WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    I did lose the few downloads I had but I don't use this feature much on this type of computer, so I didn't lose very much.
    The one I replaced was so old they were going to quit the updates in 2020, so it was time.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,562 Member
    Options
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    Pip or anyone in the Pacific NW Do you have room . . . Would you be interested in adopting a 4 year old service dog whose owner just passed away and needs a new home? His name is Henry and he's in Portland.
    o6sfeacjabwv.png
    [/quote}

your friend should see if there is any organizations that could use a service dog for someone
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather the birthday party pictures of you and your family are lovely. Thank you for sharing.

I'm right behind you in age, I'll turn 70 on November 5th.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,352 Member
    Options
    Tracey and Margaret – feel better fast

Cheri – my friend from college lives in Parkland. Her daughters went to the school where the shooting was.

Pip – how was the concert?

Went in the pool then strung more popcorn. I’ve declared that I am finished for this year. Had dinner then worked on Colby’s diamond dotz.

Oh come on pip – Yogi needs a mentor!!!

Rho – so glad Henry is off to his forever home

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey and Margaret – feel better fast

Cheri – my friend from college lives in Parkland. Her daughters went to the school where the shooting was.

Pip – how was the concert?

Went in the pool then strung more popcorn. I’ve declared that I am finished for this year. Had dinner then worked on Colby’s diamond dotz.

Oh come on pip – Yogi needs a mentor!!!

Rho – so glad Henry is off to his forever home

Michele in NC

I was thankful that he hadn’t lost his voice, hits sounded like the records
  • pipcd34
    Options
    No workout today
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I am especially enjoying all your plans to celebrate your birthday because I remember how my mother had refused to acknowledge her birthdays for years, and then when her 70th birthday came and went and nobody acknowledged it, she was sad and angry. You are already having fun and the day isn't here yet.

:)Rho, your BF is like my husband wanting attention and wanting to talk about significant things right in the middle of my morning routine. He is especially good at starting a meaningful conversation when I have my coat on ready to walk out the door with the dogs.

:) Bessie is her old self today and will go back to eating regular food tomorrow morning. She went on several long walks today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Machka Do you know about "Tile" for finding stuff? I consider myself as a highly organized person but, I frequently misplace my phone :o (((hugs to you)))

Hugs to all!
    Rho

No, I don't know about the "Tile" for finding stuff. What is that?

At the moment I go through the "usual places" with him:

Is it in a pocket? Pants? Jacket?
    Is it in one of your bags?
    Did you put it on top of your dresser (which is covered in stuff) or in your night stand?
    Is it in the car?
    Is it in the couch cushions?

We went through all of that and he told me it wasn't in any of those places. So I was starting at the top again going through every single pocket in the place when he dug a little deeper in his sofa and found it.

I have to be organised for the both of us as much as I can, but he's tricky because no sooner have I sighted everything and figure I know where it all is, then he moves something into a "better" place.

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊💓
  • csofled
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Michele in NC

Our family still lives there. Tragic event which we felt as if we still lived there. The kids still have friends in town. A wonderful place to have raised our kids!

Cheri

• csofled
    Options

Cheri The FitDesk is very cool. I bought one when they first came out (and paid a lot more than what they sell for now). I love mine and hope yours works out for you. P.S. Love your name - it was my mother's name and it's not heard often :smile:

Hugs to all!
    Rho

My "real" name is Chery Ann. Named after a tugboat in a popular TV series back in the day. I have actually met several other Cheryl Ann's!

Waterfront is an American syndicated television drama series that starred Preston Foster as a harbor tug captain of the Cheryl Ann that was filmed, in part, at Los Angeles Harbor in 1954-1955 by Roland Reed Productions, Inc., for the Ziv Company.

Been called Cheri since childhood. I never believed my parents when they first told me I was named after a tugbut!

Cheri

• Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Rho, your BF is like my husband wanting attention and wanting to talk about significant things right in the middle of my morning routine. He is especially good at starting a meaningful conversation when I have my coat on ready to walk out the door with the dogs.

Guys are funny . . . By that I mean, they are sometimes simply oblivious (not that I am ever oblivious ;-)
    Today, I had planned to work on my garage clean up project. Coat on, hand on the door knob, my BF asks where something in the kitchen belongs. So I answer. As I close the door, I feel it tugging in the other direction. It's my BF, again asking where a kitchen item belongs. Sensing another question may come, I stood outside the door. Yep! Different item / same question. That happened a 4th time, before he asks "Are you going somewhere?" Instead of answering, I asked him what he was doing . . . He had decided to remove everything out of the kitchen cupboards and drawers, clean them, then arrange everything back again. But he (obviously) couldn't recall where a number of items went, so I stepped back inside and told him no, I wasn't going out. I just needed a breath of fresh air.

I never got to the garage today. I stayed inside, cleaned up old emails, looked through books and magazines needing to be tossed, etc. while BF finished the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom and did the laundry. Same routine with the questions. Never interrupt a man doing domestic chores, right????
    lf58euk8gfhj.png
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka Do you know about "Tile" for finding stuff?

Machka in Oz

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/how-it-works

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Tile/Tile/page/9F8516EE-7F3B-4C96-8287-D795123CF742
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka Do you know about "Tile" for finding stuff?

Machka in Oz

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/how-it-works

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Tile/Tile/page/9F8516EE-7F3B-4C96-8287-D795123CF742

Interesting! That could be useful.