Labor Day Mini Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Three weeks until Labor Day! How is everyone doing? I'm on track, have four pounds to go. But I'm getting tired of my restrictive diet. Might have to take a maintenance break after this. Or find some new food to rotate into my diet.
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Three weeks until Labor Day! How is everyone doing? I'm on track, have four pounds to go. But I'm getting tired of my restrictive diet. Might have to take a maintenance break after this. Or find some new food to rotate into my diet.

Great job! It will be nice for you to take a break. I'm going to push myself to keep going towards my birthday goal in late September.

After a disappointing 1st week loss and a rough 2nd week with an injury and a gain, I'm refocusing and working on staying at or slightly below/above my 1300 daily calorie goal. I actually have an arm sling to keep my shoulder/arm from extending while it heals (it's getting better). In the meantime I'm back to low impact walking only, in the morning and after dinner. Ready to finish the last half of the challenge strong! I'm doing my final weigh-in on Aug 30 before I leave for my Labor Day trip, so a few dsys shy of 3 weeks left for me.

Happy Monday! Let's do this!
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My week is going great!! Achieving my snacking control goal so far and just tried a PiYo class. I'm super sore and it was really fun!
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30

Bad week for me last week. TOM and a general sense of I just want to eat and not move. I’m back down a bit this morning, so I think some of the sharp uptick was enlist, but I really need to focus and double down on keeping it simple, keeping me moving, and controlling the empty boozy calories.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ^^Don’t stress over TOM, it’s always a tough time

Early NSV: I was able to fit into a pair of shorts I couldn’t even get past my hips in early June. Not only did I get them on but they buttoned too. Baby steps.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AKTipsyCat wrote: »
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -
    8/23 -
    8/30

Bad week for me last week. TOM and a general sense of I just want to eat and not move. I’m back down a bit this morning, so I think some of the sharp uptick was enlist, but I really need to focus and double down on keeping it simple, keeping me moving, and controlling the empty boozy calories.

I'm right there with you, TOM hit me like a ton of bricks right before my weigh-in. I don't know about you but the hunger hits me soooo hard.

"Boozy calories", haha!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SW: 263
    Challenge start: 7/25
    CSW: 243.6
    CW: 237.7
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)
    Challenge weight change: -5.9

over halfway there! 4.7 lbs in 2.5 weeks is probably doable, but I'd be happy with less.

I'm doing pretty well overall, both with sticking to intake goals (<1800) and movement (biking 10-15 miles a day + walking). I'm thinking of easing up a little after Labor Day, which is also when I go back to teaching. perhaps sticking to 2000-2200 cals, which is still under my tdee, but less extreme.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    amkita wrote: »
    SW: 263
    Challenge start: 7/25
    CSW: 243.6
    CW: 237.7
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)
    Challenge weight change: -5.9

over halfway there! 4.7 lbs in 2.5 weeks is probably doable, but I'd be happy with less.

I'm doing pretty well overall, both with sticking to intake goals (<1800) and movement (biking 10-15 miles a day + walking). I'm thinking of easing up a little after Labor Day, which is also when I go back to teaching. perhaps sticking to 2000-2200 cals, which is still under my tdee, but less extreme.

You're killin it!
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight 276
    Challenge starting weight 259
    Challenge goal 249 (by Aug 24th)

July 25 - 259
    August 1 - 256
    August 8 - 255
    August 15 - 254

Doesn't look like I'll hit my mini challenge goal, but I am back in the habit of tracking calories (all of them) and the scale has started moving in the right direction again :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a slow loss, except it takes patience. You are doing great!
  • lorimill1973
    lorimill1973 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SW (6/1/19): 228
    CW: 204.5
    Labor Day GW: onederland
    GW: 175 then re-evaluate

Update:

8/1: 204.5
    8/8: 204 (-0.5)
    8/15: 204
    8/22:
    8/29:

Additional goal for Labor Day: Complete the None to Run program (currently on week 9 out of 12)
    8/8: completed week 9
    8/15: completed week 10

Frustrated at the 3 week lack of scale movement despite staying within my allotted calories. When I previously lost weight (which I regained), I hit a plateau at this weight also. It's like my body is fighting onederland. Originally, my goal was onederland by my husband's birthday (10/10), but since the weight was dropping easily and I saw this challenge, it seemed totally reasonable for a 4 lb loss in a month. Now, I'm not so sure. Will keep plugging away and hope that my body will just let go of whatever it is that it's holding on to!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    pdo27789 wrote: »
    Original starting weight 276
    Challenge starting weight 259
    Challenge goal 249 (by Aug 24th)

July 25 - 259
    August 1 - 256
    August 8 - 255
    August 15 - 254

Doesn't look like I'll hit my mini challenge goal, but I am back in the habit of tracking calories (all of them) and the scale has started moving in the right direction again :)

5 lbs is a nice loss in a few weeks! 1 - 2 lbs a week is healthy loss, so you're doing great! It's pretty clear now that I won't make my Labor Day weight loss goal, but that's ok. I'm focusing on learning what is working and what isn't, and adjusting to the life challenges that happen along the way (injury, etc).

