WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Another minor triumph was that I attained my goal of running 1000 miles between July 1st and June 30th. Yay me!

Penny

Congratulations! And nice to hear from you again. :)

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yeah Penny! :drinker: :D<3

DH has been getting anxious about a birthday present for my 70th, so I decided to get serious about what I want. It was either a new phone, or a new tablet. I know it's a strange present for a technophobe and I'm already getting collywobbles, but I've decided the tablet is the more urgent as I'm almost out of memory despite daily cleaning cache and having nearly all my photos on a card. The new one will have twice the memory and a lovely deep pink case. :D My current tablet is rarely out of my hands. I use it for everything, except the dratted Word.
    I've sent him the link, but it might be better if I get it as I've got Prime. He can transfer me the money. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    what a difference in riding my winter bike, i feel so much slower... bike in the shop getting tuned up for the upcoming ride
    also need to change the battery on my heart rate monitor
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    decolander Welcome!

Heather I played violin in various symphony orchestras, played back up at many concerts in Michigan and Florida, and for plays and opera. I was hired in Detroit for Motown Records studio music. My favorite of all the famous people I performed with was Tony Bennett. Such a nice man!

Thank you to all who are thinking of me with today's surgery. I am excited and hoping to see so much better very soon! Today will be the right eye, and next week they do the other!

bananas Glad no surgery for the knee! Hope improvement comes soon!

Mallie Hope your stress goes down soon so you don't have that added burden while trying to lose weight.

Teri Beautiful quilt! and I love the Pitt flag story! We are a house divided with my husband having gone to Kansas State. We played against each other one time for the Dorito Bowl! We were in Kansas and I wore a tournament shirt with both schools on it. I cheered for both teams for that one.

Penny Your raspberries look delicious! Sorry your Mom got the flu...so hard on a person in their 90s! Congrats on the 1000 miles!

Looking forward to the IV for my eyes...send me to my happy place...lol!

Luci in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, my phone has a 16 gig memory card so I have tons of memory for all the things I need. When I bought my laptop, I had lots of memory put in it so I don't have to worry. There is an office supply store in my town that has technology support and I've brought my laptop, phone, and Jake's tablet there when we needed help.

<3 Barbie
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »

Rita - hope that thermometer drops and stays down. And hope your fridge and A/C are still chugging along! <3

Will your DH be a good patient after his surgery or will you have to resort to extreme measures, lol. Fill in the blank _________. >:)

Keep cool everyone who is cooking today!! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

Thaks Lanette! DH is usually a good patient. I’m lucky there. I have to force him to rest!

Heat has let up, thank goodness! Fridge and air surviving so far.

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: Your grandson is a cutie. I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches his acting goal long before he is a grown up. :bigsmile:

Katla
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ What a cutie Grason is! My grandchildren started school 3 weeks ago.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Teri AZ- I write down the foods we like that meet a food nutrition goal on paper then create a few y modify internet recipes to us. Now I got a clue so can just cook but if course there will always be a fav that we eat that doesn’t have anything to it! I try to make up for that somewhere else or vitamins that day.

Welcome newcomers- we just jump in y talk not always rhyme or reason but we get each other through stresses to how to maneuver the app ,recipes,health info ,lots more.

Still anyone sees products for larger kids (My 2yr 4months old wears size 6 tall high weight limit y were on the hunt again for stuff he can use!) On the phone with manufacturers to see if they can help too. Takes 2-4hours per manufacturer call so sigh* my week long why do they all play the same darn song? Was there only one made for companies? Someone quick corner that market! We need new music while someone goes ummmm I gotta ask my manager... do do do do do do do....he’ll be a minute .....do do do do do do do... Hello 👋 ummmmm I’m going to patch you to someone else..... do do do do do do do...Hello engineering department why did they give you to us?
    Lol 😂 oh here’s the scamatics numbers. Have a nice day. Looks at clock darn 2hours gone only got info on 1 product!

Amber Tx
  • DJMKT
    DJMKT Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just recommitted this week to count calories and my fitness and weight loss journey. Will you be starting a Sept thread?

55, 63lbs to my goal weight. First goal 10lbs by mid-October. Walk, swim and paddle currently.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    DJMKT ~ Barbie will start this thread over again on September the 1st. Welcome! :)
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Heather ~ He is Rita's grandson...not mine. But I agree he looks like a great actor in the making.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Carol - OOOOPS! Yes, Rita!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Heather, WOOHOO! Congrats on getting your laptop going and downloading Word! Also happy to hear that lunch with your friend was good.
    Penny, so wonderful to hear from you! I am suffering extreme raspberry envy.....
    Katla, happy that you are going to see the grands, unfortunate that hubby doesn't wish to go, but also happy to hear that he seems to be doing better and you are more comfortable leaving him for a week.
    Tracey, so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job so much! Clearly it was a case of the universe waiting until just the right fit came along for you!
    Rita, Grason is a cutie! Glad to hear that hubby is a good patient, also happy to hear that the temp is dropping a bit for you, pretty sure I couldn't deal with 100+ for any length of time!
    That's all I can remember now.
    Rode my bike to work two days in a row now, the plan is to try to do it all four days this week, feeling good so far!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island