week (because yes, I graph it, I'm an obsessive nerd apparently) it's usually just about spot on with the weight I've lost (or haven't, lol)

If I do hot yoga and hit my steps for the day and don't go crazy with boozy calories (anything more than one actually, lol) I will consistently lose weight. It drives me nuts that for months I've been seeing what works and what doesn't... and I still do what DOESN'T work more often than I care to admit.

So, I've decided I'm doing the 30 day Yoga challenge for September, and making it a no-booze month. It helps that most of my sessions are 90 minutes and in the evening, my usual prime time for over-indulging because I've had a "hard" day and "deserve" it.

I totally get the concept and benefits of weighing every day, but it's just something I've done before (obsessively) and it became more negative than positive for me. I actually prefer to weigh no more than once every 2 weeks, but for this challenge I'm doing it weekly and so far the scale is still in one piece, meaning I haven't smashed it or thrown it out of the window yet. But there are 2 weigh-ins left, so it may not survive if keeps "lying" to me. 🤷‍♀️😬 I finally got to a place where I understand that the scale isn't the end all be all, so I don't want to backslide. The mirror and my clothes are much kinder to me anyway. 😉
  • SuzOh
    edited August 2019
    Options
    After dealing with an injury for 2 weeks, now this week I've been sick with a cold/virus. I swear I RARELY get sick and haven't had an injury for a long time, but when I'm in a 5 week weight loss/fitness challenge they both decide to visit. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Just a little frustrated, but 1 more week, looking to finish strong.

*And I'm awake at O'dark thirty posting because this cold/virus wakes me up every couple of hours.

Happy Thursday! Positive vibes for a fresh start no matter what happened yesterday!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I weighed in early this week because tomorrow is my long bicycle ride. My weight is back to 195.4. So far I’ve ridden 72 miles on my longest day. I had an NSV this week as well as weight loss. I am able to fit into a pair of jeans that at the beginning of the summer wouldn’t even go over mid thigh. I wore them all day yesterday comfortably!