Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning! <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    JR at 1yr old 3/9/2018 My Dad holding him y hubby.
    1nwud9i32qj2.jpeg
    823ninfsntdt.jpeg

Tracey- Most nursing homes unless you tell them diabetic meals only with doctor note 📝 (of course has to be caring ones to inforce it) they use mainly starch foods y sweets.

I’m on Irospan kosher vegetarian iron pills gluten free with folic acid. High vitamin levels. Was on it during pregnancy y now for heavy bleeding Peri (soaking through clothes few or more days a month. Or when my levels drop too low (I have a tendency towards anemia since birth- Don’t be born super prematurely like me) . Vitamin C helps it absorb y I have to take it with a few crackers or a bite of a veggie. I also have another type of vitamin with high iron amount but it’s put up where JR can’t find it he’s my shadow this morning. Both Doctor prescriptions can’t buy mine in store. I find a glass 🥃 of juice for the vitamin C y something small to eat like a few bites of apple or bell pepper or crackers helps I take at lunch time so pick me up mid day seems to stay down better (horse pills 💊).

Banana and oranges- Yes he can be a handful but what boy wasn’t. Lol in one picture we were at a play center he played with a tall 6yr old girl they were the same size lol. Getting him to stand y sit up straight we fight with. He tries to look little he’s already self conscious about it probably all the Doctor to strangers gasping saying He’s 2!!! But he’s soooooo BIG!! Kids catch on quickly especially when you have to get a manager at a restaurant dog for a high chair to fit (Got this portable one so no more issues). At 1yr old he played with his 3rd cousin who’s a month older he was 3xs bigger than her so he gets told be gentle a lot! Now he’s 4xs bigger at 2yrs old she’s in 2T he’s in 6. A lot of locks to stuff moving into the garage as he grows.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    tuu9w14l0xff.jpeg
    7t7cpxo00md1.jpeg
    tgubinc8qn48.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Spring Break! Woo-Hoo!

Of course, it just means I don't have a lecture and tutorial next week. I still work. But I will take a day or two off in there somewhere ... mainly to work on my assignment but perhaps also to get some extra rest.

It also means I'm halfway through another course. I've got 2 assignments and a final exam to go.

The way the assignments have been organised is good ... each builds on the previous one. It gives us a chance to really get into something, not just dabble with this and that.

I've had a couple days with long walks because I've gone to both my lecture and tutorial this week. I suppose that's one way to get some exercise in ... go to class!

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Luci in WNC: I’m not diabetic, but DH has been a type 1 diabetic since he was 18. He has been taking insulin since the local veterinarian told him what was wrong with him back then. He tests his blood sugar several times a day. It is another poke, but he used to it, and it helps keep him healthy. If his sugar is too high, he doesn’t eat. High sugars happen less now than in years past. Lows can be more dangerous. :flowerforyou:

Heather: We love the Great British Bake Off. It has been a staple on our public broadcast system for years. We seem to be getting reruns these days. Perhaps that switch away from BBC is the reason we’re only getting reruns. :ohwell:

Rori: I leave here 10/9 and return 10/15. I’m going to pack in as much grandkids time as possible during that window of time. I wonder whether their school will allow a visit from Grandma. I doubt it. The youngest isn’t in school yet, so I’ll have some quality time with him during school hours and enjoy time with the other two when they get home. :smiley:

Karen in VA: I am so happy that your son was able to get home before the hurricane hit. :star:

Connie in KY: I am happy to hear that your mom’s cancer hasn’t metastasized. Good news! Chemo and then surgery sounds like a wise plan. :flowerforyou:

We will be getting our car back from the VW dealer today. I hope all is well with it now. We’ve paid a load of money already for repair and they did a lousy job last time. It irks me that we have to pay again to get it done right.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    back home again from running errands.changed the nail polish and they fixed a broken nail.. figured out my online banking bought a couple more pair of pants, will find a few shirts up in N.H. no sales tax..
    DGD school is in Hartford, which the capitol of our state- Connecticut.. it is a very diversifed school, alot of minorities ,but that doesn't matter it is a magnet school and they teach differently than public schools, my daughter was telling me today the kids are taken into different classrooms and the teachers,say art, hip hop, orchestra,dancing and the teachers try and sell there class to the students, the students have to pick 3 and they are in it for a semester,,, and it rotates like that... why and goodness name didn't they have something like that when we were in school.. it gets the kids excited about learning.. Taliah is the first on the bus in the morning and then they go to 2 other towns then up to hartford, and on the way back she is the last drop off.. she will get used to the ride and she is very social.. so it will be ok.. it is also a small but not the huge school buses ,but the school is big.she will meet alot of new friends. cant wait to hear about her first day..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Gothchic - welcome to the best support group out there!

Diabetes Who on here is also suffering diabetes? Just curious how people are controlling their blood sugar...

Luci in WNC

I dropped my A1C by following LCHF. Prior to this year, I was following the same diet at JR. Once I lost 50 pounds, I am no longer even prediabetic at an A1C of 5.2. Was at 6.9 in January this year.

(LCHF is a form of KETO, just not as strict).

RV Rita pg 88 done

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Went to the water aerobics class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an advanced strength DVD.

