Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,685 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    You picked Fig Newtons over Lorna Doones???? How could you? :wink: I loved Lorna Doones! I haven't had or even thought about those in so long.
    Whenever my parents would go grocery shopping, checking through the bags when they returned was always the highlight for me. :neutral: A good trip meant they'd picked up peanut butter wafers, Lorna Doones, or those big chocolate-marshmallow pinwheel cookies. A bad trip was....Fig Newtons. :)

ha...I had to look up what Lorna Doones even were! Never heard of them...however I do remember my mom would buy us 'Wagon Wheels'...watv8fx40jfy.png

yj7mklgbn66t.png
    when I first started dieting in middle school... these were a staple

Same with Snackwells! 😂
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2020
    One of my favorite snacks were combos. Have a craving for them now. I used to eat the pretzel outside and make a huge ball of cheese then eat it at once 😆.
    htax51jb8a0g.jpeg
    Also these double popsicles were my favorite. I liked the cherry and grape.

qyp25nvmk2m8.jpeg

I also lived on freezy pops in the summer. Grape and blue raspberry were my favorite. I remember having over 12 a day of the small ones or 3-4 giant ones. My house was the favorite because my mom always stocked the freezer with the giant ones.jw071y9q8hj3.jpeg
    ikjeyaag7jrt.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    One of my favorite snacks were combos. Have a craving for them now. I used to eat the pretzel outside and make a huge ball of cheese then eat it at once 😆.
    htax51jb8a0g.jpeg
    Also these double popsicles were my favorite. I liked the cherry and grape.

qyp25nvmk2m8.jpeg

I also lived on freezy pops in the summer. Grape and blue raspberry were my favorite. I remember having over 12 a day of the small ones or 3-4 giant ones. My house was the favorite because my mom always stocked the freezer with the giant ones.jw071y9q8hj3.jpeg
    ikjeyaag7jrt.jpeg

freezies!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    bear2303 wrote: »
    Got this idea from looking at the "if it didn't have calories post" but it seems like a lot of the things that people post about are things that they had growing up! I know that for me when I'm craving things I crave stuff that i ate growing up. One of my biggest cravings right now is a GIANT Loco Moco picture below. I grew up in Hawaii and ate this all the time!
    I recognize that this looks like a giant pile of dog food but i promise it's delish!

hzi5khaw4k6w.jpg

I was stationed on Kauai for 3.5 years. Loco Moco is killer.
  • pancakerunner
    vd1of7lveyvy.png
    hgzcw0b8cl44.png
    h6eydaozm4c7.png

Growing up we called this "brown" and my mom would serve it with half and half cream... yum. I loved when it was leftover and cold and would clump together!
  • pancakerunner
    These were the best! They were nothing like today's Stouffer's pot pies. I bet they had so many trans fats that they had to change up the recipe. ???
    nue0jckwthai.jpg

I liked the banquet pot pies!
  • VegjoyP
    3icg3825n4s0.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    3icg3825n4s0.jpg

Yes! I loved the vanilla flavor. total sugar bomb though
  • pancakerunner
    7g4cdtqwqqgz.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    t0cmmrmodhw1.jpg
    wegae9qw6au4.png
    yv0k3ezji8mb.png
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    t0cmmrmodhw1.jpg
    wegae9qw6au4.png
    yv0k3ezji8mb.png

the milanos... haven't had in ages. now I wantttttttttt
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    lz0fm2k6kdy2.jpg

the memories...

I'm fantasizing about or obsessing over all the foods here that I love and we had lots of enjoyable Saturday nights eating dinner in Pizza Huts. They're closing down so many of them now, so sad to me... still my favorite pizza to this day...
  • LoveyChar
    I know this has been posted before but Pizza Hut buffets bring me back because my mom would take me after every track meet. I could go for one right now. ugcb62bul7jk.jpeg
    u7soxo0r2w4n.jpeg
    Especially the dessert pizzas and salad bar. 0qskwm6jbr4b.jpeg
    yr5w3stjkcik.jpeg

Love these pictures ❤️, happy memories of my childhood too.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Ditto on the Pizza Hut; every Tuesday night my parents would have a "family night" where we all went out for dinner and a fun activity. Dinner was always either Pizza Hut or Subway because it was cheap/free for kids. Good times!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    And I'll add to the list: Little Debbie swiss cake rolls, Michelina's wheels and cheese (lived on those as a teenager), and my grandma's homemade chicken noodle soup with the doughy hand-cut noodles.
  • LoveyChar
    Walked by a house tonight that smelled so good like elephant ears, loved eating those at the fair as a kid.
  • VegjoyP
    My Great grandma's bacon and eggs, grandmothers stuffing (made with saltines) grandmas macaroni and cheese and grandma's potato pancakes :) (I would never ever eat any of this now..lol)
  • pancakerunner
    3pnuzxzox5sk.png
  • pancakerunner
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I know this has been posted before but Pizza Hut buffets bring me back because my mom would take me after every track meet. I could go for one right now. ugcb62bul7jk.jpeg
    u7soxo0r2w4n.jpeg
    Especially the dessert pizzas and salad bar. 0qskwm6jbr4b.jpeg
    yr5w3stjkcik.jpeg

Love these pictures ❤️, happy memories of my childhood too.

bringing back my pizza cravings!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    edited September 2020
    Little Debbies. My Mom would pack one if we had them. "Gooseliver" as well (and often because it was cheap and we didn't have a lot of money). Would drown that crap in mustard to be able to swallow it down. Braunschweiger was the technical name. If you've never had it, be thankful.

https://www.instacart.com/products/188115-kahns-bavarian-brand-braunschweiger-1-lb-16-oz