MelG7777 wrote: »
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    If every ex was the crazy one in the relationship. Also love bombing or other narcissistic traits.

👀
    I looked this up...

But let's say you really, REALLY (...like really...) love them and wanna be together til, say, 2092?

It feels AMAZING while it’s happening. But then when they go on to their other narcissistic traits…pulling away, cutting off contact, gaslighting, triangulating…it’s awful. But don’t worry, they almost ALWAYS come back (gotta get that narcissistic feed you know!) and Hoover and love bombing begins all over again! (Spoiler alert….it’s not worth dealing with that for 71 years. But they come back and love bomb just long enough to make you feel like it might be.)

😭 You did the calculation lol

In this scenario, I was wondering whether I was the love bomber though. While I don't do any of the stuff mentioned in the article I found...

https://www.healthline.com/health/love-bombing

... it's unfortunate that a phrase as cute as love bombing can be a descriptor for something so detrimental.

If you went through that, @MelG7777, that sucks and I'm sorry 😔

i been hearing this phrase often lately, like a baader–meinhof kind of deal, but just now sat down to read about it cause of the link and tbh im conflicted because i do consider myself a narcissist, but i also strive to do the opposite of stuff on that list too.

That would be more of a grandiose narcissistic trait. Maybe you’re more of a covert? There are several kinds….Do not fret, I’m sure if we work we could find you a good spot in the narcissist spectrum!

"grandiose" now see that sounds awesome, put me down for that one

Gotcha down! I’ll add you to my “Grandiose List”. It’s getting pretty long though.

as long as im the first on the list
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Not a narcissist. What are we doing here? Being healthy!? Ew!

Gotchu too! Added “love bombing” to the weakness thread. I know who I am.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

@MelG7777 I'm rethinking my whole life right now 😂 But narcissists aren't supposed to recognize/admit that they are one, right?! So am I one? Aren't I one? Can't I just love the dude 😭 (...dives into the deepest wells of despair...)
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

@PAWGliacci the Grandiose God of Geese
  • MelG7777
    edited August 2021
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

@MelG7777 I'm rethinking my whole life right now 😂 But narcissists aren't supposed to recognize/admit that they are one, right?! So am I one? Aren't I one? Can't I just love the dude 😭 (...dives into the deepest wells of despair...)

You are not one! You CAN just love the dude. Narcissist are rarely diagnosed properly because they don’t know they are or won’t admit it. The fact that you could be willing to consider that tells me you’re not. And I am 1/3000th of a professional so you should trust me.

Btw…I need to get a job soon. Maybe?
    qmr0ippb3crn.jpeg
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

You are not one! You CAN just love the dude. Narcissist are rarely diagnosed properly because they don’t know they are or won’t admit it. The fact that you could be willing to consider that tells me you’re not. And I am 1/3000th of a professional so you should trust me.

qmr0ippb3crn.jpeg

I'll be your first client. Actually I need a job too, perhaps I can repay you for your services by being your personal secretary. I promise to wear the skankiest uniforms 😜
  • MelG7777
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

qmr0ippb3crn.jpeg

I'll be your first client. Actually I need a job too, perhaps I can repay you for your services by being your personal secretary. I promise to wear the skankiest uniforms 😜

Yes please and
    d0glgppamns7.jpeg
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Now I'm even more conflicted because if I can only be your client if I'm a narcissist then, like, 🙋🏾‍♀️.

All in all, this day has been very confusing...yet satisfying. And duck-filled.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Now I'm even more conflicted because if I can only be your client if I'm a narcissist then, like, 🙋🏾‍♀️.

All in all, this day has been very confusing...yet satisfying. And duck-filled.

No no, that’s not the only way. I’m just here to listen. And sometimes diagnose. I’m probably at like 4% accuracy currently.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    If every ex was the crazy one in the relationship. Also love bombing or other narcissistic traits.

👀
    I looked this up...

But let's say you really, REALLY (...like really...) love them and wanna be together til, say, 2092?

It feels AMAZING while it’s happening. But then when they go on to their other narcissistic traits…pulling away, cutting off contact, gaslighting, triangulating…it’s awful. But don’t worry, they almost ALWAYS come back (gotta get that narcissistic feed you know!) and Hoover and love bombing begins all over again! (Spoiler alert….it’s not worth dealing with that for 71 years. But they come back and love bomb just long enough to make you feel like it might be.)

In this scenario, I was wondering whether I was the love bomber though. While I don't do any of the stuff mentioned in the article I found...

... it's unfortunate that a phrase as cute as love bombing can be a descriptor for something so detrimental.

Oh if YOU are the love bomber, that’s different. 😈 I’m open to that.

You mentioned loving the person….I only have slight knowledge on narcissism and their traits. I started watching a dr on YouTube a few months ago and it’s made sense of so many things throughout my life. So many things. But my understanding is, you couldn’t “really really really love” the person. People like that are almost incapable of love. They love what people can do for them in regards to feeding their narcissism. And they will find it where they can. And even if the “feeder” does a “good job” the narcissist will almost always get board and go looking for others sources. They are notorious for cheating.
    So anywho…..maybe love bombing CAN be as cute as it sounds if it’s coming from someone with pure intentions. And going to someone likewise?

They love the "supply". The emotions their partner gives/receives are the drug that fuels their narcissism. Hence the cycles, and hence the love-bombing, then distancing and triangulation/gaslighting... repeat ad nauseum until the victim gets fed up and tries to leave.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

👀
    I looked this up...

i been hearing this phrase often lately, like a baader–meinhof kind of deal, but just now sat down to read about it cause of the link and tbh im conflicted because i do consider myself a narcissist, but i also strive to do the opposite of stuff on that list too.

You can have narcissistic traits without being a narcissist. A true narcissist actually would have to meet criteria for NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) and the only way to officially do that is through diagnosis, something very few actually narcissists would ever seek out.

The chances of there being way more narcissists than currently reported is pretty high since most of them will NEVER seek treatment.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

Not true! My husband is borderline (has been officially tested). He's maybe one or two points away from being classified as having NPD, but consistently works on it because it can negatively impact his career. The trick with narcissists (both borderline and those with classified NPD) is to find ways of treatment that you can clearly define benefit them in some way. If they see benefit in it, they are likely to adhere to some sort of guideline or treatment plan.
  • MaltedTea
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

Not true! My husband is borderline (has been officially tested). He's maybe one or two points away from being classified as having NPD, but consistently works on it because it can negatively impact his career. The trick with narcissists (both borderline and those with classified NPD) is to find ways of treatment that you can clearly define benefit them in some way. If they see benefit in it, they are likely to adhere to some sort of guideline or treatment plan.

It's great to hear that he's working on it. That's a testament to the relationship you two have built together 😌
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

🤣🤣🤣

The majority of narcissists are not aware of it nor would consent to the possibility they were if told.

In general if you question if you are a narcissist, more than likely you are not.

The "love bombing" is a tactic they use extremely early on to "hook you" for manipulation purposes.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Yeah, learned this the hard way. Run, don't walk away from these people. :grimace:

I learned the hard way too. It was like I was addicted to drugs.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Yeah, learned this the hard way. Run, don't walk away from these people. :grimace:

I learned the hard way too. It was like I was addicted to drugs.

An apt description, sadly. :neutral: Sorry you ended up in that situation, too. It's a tough cycle to break and leave, even if you have the monetary means to do so.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    ms68pg4c2pd5.jpeg
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Emotionally unavailable but it took me too long to see and acknowledge it