I'm not sure I understand the point of bathing...

Options
JasonT1973
JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
This is a totally legitimate topic about bathes verses showers!!
Since I was a teenager I have only bathed to soak sore muscles.
Does anyone use a bath as their primary means of getting clean?

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I am sorry and I don't want to offend anyone but I find bathing disgusting. I love showers, I don't even have my babies sitting in bathwater I shower them just like I would myself with the hand healed shower head.
  • JasonT1973
    Options
    ^5 Bell
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I shower generally but do bathe when I'm really cold and want to warm up, or to soak sore muscles. I don't think it's disgusting but my husband does. I shower daily because it's faster.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a weirdo...I shower-bathe.

I LOVE baths, but I can't wash my hair properly in them and I don't like the idea of soaking in my own dirt. So I take a quick shower and then a bath afterward if I feel like it. Like the PP, it's usually when I'm cold or sore OR when I'm hiding from my noisy house.

I do almost all my reading in the bathtub....and I own quote a few waterlogged books because of it.
  • KhaoticSoul
    Options
    I used to bath only until I moved to my new place two years ago as I only had a bath available, and wasn't paying to have a shower installed in a rented property. Now I have a shower downstairs which I use most, but if I want a treat will use the bath upstairs and spend a few hours soaking with a good book, a nice drink, and lots of bubbles. However afterwards I still end up having a quick shower down to freshen up. (there's a shower over my bath too, so its no big deal to just stand up lol.)
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The only time I sit in a bath is when I am cold and want to warm up but I usually shower first and then fill the tub with clean hot water.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Baths are gross. I only take them AFTER a shower to relax about once or twice a year.

I want to wash my dirt down the drain, not to sit and be stewing in it.

It's just a quirk.
  • JasonT1973
    Options
    Glad to see that I am not the only person who isn't thrilled with taking a bath for the purpose of getting clean.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    SInce I don't live in Massachusetts I will bathe with my horse, perfectly normal.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I bathe when I'm in the mood, or have bubble bath soap..once every four or six months or so. I also bathe if My stomach is upset.. I feel that it helps.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sit in the tub with the shower on. . best hangover cure.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Ok. At first I thought "who on Earth could be starting a post knocking basic hygiene?" Then I read it and get it. It's the whole TUB thing versus shower. Well...I interject that as much as it feels good to soak in a tub...my buoyant parts don't go below the water line. Plus unless you throw in a celery stick and some Clamato juice, I don't get sitting in your own stew. I love showers. Love to feel squeaky clean. Wish I had a shower boy like in Ancient Rome. Is that bad?
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Whenever I take a bath, I always shower after.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sit in the tub with the shower on. . best hangover cure.
    :drinker:
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym and I bathe at home. I absolutely LOVE baths. When you are deployed and lucky to even have a standup shower you really appreciate being able to submerge yourself in a tub full of hot water. Whenever I came back that was one of the first things I did.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I will take a bath if I'm feeling sick, sore, sad, or just in the mood to relax. A nice hot soak with Epsom salt, bubbles, and some entertainment is one of the easiest ways to get a pick me up. For my solitary birthday celebration this year, I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street while soaking in the tub and eating chocolate. It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. c;
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever have a bath. Shower all the way.
  • JasonT1973
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg

^This
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I only ever take a bath when I'm sick or freezing, and then Right after I take a shower. It;s like sitting in your own filth...pretty gross if you ask me.