Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited September 2019
    @WinoGelato were you out there on the ice with @dawnbgethealthy ?
    What a vision of enthusiasm you are Dawn.
    GREAT PIC

WOW.....look at all those AF days you gals are racking up. Awesome job.

Welcome to @northbendmom nice to see you in here with us.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Checking in. Slept all through the night last night and have been enjoying my cup of tea before bed. I had Tazo’s glazed lemon loaf tea last night and a red tea tonight. Another AF day in the books.

9/3 - AF
    9/4 - AF
    9/5 - AF

To be AF tomorrow through Sunday will be challenging for me. I think I will choose one day to have 1-2 drinks. Or I could just keep sipping my tea. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    anglilacs wrote: »
    Checking in. Slept all through the night last night and have been enjoying my cup of tea before bed. I had Tazo’s glazed lemon loaf tea last night and a red tea tonight. Another AF day in the books.

9/3 - AF
    9/4 - AF
    9/5 - AF

To be AF tomorrow through Sunday will be challenging for me. I think I will choose one day to have 1-2 drinks. Or I could just keep sipping my tea. :)

I love my tea alternative to wine. I’m sipping Republic or Tea Pumpkin Spice right now. I was out of my usual Sleepytime Vanilla. I will have to look for that Tazo Lemon Loaf!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @WinoGelato were you out there on the ice with @dawnbgethealthy ?
    What a vision of enthusiasm you are Dawn.
    GREAT PIC

WOW.....look at all those AF days you gals are racking up. Awesome job.

Welcome to @northbendmom nice to see you in here with us.

Bahahahahahaha no skates for me.

I am on AF day 4/5 for the month and even if I drink Fri, Sat, and Sun I will still be in the Black for the month! I don’t think that’s happened since I first joined these threads...
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited September 2019
    As usual, I am going to work on 4-5 AF days per week.
    I managed 18AF days out of 31 for August somehow.
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )

Running total: 3 AF days out of 5 days so far
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    I am going away the last week of September and first week of October, and I will be in a bathing suit every day, so am wanting to rack up lots of AF days before that.

September 01 - Sunday 5 drinks! (Saturday between 1pm and 1am at the music festival I had 7 drinks and didn't even throw up strangely). Drinks 2 days in a row is such a no-no, it makes it become normal to have drinks on the 3rd day 4th day etc. But I won't.
    September 02 - AF
    September 03 - AF - my "scheduled" day to have drinks, but there is ice skating at one of the arenas tomorrow and I haven't skated since April, so, well, I don't want to have a hangover or anything and fall and break my head : - P
    September 04 - AF - I was invited over to a friend's house for some wine, but declined. Skating was exhilarating today, even though it took me a few times around to get comfortable. Definitely didn't want to wreck the added calorie burn by having drinks.

Running total: 3 AF days out of 4 days so far

I LOVE ice skating! I haven’t done it in years. You’ve inspired me!
  • spenceeyp
    spenceeyp Posts: 12 Member
    Decided after a rather crazy summer I need to take it easy this month and combined with the fact I want to kick the *kitten* I figured not drinking would be a great start.
    So here goes, the first Friday night for a while when I haven't been out drinking...
  • Womona
    I’m in! My family had a heck of a summer and now I’m ready to detox. We used to drink 4-5x/week. I’m now realistically aiming for weekends only! 2x/week. This will be hard. Hubby and I are very social and like to hang with friends and bbq. He’s going to try and do it with me. 🤞🏻

I used to drink most nights per week too. Cutting back to weekends only absolutely CAN be done!
  • Womona
    This morning I’m hosting a “the kids are back to school” party. Yes I am serving Mimosas, but I’m only going to have one then switch to seltzer & cranberry. Have a Good Friday everyone!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @MissMay I hope that you treat yourself to a massage therapist and have them work on just your neck. So sorry!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Womona
    Mimosas in the morning, how decadent! I don't think that I have had a Mimosa in 20 years.
    Sounds like a fun party : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy

September 02 - AF
    September 05 - 3 drinks. Feeling so much different than yesterday. My second sleepless night this week and a stressful workday coupled with Anxiety that I just couldn't seem to meditate away even though I ran (drove) to the lake after work for a float under a cloudless clear blue sky with sparkling glass-like water and some deep breaths. Sleep deprivation is crappy. I realize that booze probably doesn't help Anxiety, but it has somehow tonight numbed me and relaxed me. Still using booze as a crutch I guess, although I tried other things first. Not going to beat myself up. Us humans can be so fragile! If only I could skate every day... : - )
    September 06 - AF

Running total: 4 AF days out of 6 days so far
  • cookiecat90
    cookiecat90 Posts: 16 Member
    My goal is to only drink alcohol at home one night a week - usually Sunday as my daughter usually doesn't work that night and I don't need to pick her up (good that I'm "forced" to be AF other nights).
    Also only to drink when I go out to dinner which is not that often - maybe once or twice in a month.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited September 2019
    Womona wrote: »
    This morning I’m hosting a “the kids are back to school” party. Yes I am serving Mimosas, but I’m only going to have one then switch to seltzer & cranberry. Have a Good Friday everyone!

This is a first for me. LOVE the theme for the get together. Hope it was a good time.

Welcome to @cookiecat90 and @spenceeyp. Join in and get lots of support.

Lots of AF days flying around in everyones posts. Remember LESS is MORE. No matter what your previous consumption was.

Just noticed there is a new "disagree" button below everyone's post. And they did away with "woo". I can see that causing tons of upheaval 🤔

• anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2019
    @MissMay, I hadn’t noticed the disagree button yet! Maybe it’s a good thing since the woo seemed to be misunderstood?

AF last night but went over my calories - about 50 over my maintenance calories. I’m ok with that because I feel that I need to tackle this drinking almost every night thing first before I move to focusing on my weight loss.

9/3 - AF
    9/4 - AF
    9/5 - AF
    9/6 - AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited September 2019
    Haha on the Woo button. I thought that it meant "woo-hoo" so was using it until corrected.
    We do need a "woo-hoo" button on MFP.