WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    jlasguzx8fvo.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,188 Member
    Rori and Meg - Absolutely LOVE the photo. The only person I have met IRL is Penny at the North Pole. :o:D

Tracey - I think happiness is a combination of circumstances and temperament. I spent so much of my life with severe depression and railing against my circumstances that it feels odd to me to feel happy. I'm always waiting for the sword to drop on me. Studies have shown that, in general, you do get happier as you get older. I certainly have more equanimity.
    The main circumstances are relationships, security, health and location. Currently all these are great, but all that can change in the blink of an eye. I count my blessings all the time and don't take any of it for granted.
    I love where I live and it was the best decision to move here. I can't think of anywhere I would rather live.

A TV licence is a yearly fee, set by the BBC and the government, which enables you to use a tv, or online BBC content. Everyone who has a tv has to pay it. We pay ours by monthly DD. We have an aerial to receive the content, so no cable fees. I record programmes on a Freeview box. My son has Sky, Netflix etc, but we manage very well without all that. I don't like high monthly outgoings. We live on a very modest pension income.
    I am always amazed by how much you spend on media packages in the US. Of course we do have phone and Internet basic charges for browsing.

I hope to run this afternoon. Weather permitting. It is quite chilly here this week and showery.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Karen - best wishes for the prep and the outcomes (so to speak) :sweat_smile:

KJ - It's the getting going that's the hard part for me... I actually woke up this morning with the cheery thought "it's cardio day!" as I genuinely do love that part of exercising. Again, once I get going. I'm just a big, fat dreader, and I always will be. :neutral: Sounds like Trentin's absence is a mixed blessing, sorry you're not going to get paid what's owed, but glad you'll have your weekends/evenings back.

Rebecca
    - Athena looks like a happy, sweet girl.

Back from the gym, now to the showers!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    Nnn
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    757789hyk4x7egbk.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    There are 120 people in my class (it's a small class this semester).

Guess how many showed up to today's lecture!!!

Bonus question: Guess what the two most popular last names are. :grin:
    (I looked when I was checking how many people are in the class and noticed that there are two common names tied with 4 people each ... well, one is very common and one is slightly less so.)

M in Oz

OK, two of you have guessed half or no more than half, and you're right. Less than half. So now you all have got only 59 numbers to choose from!! :grin:

And I was there to count and can confirm there were more than 1.

Barbie and Kelly, you're heading the right direction with the names ... definitely not Australian! Or perhaps it's the new Australia. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,188 Member
    edited August 2019
    Been for my run. No fainting fit, though I always feel a light headed when I stop. I'm fine when I'm shuffling along! I took some mints with me, just in case.
    I wore my new leggings which are really wonderful . They have pockets both sides and on the waist, really soft and very comfortable. OCCFFY. I got them from Amazon.

Kim - You are a STRONG woman! I don't know how you do it! I hope you got well paid for your efforts. <3

Rebecca - Athena Rose just gets more and more gorgeous. I bet you can't wait to see her again. :)

Our supermarket delivery is free if you order a certain, quite low, amount. I just make it up with non perishables. You can never have enough toilet roll! I've never heard of "can't be bothered to find non gluten!" :noway: Plus they have all the basic ranges with lots of good offers. Always receive stuff in good date and if it is near date they give it to you free. If they substitute you can give it back to the driver or request no substitution. Whatever happened to the much vaunted US customer service??

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2019
    Rori: It is wonderful that you were able to connect with Meg. You both look fabulous and happy. :bigsmile:

Rebecca: Your son’s “scooter” looks like a real motorcycle to my untrained eyes. Beautiful work! :flowerforyou:

Machka: Guessing last names, Smith and Jones. :wink:

Allie: Sorry that your plant fell and the pot broke. Let us know what you decide to do. :star:

KJ: Thanks for your good wishes for DH. He’s scheduled to have a consultation with the surgeon and then they’ll set a date. I am hopeful that he will be feeling better before too long. :flowerforyou:

Beth: Your story about your DH’s back problem gives me hope. I am glad he’s doing so much better. I hope my DH will do as well as yours has done. :star:

I had trouble sleeping last night so I sat down at my computer and cleared out my gmail messages. I am somewhat embarrassed at the number of messages I had missed. Now I have a relatively blank slate. Yay!!! Yoga this morning at 8 am, an hour from now. I am dressed and ready to go. I have time for breakfast with DH.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Our supermarket delivery is free if you order a certain, quite low, amount. I just make it up with non perishables. You can never have enough toilet roll! I've never heard of "can't be bothered to find non gluten!" :noway: Plus they have all the basic ranges with lots of good offers. Always receive stuff in good date and if it is near date they give it to you free. If they substitute you can give it back to the driver or request no substitution. Whatever happened to the much vaunted US customer service??

