Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Kraft mac and cheese, the only kind my kids would eat when they were little. :/ I liked it too. :) Everything in the 90's collage was during my kids' childhoods. Awww, miss that time so much.
    And Frosted Mini Wheats; love those darn things!

I too love frosted mini wheats... and Life!
  • pancakerunner
    0sd0ou9b1gxp.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Kraft mac and cheese, the only kind my kids would eat when they were little. :/ I liked it too. :) Everything in the 90's collage was during my kids' childhoods. Awww, miss that time so much.

My childhood cereal favorite was lashing mighty bites lol 7lgwlxpg3zim.jpeg
  • pancakerunner

My childhood cereal favorite was lashing mighty bites lol 7lgwlxpg3zim.jpeg

also kix, apple jacks, honey comb and CTC
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,448 Member

OMG, Frosted mini-wheats are the best! They're awful for my blood sugar so I only have them when I stay at my parent's house now. Only downside is instead of milk they use half-and-half because it lasts longer and it's tons of calories! I put like a tablespoon on mini wheats so I get my treat!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,685 Member
    7fht2vwen7fw.png
    ckf1tprxboob.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    7fht2vwen7fw.png
    ckf1tprxboob.jpeg

i love fig newtons. They remind me of summer at my grandparents haha
  • pancakerunner
    jl1b25bf8y43.png

particularly the taste of eating the raw dough from the cut off ends.
  • pancakerunner
    pizza hut candy machine

ocuxlxs7v2ax.png
  • pancakerunner
    not really a flavor... but the SMELL of auntie annes and walking past it and wanting a slushy.

cmfa4agtjyba.png
    tli3et89ptji.png
  • pancakerunner
    dr585p97iuir.png
  • VegjoyP
    7fht2vwen7fw.png
    ckf1tprxboob.jpeg

Omgosh I posted these same picks here few months ago🙂
  • pancakerunner
    7fht2vwen7fw.png
    ckf1tprxboob.jpeg

always fig newtons!
  • VegjoyP
    7fht2vwen7fw.png
    ckf1tprxboob.jpeg

always fig newtons!

Figs/ fig newtons/ fig everything! I loved these one fig newtond that where whole wheat but so good/ home made
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Now I’m craving fig newtons! As a kid, I was the only one who always picked them for snack at camp instead of the Doritos and lornadoones. All my friends thought I was weird because they didn’t like them lol.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    You picked Fig Newtons over Lorna Doones???? How could you? :wink: I loved Lorna Doones! I haven't had or even thought about those in so long.
    Whenever my parents would go grocery shopping, checking through the bags when they returned was always the highlight for me. :neutral: A good trip meant they'd picked up peanut butter wafers, Lorna Doones, or those big chocolate-marshmallow pinwheel cookies. A bad trip was....Fig Newtons. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    You picked Fig Newtons over Lorna Doones???? How could you? :wink: I loved Lorna Doones! I haven't had or even thought about those in so long.
    Whenever my parents would go grocery shopping, checking through the bags when they returned was always the highlight for me. :neutral: A good trip meant they'd picked up peanut butter wafers, Lorna Doones, or those big chocolate-marshmallow pinwheel cookies. A bad trip was....Fig Newtons. :)

ha...I had to look up what Lorna Doones even were! Never heard of them...however I do remember my mom would buy us 'Wagon Wheels'...watv8fx40jfy.png
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    k14d5qyrk1f6.jpg

My grandparents always gave us 2 after eating lunch or dinner at their house.
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    porktinga-e1352216052210.jpg?w=640
    Chicken tingas! :yum:<3
    (Image is missing refried beans, however. Very crucial.)

As well as the sweet, inviting smell of honey-roasted nuts from a Nuts 4 Nuts cart on the streets of New York City!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

ha...I had to look up what Lorna Doones even were! Never heard of them...however I do remember my mom would buy us 'Wagon Wheels'...watv8fx40jfy.png

yj7mklgbn66t.png
    when I first started dieting in middle school... these were a staple