WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,789 Member
    HEAT I am so done with the 100’s and up! 90’s I can deal with here due to low humidity. Humidity does make a huge difference in how you feel in the heat. Never believed it until I experienced it! Lol

Telephones haven’t had a land line since 2008! Cell phones only. Changed carriers a lot to find the one that works best in my travels. Had to settle on the expensive Verizon, but works wherever I go. I would go to a cheaper provider if I wasn’t traveling any more.

Coffee I never drank coffee until I had my middle daughter at 26 years old. Back in my childbearing ages I drank coffee all day and could sleep anywhere anytime. Now, 1 big mug in morning is all I do.

Aspergersi really think both my DH and I have this at different levels. To old to bother investigating any further. Lol

RV Rita being called to work!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Janetr - So sorry to hear about your knee. Needs must, I'm afraid. :'(

I drink only one mug of strong coffee a day, around 10 am. However, I have between 5 and 6 mugs of black tea with milk a day. A Brit can't get through the day without large doses of tea. :D I am completely addicted. The first one in the morning really hits the spot :o .It doesn't seem to make any difference to my sleeping. I have the last one around 7 pm. I go to sleep around 11.30.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    fvsalreyol4m.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    edited August 2019
    Machka: That’s a great list of stress relievers. I would add doing craft work and creating art. I do watercolour painting, and often get totally engrossed.
    x1d37i9v806v.jpeg

Love 💖 coleus. You never know what you’re going to get, but they’re always beautiful.

(((Hugs))) and Prayers to those who need them.
  • pipcd34
    xgwctge62noq.jpeg
    u438pm8h1s5i.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Katla- bicci just a term for biscuits.

Landline 📞- Got rid of mine 3 1/2yrs who I’m always terrified that a long cell call or baby playing on it or even too long if Youtube video or pictures will drain the battery we won’t have a way to call out. Daughter reminds me log into your iPad or computer use it! They have apps quick app load y dial out! She gave me a speed charger so one for hubby y one for me in baby room. Chargers all over the house! She also reminds me neighbors have phones! Still watching it worst fear is not being able to get help. She says can post on a forum folks can call for you even from an iPad even JRs baby one. High tech geniuses yet I fear I’ll forget to do it if I’m panicked so charging away!!! Take a charger can plug into an outside outlet even quick dial y run

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Debby VA I understand why you are worried about your daughter. I so hope she can get herself & the children out of the situation safely. It feels terribly inadequate saying that. If I feel this helpless, I can only imagine how you must feel. So so sorry. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Debby Va- if he hasn’t hurt the kids yet he will eventually. Goes only 4 ways
    1. Son/Daughter become like Daddy hitting mommy y siblings to get his approval
    2. A punching bag like mommy for Daddy’s anger
    3. They get hurt age 6+ when they get in between Daddy yell don’t hit my mommy even possibly punch daddy back (My Daughter did this one) (My child rapist became #1 who was her Bio Dad) (My Mom was #2 for her step dad y dad)
    4.Kills or permanently injuries the child to punish mommy (My Ex coworkers son still can barely walk to this day she’s so scared of men she’s a Lesbian her wife same story for her but her baby didn’t survive so she clings to my ex coworkers kids as her own).

As a parent you think keeping the peace will save them ,but eventually you realize since you can’t save yourself you can’t save your kids. My Daughter called APS number she saw on the school bathroom door (adult protection services) they came looking for me but Daughter then 7yrs old convinced me to go in. They were combing the country side for me while I sat in their office. I kept repeating want my Daughter to be safe forget about me.Daughter kept repeating I’m tough forget about me save my Mom. Then she escaped from them came y found me started protecting me cause I was shaking. They realized she was the strong one I was broken. They came to every hearing for over 3years for me to get freedom. They counseled me helped me prepare my new home for court inspections. They put plans in order to taught me how to conseal my identity in public.Hair cut y temporary color that I changed a lot. Clothing changes to even how to go about things like downloading the online parenting programs for court. They did a lot.They had us go to the doctor to document more.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    3z6iiy3ucgkg.jpeg
    edl4yy48fqlc.jpeg
    gb6xaumqbwro.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    ☘️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    In California for the next week. Enjoying time with my DB and DSIL right now. Headed to great niece's wedding shower tomorrow.

DGD off exploring cave where DSIL works.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA now in CA
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

day 20 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.03min, 13.5amph, 137mhr, 1.58mi= 70c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 52.44min, 13.8amph, 146mhr, 12.16mi= 504c
    apple watch- didn't record
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.05min, 143mhr, 10.19min mi, .49mi= 83c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.14min, 9.38min mi, 147mhr, .49mi 62c
    1apple watch- 58c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.33min, 8.2amph, 146mhr, 2.53mi= 193c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 912
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    Katla- bicci just a term for biscuits.

Landline 📞- Got rid of mine 3 1/2yrs who I’m always terrified that a long cell call or baby playing on it or even too long if Youtube video or pictures will drain the battery we won’t have a way to call out. Daughter reminds me log into your iPad or computer use it! They have apps quick app load y dial out! She gave me a speed charger so one for hubby y one for me in baby room. Chargers all over the house! She also reminds me neighbors have phones! Still watching it worst fear is not being able to get help. She says can post on a forum folks can call for you even from an iPad even JRs baby one. High tech geniuses yet I fear I’ll forget to do it if I’m panicked so charging away!!! Take a charger can plug into an outside outlet even quick dial y run

Amber Tx

I keep mine plugged in most of the time, and when I'm out and about, I have a backup battery pack.

I also have a quick security code so that I don't accidentally open something, and I don't use my phone for videos etc.

So it's rare my battery drops below 50%.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Went to the water class. Vince and Jess left a little after 7 so I had time to make it. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Max Cardio Burn DVD.

Volunteered at the soup kitchen. They had a sausage on a roll with onions and macaroni salad on the side. Cake (again) for dessert. There is this one lady that another volunteer said of her “oh, she’s the mean one”. She asked me to get plates. I had no idea where I was to get them. She said to me “don’t you know what a plate is?” Then she showed me where they were. Some people!

Janetr – congrats! Matthew must be getting so big by now. Sheesh! I remember when he was born! I’m so sorry about your knee So glad to hear about granddaughter’s bf

Kim from North Cal – better get out your long johns!

Debbie in VA – I can understand how you’re feeling towards that SFB (*** for brains)

M – that’s the way I feel about so many calls “if it’s important, they’ll leave a message. And if they don’t want to…oh well, their loss, not mine”

Not a coffee drinker. Had a cup maybe about 4 years ago, it was at a Marriott Hotel so you know it wasn’t an off brand. But to me it was very bitter. That’s probably because I hadn’t had a cup in maybe 4 years before that. Now I don’t even bother with it. But give me my tea…..

Michele in NC