WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Got back from seeing “Hair”. It was good, so much talent! I must be getting old….I remember when I went to see “Menopause the Musical” in Philly. At the end the audience could go on stage and dance. I did, even tho I left Vince in the audience. Now here they did that and I really didn’t want to get on stage. It’s Hickory, not Philly. Wonder why I felt that way? At the end the one guy came out draped in the American flag. At one point it was touching the ground. I thought for sure the Vietnam Vets in the audience would take offense at that, but no one said anything.

Michele in NC

Michele
    - did anyone run naked through the audience at the production of "Hair"? I think they did that in the original Broadway version? :o

Time flies... 50th anniversary of Woodstock. I think I played the album until it wore out.

Lanette
    Still mentally in my teens in SW WA State B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Cheri :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    DH is sorting out the garage for the freezer's arrival on Monday. We need a path through the junk and a space. He's just come in and said it's done. Very dusty and hard work. I told him firmly that if if was anything heavy he was to wait for my son. I don't want any pulled muscles/slipped discs before the cruise!

Off to pick up my son in about an hour. I will walk to the station and get a taxi back if he has luggage.

Lanette - the actual cleaning woman hasn't got back to me yet. I will try again to contact the organiser who is giving it up before we go away, as we have visitors the weekend after we get back. I need the cleaner's phone number. Luckily, my son does not have high standards. :*:)

We are booked in to the ice cream cafe tonight. They do great fresh pasta and seafood. It's about twenty minutes walk by the sea on a beautiful evening. B)

Article in the paper today about how Genoa has a great many centenarians. I was delighted to see their diet looks very similar to mine! o:):p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Rrrrrrr
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Morning, I’ve been skimming and unable to absorb information, I am still committed to supporting you all and adding to the comradery when I can though—and I know you all understand that!!

Work is incredibly challenging and I drove home and told DH I couldn’t make it the full four years of work that would give us the most stable pension — his response— we will deal with it, you come first— it’s your call. Yesterday was a very emotion packed day, colleague’s are turning to me for advice and support but it is draining. I will have to look a little deeper at my journals and habits to see what else I could add or delete to help with this level of stress. DH says first things first get back to exercise!!! So Off i go.

NYKAREN

Karen - so glad you and your DH could have a frank talk about the stress of your job and retirement.

"Having" to go to work vs. "choosing" to go to work eased some pressure for me. Helped me make it through the last couple years & decide to bloom where I was planted. Used up a lot of accrued vacation which helped, lol. B) When my time was up I rushed out of there so fast the door didn't have a chance to hit me. B)

Another thought - any chance of leaving this full time job and taking something part time with the school to get your service credits in? Maybe your retirement is based on the final few years of work though instead of the three or four highest earning years (like my plan was in WA State).

Great idea looking back in your journals and see what worked. <3 I've been doing that a lot myself lately.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Shopping- I spent about $80 because we bought some cold medicine for husband, also some other ointments that cost about $12 combined. I planned for french dips last night, so the roast beef from the deli was $11. I decided on using up my frozen fish fillets by steaming them with spices, and either adding them on my udon soups, or wild rice, or pasta I bought. I love the pasta that's called campanelli's. They are a combination of a swirl, a shell, and have an ability to hold onto sauces really well. A box of that is less than $2. I bought some cottage cheese too. It had been awhile since I have had that. Sometimes you just have to take a break from a certain thing, for it to taste good again. Cottage cheese is one of those things. I have a bag of spinach, to add with it. I like to saute the chicken with some honey and soy sauce, add walnuts and put with fresh spinach.

My son has to fly with his guys down to San Diego this Sunday, to put a helicopter together. He'll be gone until the 10th so I am using this time to clean out freezer. I have 1 poor hamburger patty, plus a couple of sausage patties that I will make into meals. I pretty much leave husband to figure out lunches for himself. I tell him at the commissary, "you have 4 lunches to plan, and you have $10 to do it". He adds up as he grabs, then tells me before I add everything up. I have him trained huh!

So just now I got a tickle in my throat with a full gulp of coffee in there! I sputtered all over my shirt! Well on the good side my shirt and chest area captured all the mess. *long sigh*

So pen pal dilemma. I have a sweet gal that writes me but I can't, for the life of me, read her handwriting! I have decided to keep writing her, just general stuff, and not embarrass her. It isn't like she would want to completely change her handwriting just to please me. So I have 4 friends to write to today. I also need to make chicken fried rice for son that's leaving. He requested it so.....💖
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)