October 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @T1DCarnivoreRunner I don't believe there's any way to get Alexa to do anything if the phone is locked. And ok google once told me it couldn't do any commands with Stitcher since it's not it's app. I also don't know of a way to open my phone by voice. But I haven't looked into that before.

I agree about not getting Alexa to do anything with the phone locked... but it shouldn't be locked anyway. The whole point of Smartlock is to keep the phone unlocked when headphones are paired, so why should I have to swipe to unlock?! I can use Google voice commands to unlock the phone (when it is supposed to be unlocked anyway), but can't do anything besides give Google commands. IDK... I'm annoyed, so I might just find an Android forum to ask.

Ahh, I misunderstood that. I don't ise the smartlock so I can't be of help. Hopefully you get some answers.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hooray @MegaMooseEsq !!!

That's so hard with the pacer, especially when you don't realize they're pacing too fast, until it's too late. I've been there, and it was a disaster.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Great job! You almost made your arbitrary target. Glad you finished ahead of the marathoners.

@Avidkeo Congratulations on your AG win!!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    WTG @MegaMooseEsq on your 10 mile race! Glad you got to meet @7lenny7 IRL!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Way to go on the 10 miler, even with the pacer issues, you managed quite well!
    Nice photos too! Love seeing them
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 @RunsOnEspresso @PastorVincent
    I started a thread here to see if someone smart can help solve my issue with Android lock screen and Amazon Music: https://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-turn-off-swipe.1314741/

I'll be sure to check out the thread. I use google assistant, so maybe that can't control 3rd party apps? I don't know. Hmm.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    kirstymn wrote: »
    October Goal: 220km

01/10: 10.43
    04/10: 12.14
    05/10: 21.31
    07/10: 10.16
    08/10: 8.06

Total KM run: 62.10

@hamsterwheel6 @kgirlhart @rheddmobile @143tobe @katharmonic @Squish815 @MegaMouseEsq So many racers this weekend. Congratulations!! Fantastic job on your races. I love reading all the reports

Tonight I ran way too soon after eating way too much Chinese food...

@Avidkeo Awesome job on the park run!
    @143tobe Have a great time in Manchester :)

Thank-You! I'm still grinning :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Where are you racing on Nov 3? I don't think I'm ready for a 10 mile run, but still interested, since I live in E. TN. As for the rain, we got a total of about a half an inch. Every drop is appreciated and will help, but we need a lot more to alleviate the drought. They were calling for more tonight. Hope we get some. Dad's been feeding his cattle hay for a couple of weeks now....maybe longer. The little stream that runs through my property is almost dry, which NEVER happens. That was the main reason for the urgency in getting them moved.

It's the Cade's Cove Loop Lope in the Smoky Mountains. In the past it has sold out pretty quickly but I'm not sure about this year. They also have a limited number of parking passes which is another incentive for registering early. Otherwise, you're on one of the shuttle buses. The race takes place before the park opens so there is no traffic to contend with and you always see wildlife of some sort. You should check it out!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    October Goal 100 miles

October 2 – 5.18 miles
    October 4 – 10.7 miles
    October 7 – 4.01 miles
    October 8 – 4.51 miles

The temp was 10 degrees cooler this morning which made it a glorious day to run! I normally don’t run on Tuesdays but was awake so why not. I have bootcamp after work today so we’ll see how that goes.

Congratulations @MegaMooseEsq (aka Cap’n Marvel)!