I'm not sure I understand the point of bathing...

Options

Replies

• theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Once it was no longer fun to bring my Playmobil sea creatures into the bathtub, I stopped taking baths.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I like showers, but I do like to have a bath in the Winter with lots of bubbles, and I read a book too.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    baths are disgusting, it's like sitting in your own filth! lol, it's one thing with babies they like to play BUT i prefer showers, it doesn't help either I'm too tall for most bath tubs, and a nice hot shower running over my face after a long day is my relaxation!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, we didn't have a shower in the apartment we lived in, so it was a bath or nothing.

Since then, I might run a hot bath just to relax or read (scented, of course!), but for getting clean, I shower.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Also, how dirty do all you people get on a regular basis that your bath water is full of filth????
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Also, how dirty do all you people get on a regular basis that your bath water is full of filth????

This.
  • ayerg
    ayerg Posts: 33
    Options
    Well, as a mom, sometimes being in the bathroom is the only way to escape. They will hunt me down otherwise... So - I hide in there and make the most of it with some music and wine....THEN I shower! :wink:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    The only thing more gross than a bath to get clean is a soak in the petri dish (hot tub). I always shower after both. Sometimes a bath is necessary to soak out the pain, but it's not a fave of mine.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Showers are for a morning to freshen up. Baths are for on a night time to chill out before bed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I only bathe to watch fart bubbles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Loving the shower snobbery.

Me? I am a filthy bath user. Long soaks, loads of bubbles and if the water changes colour, so what?

I am pretty certain mankind survived for millennia before some bright spark invented the shower. Water holes, rivers and other waterways that included things like duck and fish poo were popular before the bathtub too!

Ridiculous to be so judgemental over it!
  • overstreetjl
    Options
    This is a totally legitimate topic about bathes verses showers!!
    Since I was a teenager I have only bathed to soak sore muscles.
    Does anyone use a bath as their primary means of getting clean?

Personally, I find bathing a great way to relax, be it in the mornings, or after a hard day. Luckily, when we bought our house, my wife demanded that we get a whirlpool tub, so that helps a lot. I, however, do not take baths to get clean. Even when I'm going to take a bath, I'll generally soak for a while and play on my phone, or read for a bit, then after I'm over it, I'll drain the water and take a proper shower. Honestly, I don't remember taking a bath to get clean since I was a kid. I turn 35 tomorrow, so that's been a while.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I do bathe when I'm really cold and want to warm up.

japanese_woman_onsen.jpg

I would be submerged to the top of my head with only bubbles surfacing. From where, I will not say.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg

^This

^100 times over.

Add some wine and candles. Yep Yep.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Baths for me. I never take showers. Can't remember the last time I did.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How dirty are ya'll who mention that you can't stand sitting in your own filth?

I can understand preferring a shower over a bath, but not because of a reason like that.

Takes all kinds, I guess. :laugh: