Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Kathy Ferreiro's figure is what comes to mind for me when I think of "curvy"

kathy-ferreiro-01.jpg

mother of god, thats hot! id 'do' her!!*

*an thats coming from a woman that has no sexual interest in other women
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

If you think, after posting that comment, that your six pack will make you immune to the attack of MFP's women, you are in for a a big surprise!

Maybe some women agree...I do.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

142285669447421881_JkGWSIVI_c.jpg

i want that body :ohwell:
    I want that body to, lol, seriously DesiraeBale looks like based on your profile pics you have some nice curves already.
    She is gorgeous!
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    I really think 'curvy' means whatever the speaker means it to mean. In other words, it's meaningless, like so many other descriptions of human bodies. I really wish that this language would stop! It's even applied to clothes, e.g. curvy jeans. Why not express sizing by measurement? Example: Jeans sized by waist, hip, raise and inseam measurement.

I love the curvy jeans trend. I have hope that a pair won't have too much gapping!

I agree more sizing options for women is the right direction this needs to go. I'm even agreeable to the word 'curvy' with respect to jeans, though I prefer a less subjective term. Men's jeans are sized by waist and inseam, e.g. 31/32. I love this since I can actually buy jeans for my son with at least some success. That isn't so for my daughter. Sizes are meaningless with far fewer options. Imagine if jeans were sized by waist, hip, rise, and inseam--wouldn't that give us dozens of sizing options, plus less confusion and frustration. Maybe this is the seamstress in me talking.
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

Talk about a stereotype. Fat-stupid-n-lazy isn't a single word, but comments like this make me think that some people think so.
  • goldenbook
    Options
    I have an hourglass figure but I am muscular and lean.. I lift weights, run, do Pilates and Yoga.
  • elizabethmae1990
    Options

Maybe that's true, but can you think of a term that would justify your lazy grammar and prejudiced thinking? I'm going to chime in with my thoughts on curvy. Curvy is subjective and everyone has a different definition and, if I were you, I'd stop spending so much time worrying about it. Just ask yourself this: What do I think of myself? Because in the end, if you love yourself, then the answer to this question becomes meaningless. :)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I guess my definition of a curvy woman is a Kelly brook type big boobs wide hips small waist but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Absolutely agree! Kelly Brook is the definition of a curvy woman!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    curv·y
    /ˈkərvē/
    Adjective
    Having many curves: "a curvy stretch of road".
    (esp. of a woman's figure) Shapely and voluptuous.
    Synonyms
    curvaceous

There you go. I defined it.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Hmm I've always wondered this too. I have ruler straight hips, a tiny hiney and a long straight torso read:straight waisted. I am the antithesis of curves with the exception of my boobs. I have great curves in that area :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Feminine Curves. Weather it's hips, or breasts. I think some women abuse the term. Heavy set is not necessarily curvy (it can be) but curvy has nothing to do with weight.