Congrats on the loss and getting back to tracking, those are both wins!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    SW (6/1/19): 228
    CW: 204.5
    Labor Day GW: onederland
    GW: 175 then re-evaluate

Update:

8/1: 204.5
    8/8: 204 (-0.5)
    8/15: 204
    8/22:
    8/29:

Additional goal for Labor Day: Complete the None to Run program (currently on week 9 out of 12)
    8/8: completed week 9
    8/15: completed week 10

Frustrated at the 3 week lack of scale movement despite staying within my allotted calories. When I previously lost weight (which I regained), I hit a plateau at this weight also. It's like my body is fighting onederland. Originally, my goal was onederland by my husband's birthday (10/10), but since the weight was dropping easily and I saw this challenge, it seemed totally reasonable for a 4 lb loss in a month. Now, I'm not so sure. Will keep plugging away and hope that my body will just let go of whatever it is that it's holding on to!

The scale can be so moody! Onederland is just around the corner and totally reachable by Labor Day! Cheering you on!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Scale weight up this week—195.4 to 197. I attribute that to muscles needing repair after those tough rides. I’m taking a much needed fun day at King’s Island today. The last weekday they’re open for the season.
  • RachelAnnSaldana
    RachelAnnSaldana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I’m new here and have no supporters to motivate me. I definitely need to lose 10 pounds! Anyone feel free to add me to your friends.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Here's my weekly weigh-in:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 - 167.8
    8/16 - 162.5
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

I've dropped quite a bit. Normally I would be happy but it is because I'm so depressed and not eating. I'm having a tough time dealing with my Mom's death. Some days are good, others not so much. I'm sorry I haven't been around this week. Hopefully I can get back with it next week.
  • SuzOh
    Options
    7/26 - 187.2
    8/2 - 187
    8/9 - 188.6
    8/16 - 187.2
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

Challenge loss: 0

Welp...back to where I started. Just gonna keep pushing forward.

Happy Friday
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weekly Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    ACCOMPLISHED !!! My first time accomplishing this goal for the mini challenge period! I did have some extra snacks and nighttime treats but I'm proud to say they all fit within my calorie targets, even had a frosted cinnamon roll after taking my grandmother out one afternoon... gotta have treats with g-ma :) just adjusted it into my daily target. There was only one night I went over by about 75 cals but not much

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Did a Cycle/Flow class yesterday and tried PiYo this week, very fun! A couple short walks as well

3. 5-6 minute ab/core routine every other day -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

4. Weigh in and post -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here!

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    ACCOMPLISHED! Even had a resistance moment one morning before work... really wanted to stop but I drove right by the coffee shop

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    8/1: 148.8
    8/8: 148.9
    CW 8/15: 148.0
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/5:

It's really nice to see a decrease from last week, and still holding under 150 which is my Labor Day Goal even though it was TOM this week. I started using "Happy Scale" after reading some other member posts about it and trying to see how weighing daily goes to take an average instead of trying to capture a weekly weight once. So far so good, not getting obsessed with the scale and it's interesting to see those fluctuations and get a better idea of an average trend.

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150 for more than 3 weeks in a row, I've been on the yo-yo)
    GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!
  • SuzOh
    Options
    I would like to join. I’m new here and have no supporters to motivate me. I definitely need to lose 10 pounds! Anyone feel free to add me to your friends.

Welcome to the Labor Day challenge, we have 2 weeks left. Would you like to share your stats and goals for the next to weeks?
  • SuzOh
    Options
    AquaFan wrote: »
    Here's my weekly weigh-in:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 - 167.8
    8/16 - 162.5
    8/23 -
    8/30 -

I've dropped quite a bit. Normally I would be happy but it is because I'm so depressed and not eating. I'm having a tough time dealing with my Mom's death. Some days are good, others not so much. I'm sorry I haven't been around this week. Hopefully I can get back with it next week.

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. I wish you comfort as you grieve this devastating loss. 💜