Before exercise stopped at CVS to get Cheerios. After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then Big Lots to see if they have any of Vince’s bread then WalMart to get Vince’s prescription and a few other things. Update: CVS didn’t have the cheerios so I got a raincheck. Got a pair of socks at the Salvation Army to keep in my bowling bag and another basket to take to Denise. Vince doesn’t think we’ll need it so I’ll just redonate it. Checked for his rye bread and they didn’t have any then went to WalMart and got a few groceries and his prescription. Now to go in the pool

Connie – how wonderful for your mom and you

Personally, I really don’t have any interest in sports, but I do like to see the football guys running around the field in their tight pants….lol THAT I don’t mind. But please don’t ask me the difference between defense or offense…I couldn’t tell you.

M – I’m with you, I can’t watch a baking show because I always want to eat. Funny…only baking shows do that to me, not cooking shows

Tracey – that was so nice of your brother to look after your mom like he did. MIL was the same way when she lived alone. One of her neighbors would go food shopping for her and after she passed away the neighbor said to me “she’d eat like a teenager…chips and soda”. So many times they’d find her passed out in her bathroom. It wasn’t until we moved her up by us and into an assisted living facility where she got portion controlled meals that this stopped.

M – you certainly do live in a lovely part of the planet

KJ – thanks for your wise words of wisdom. I was thinking that it might be a good idea for her to sleep in the room with him while he’s taking a nap. But your suggestions are better. Yes, they do have a baby monitor

Jess texted Vince that she’ll be neutering a cat this semester. Well, at least she isn’t dissecting it….lol

Carol – do you have Advantage with Medicare that gives you Silver Sneakers? I’m hoping there’s a supplement other than Advantage that includes Silver Sneakers. If so, that would sure save us a good chunk of change -- $700. Doesn’t the seat of the stationary bike adjust so you can put it closer to the front. All the ones I’ve seen you’ve been able to do this

Vince started his prep for his colonoscopy tomorrow so I’m having a stuffed clam for dinner which he doesn’t like

Michele in NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Temp hit 112 here yesterday. I’m worried about our air conditioner and fridge in the RV. They are 20 years old. Still going strong now, but....

After long wait the 5 min doc visit DH appointment is next Tuesday for surgery. Glad it’s scheduled.

Today only supposed to get to 95 so heat relief. Feels like fall outside this morning at 75 degrees, windy and first cloudy day in a month!

RV Rita

Pa Still KETO strong!

Rita - hope that thermometer drops and stays down. And hope your fridge and A/C are still chugging along! <3

Will your DH be a good patient after his surgery or will you have to resort to extreme measures, lol. Fill in the blank _________. >:)

Changed my dressing today and got my tummy cleaned up. Not bad, lol. Some drainage and wicks of gauze in place. It's only been 2 days so likely typical. Allergic to adhesive that was on the tape they used to stick the drape to my abdomen - firey red and itchy. That is bothering me more than the incision. :( Benedryl cream to the rescue.

Keep cool everyone who is cooking today!! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

• pipcd34
    Options
    nllcdmq3mqjd.jpeg
    7qlkptmeex9x.jpeg
    fg541u2555ps.jpeg
    iaiblgcgq3bd.jpeg
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Terri – welcome! Do you do hand or machine quilting?

Michele in NC

I machine quilt. I wish I had a long arm, but alas, that's just slightly (ok, more than slightly!) out of the budge, as is sending them out. Right now I'm finishing up a king-size quilt for us as well as a flag wall hanging. I have about 10more quilts in the queue to do, one of which I need to get done before we head to Houston, Texas at the end of October. So it definitely keeps me busy!
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »

@LuciBThinner I have a masters from The Ohio State University and one of my daughter’s godfathers has a degree from “that school up North”. We are a house divided. My daughter leans toward OSU. We usually cheer for each other except for that one game each year!

Connie in KY

Ohio born and bred here, and lived there an additional 17 years. So even though I have lived a couple of places in the interim, and currently live in Tucson, I'll be a Buckeye forever! :)

Teri in AZ
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well checked JRs extra car seat in the garage (It’s Incase family visits or hubby needs to put it in his work truck take JR with him) limit is up to 40lbs y 43” Oh oh we’re over I didn’t notice. Good thing we haven’t gone anywhere!!! Going to talk to hubby when he gets home may have to install next 2 car seats. Hospital measures him when we need to.I got measuring gear here.Got to figure this out make sure I’m not reading the small print wrong. Hubby will get the magnifying glass out y me the booklet go over it. Has size for rear y forward facing need to make sure I checked the correct one! Weight JR regularly Incase he goes to 41lbs+. What a mess hopefully if we have to switch the ones for ages 6-12 fit his spill guard since he gets car sick easily.
    Can’t keep up!
    Amber Tx
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day -

"Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day on August 28th sets aside a day to remember the pet companions we’ve lost. The death of a pet, whether furry, feathered, or an uncommon variety, is felt deeply. They become family and a familiar part of our lives. Mourning their death is different for everyone, and the observance provides a way to help heal the ache of loss. ... Celebrate the home you provided and the joy your beloved pet brought you in return. When you are ready, you will know the time has arrived to find a new ‘critter’ to replace the emptiness felt."

Lanette - Very glad you'll be able to visit the grandchildren.

Karen - Ooh, yes, your son cut it close! What a relief it must be to hear that he's on his way home.

Connie - What wonderful news from your mom's scans!

I have a lot of loved ones waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, but my goodness, the joy they brought me. When I go to bed I try to count my blessings until I go to sleep, and - no offense to my beloved husband - the animals always end up at the top of the list!

-Yvonne in TX