WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Heather-you Are Beautiful!!💐💐💐Hope y’all have a wonderful time.Your sweetie is also handsome and you both look so happy.
    Debby In Va
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Just noticed in the photo I still have the remnants of the bump on the forehead from a couple of weeks ago! :o I walked into a wall - honest!

Just got a minute to applauded Lisa and hubby for their hard work creating the mudroom. Congratulations! :drinker:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Allie: My heart goes out to you. Our daughter has had to make the hard choice several time with her pets. I agree with you that’s it’s not fair to let them suffer, but think it’s a heartbreaking choice we have to make.
    Lisa?: So relieved your black mood re future healthcare has lifted. Those spoilers were an eye-opener. Fabulous reno! You’re fitting so much in!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday, ladies! <3

SuziQ
    - enjoyed reading your mantras. "If something gets in my way I go around it" by Kiki Dee is my anthem. Now it's going to be my earworm all day, lol. Good speedy walking music.

Lisa - fantastic job on the remodel! Chip and Joanna would be jealous. Must be that Texas get up and go, lol. You have done such marvelous work on your place.

Barbie
    - sorry to hear about Bessie. Our older dog Sophie takes constant vigilance to keep her digestion up to par it seems. I found something called "PET Pectillin" (Amazon) which works great for Sophie's loose stools and she gets 1/4 of a Pepcid AC when her tummy is upset. Hope Bessie is doing better.

Kate - I forgot to mention before, I have started watching "Carnival Row" on Prime. The special effects are stunning! I've only watched the first episode so anxious to keep going. Orlando Bloom is a versatile actor. :) And kinda hunky!

Rho
    - thank you for sharing your story. You have been through so much!! Glad we are here for you to share your journey back to health. Have you read "Women Rowing North"?

Machka
    - <3 (((HUGS))) <3 Glad you got everything working again and found the phone. Do you think your being sick affected him in any way - did he have anxiety because you weren't "you" for a few days? Not that this had anything to do with the computer/phone incident. Just curious.

Heather - so glad your DH is OK. Wow. Your photo is stunning, you get younger each time we see you I think. Enjoyed hearing your story, you inspire us. The countdown is beginning to your cruise, can't wait to see photos of it.

Make it a wonderful day, ladies. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka[/b] - <3 (((HUGS))) <3 Glad you got everything working again and found the phone. Do you think your being sick affected him in any way - did he have anxiety because you weren't "you" for a few days? Not that this had anything to do with the computer/phone incident. Just curious.

Lanette
    SW WA State

No, this is just how it goes. He'll have a day where he appears to be almost back to "normal", and the next day is a massive swing the other way. And back and forth and back and forth ...

That was part of the problem with his back to work person. She'd see him on a good day, or a good portion of a day, but she wouldn't see him on a bad day.

However, some of this may have been me not paying attention because I was sick. I know he told me on Thursday morning as I was getting ready for work that one of his phones was missing. I wasn't feeling great on Thursday, I never feel great in the morning, and I remember him handing me one of his phones and when I glanced at it, it had gone to voice mail ... and he told me he couldn't find the phone he had just called. I think I said something like, "it'll turn up" expecting he would look for it, but sometimes he doesn't quite "get" phrases like that, so he didn't bother looking. I should have followed up with that.

And I should have written down a few things about his computer for him. I told him to install Malwarebytes and it would be finished. So ... he apparently installed all sorts of programs he had on other computers, completely filled this one and when he finally went to install Malwarebytes as I had told him, it crashed badly. And then I think he panicked and by the time I got there he was reinstalling Windows 10. I knew something was wrong the minute I got up this morning by the look on his face.

I'm retraining as much as he is. It does seem that every time I just assume that he'll be OK with something and don't write things down or don't give specific instructions, all hck breaks loose.

Amongst all this, we're trying to work on another project (taxes), and I've done my part, but I think I'm going to have to break his down into steps. Look for this first, then that, etc. because he's just getting lost. And I think that project is stressing him out. I'll be glad when it's done.

Anyway ... phone found, computer fixed with Malwarebytes installed, banking issues settled, and I think my part of the taxes are done so I can focus on his. So all is not lost!!

It's late in the evening, I've been drinking chamomile tea and my headache is disappearing.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Lanette, Bessie is feeling better. She ate her supper and breakfast of chicken breast and white rice. She won't take any medication by mouth so any obvious solution for other dogs won't work for her.

:)Heather, You and your husband look fabulous.

<3 Barbie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Heather: You look fabulous! We visited Egypt on our first cruise in 2009 from Durban, South Africa to Genoa, Italy, via the SuezCanal. We went to Cairo and Giza. We had to bypass Luxor and missed the Valley of the Kings because our ship was attacked by Somali pirates just beyond the Seychelles and our course was altered for safety reasons.

Just arrived at daughter’s house for our Sunday visit.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    heather - you look wonderful,enjoy your pre-birthday party.

Kelly - I love how you are able to handle Tim’s mood. I should take lessons from you.

Machka - you have had to take on so much since your husband’s accident and from the outside looking in it seems you have done it with nothing but grace and kindness. I hope he continues to improve and you get to get back to some of your old routines.

Allie - you have done so well in a year!

I don’t have a lot to say this morning, I’m still not feeling well and I’ve done nothing all weekend. Hopefully another day of rest will have me set up for the week ahead.

Tracey In Edmonton