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Ours is like that too. They'll email me to tell me if something is not in stock and their policy is that if they substitute for something more expensive, they pay the difference ... they don't raise the price. At a point in the ordering process I can go through and make notes. For example, there's one yogurt I only like the lemon flavour in, so I've made a note that if the lemon is not available, refund us rather than substitute ... and that's what they've done. I could also make notes about the level of ripeness of the bananas and all sorts.

Once a bottle of laundry stain spray ruptured in transit ... the driver offered to take the whole bag back and refund us, but we kept the other one or two items in that bag and he just took the spray. The next day I got an email about a refund.

They're really good. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Machka ~ You have mentioned that many of the students are Asian so I would guess that the common names are from an Asian language.

Carol in GA

Yep ... you're definitely on the right track! :)

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    rori and meg so good to see your smiling faces together! I’m a little jealous :p

Had a horrible nights sleep, the start of school scaries we’re keeping me up. Isn’t it funny, but I always get this way before a new school year and this one Is No different!

Kelly and Kim your posts always amaze and inspire me to be a harder worker!

DH has to have knees and shoulders looked at and mris scheduled. Knee replacement may be in his future, he really wants to be able to play soccer until they cart him away!

Hot, humid and stormy day ahead for me, will make the most of it. Gym time and fridge cleanup today!

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka Wang and Li. 22 students including you.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Finally the Autism study is complete. It shows the causes as 0% from immunization,0% from what mom does during pregnancy 🤰 no matter what or birthing, 20% environmental, 80% 🧬 genetics. (Makes sense Asbestos was in the fake snow they used to sprinkle around the house,lead paints,crop dusting no one knew to go inside same with pesticides spraying trucks,etc etc)
    Carol GA- This will make you surprised y chuckle ,I have Asian relatives Chinese,Vietnamese,y Filipino there names sound Hispanic,Caucasian,or Asian. My Cousin Richard for example is Filipino his Mom is Ola Maria. My one great Aunt is Ling ling a traditional name. I find it interesting how with internet to our countries being easier to access the names are evolving to be in every culture y race now.It’s beautiful to see.That how wars to conquering has introduced language to names have stayed in the culture like a fingerprint in time.

Rebecca- Your son could make a lot of money customizing bikes he designs himself they cost more than the store bought ones! The baby such a cutie!

Michele NC- I used shopping app I loved it then JR needed such specific things knowing Hubby doing shopping not me I went from a simple list to writing ✍️ a book 📖 for each trip lol...no flavored toothpaste or gels must be plain Colgate white paste!!! Or JR will not use it no substitutes!!! That’s what my list reads now lol. G Hughes hickory bbq sauce only 10cal do not substitute!!! Enough for me too not just you Skinless chicken 110cal if possible no sodium or .........,.... swear I still don’t get what I ask for sometimes. Lol I need a Hubby shopping app designed with extra space for long notes 📝.

Lisa AR- Glad the VA could help! Next trip to the VA they do sell cases of ensure anyone can buy it have to ask the cashier for it in the downstairs gift shop we stored it in the back because it takes up too much space out in front.It’s a great price used to buy it for family with cancer to eating issues. Diabetic men’s socks 🧦 (Women wear too) are as low as $2! Beats out Walmart even I get Dads there.

Heather UK- Yeah life sucks but I had the opposite realization I’m stubborn refused to let abusers to the world win. I feel if I stopped being happy or laughing then they won.So I enjoy life every time I’m over flowingly happy it’s a Bleep you to anyone who tried to tear me down! My kids Godmother well she chose depression route but now she’s starting to see it my way.
    If lightheaded from abrupt stops while jogging maybe start to slowly slow down like a plane ✈️ coming in for a landing goes from fast to medium to slow to coasting then gently comes to a rest.Sounds like your heart rate too high a sudden stops like when you go from sitting to standing too fast.Increase your fluids y eat a sweet (can even carry a bag of fruit in your pocket with a piece of candy 🍬 for after the jog. Try it if still have issues I’d make a Doctor appointment.
    USA 🇺🇸 has gone downhill on service 10 folds! Even healthcares in the drain. I had JR couldn’t see my provider because they weren’t covered after baby y surgery! They are no longer allowed to take cash if covered by certain insurance. Which is silly. Other doctors don’t want to touch someone else work.
    USA 🇺🇸- Some stores not all have it where you can preorder groceries then pick it up in store later. Shop yourself.Order online certain items only have mailman deliver. Or an app where a stranger shops then drives it to you a 3rd party stranger (Uber like). If lucky 🍀 theirs a farm nearby or farmers market you can go to.

Meal planned today y walking y soccer ⚽️ with JR my backs sore again so being careful not to re-injure it since Peri makes muscles looser more prone to pulls .

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34