Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think its a persons' own choice to think of themselves as they wish. Since curvy is a subjective thing. You can overweight and be very shapely and attractive.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Curvy is a shape not a size. Mainly defined by having a well defined waist. I typically use it for people with a low waist hip ration.

There is some debate on is people have a low waist/bust ratio. I consider those people busty not curvy.

36-34-36 is curvy and so are 46-34-46, 38-32-44. 46-38-51.

It is all about proportions. Not all overweight people are curvy. And not all "thin" people are not curvy.
  • kaseysospacey
    Options
    adele-grammy-awards-2012-03.jpg Yeah adele is definitely a load of blubber...seriously...accept that people come in different shapes and sizes and they don't owe you anything.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Christina Hendricks is curvy. Technically, curvy is when there is a 10 inch difference between your waist and your hips.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree that the various fruit labels aren't helpful. They're simply a matter of where people store fat on their bodies.

The fruit labels are pretty stupid. And the reason is because it doesn't say where people store fat. It's only based on measurements, so it says nothing about body composition. For example: pear shape. Most people think that means an over weight person that looks like an actual pear. But, it only means a curvy booty or hips. It could be curvy from bone structure (hips), from muscle, or from a healthy fat distribution. It could be bigger than the bust by a couple inches or by more than that. Another person could be apple in the measurements, but they just have a bigger rib cage and that's why it tips the measurements that way (not because of the boobs). So, the labels really don't tell you much about what the person looks like. There could be people with the same measurements or the same measurement ratios and they all look different. Some could be fit, others could be flabby. Most people have an idea of what they think the different shapes look like, but they are wrong , they look all different ways. A lot of female weight lifters are pear shaped because they have a low body fat and a high lean body mass, so they lose fat in the breasts and gain size in their booty from muscle (the glutes are the biggest muscle in the body).
  • kaseysospacey
    Options
    Christina Hendricks is curvy. Technically, curvy is when there is a 10 inch difference between your waist and your hips.

Then I'm fat but super curvy because my waist is about 43-44 inch but my hips are like 59
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    I really think 'curvy' means whatever the speaker means it to mean. In other words, it's meaningless, like so many other descriptions of human bodies. I really wish that this language would stop! It's even applied to clothes, e.g. curvy jeans. Why not express sizing by measurement? Example: Jeans sized by waist, hip, raise and inseam measurement.
  • jadedone
    Options
    Come on, nutter, explain this to me. How does someone with a 33 inch waist have a 42 inch torso? Either you have no freaking idea how to figure out your bra size, or you're lying.

I wear a size 42D bra. The cup size is the difference in inches between your under your breasts and your actual breasts. Under your breasts is not the same as your waist. My breasts are 42 inches. Under my breasts I am 38 inches around. Under my breasts, not my waist. Actually I have to wear a 12 on top because of my breasts. Don't hate honey. As far as your "lying" comment, go eff yourself. :smile:
    Same. I just measured myself today to get a dress pattern and I'm 40-30-40 and wear a 36D bra. It's all about how the fat is distributed, and mine's distributed pretty damned nicely.

I think you guys could likely go down in the band. If your Underbust measures 38 you should wear roughly a 38 band for good support. I thought I needed a 42 until I was properly measures, and I went down several band sizes.

I am also 42 around the bust, but my bra size is about 34H. And I measure 33 around my rib cage.
  • jadedone
    Options
    Curvy to me means the classic hour glass figure...it can be a 32-26-32 or a 38-32-38. Curvy does not define body composition, size, health, etc. It's just a shape (in my opinion).

These measurements are not hourglass. The waist hip ratio (WHR) is up too high. It should be more like .75 or less.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    With my measurements of 47-40-50 I'm not especially "curvy"... I mean, other than being too large, my figure isn't especially un-curvy.... but it's not extreme enough to call it curvy it's just pretty average for a woman of my weight... To me curvy is when your curves are more pronounced than average but is unrelated to your weight or clothing size. Thin women or fat women can be curvy.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I think this thread has shown, that is no true definition of curvy and we all have different thoughts of what we believe curvy is.

tumblr_m37l2kbHzI1qihztbo1_400.gif
  • jadedone
    Options
    I really think 'curvy' means whatever the speaker means it to mean. In other words, it's meaningless, like so many other descriptions of human bodies. I really wish that this language would stop! It's even applied to clothes, e.g. curvy jeans. Why not express sizing by measurement? Example: Jeans sized by waist, hip, raise and inseam measurement.

I love the curvy jeans trend. I have hope that a pair won't have too much gapping!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I love the curvy jeans trend. I have hope that a pair won't have too much gapping!

I did something not unlike this when I found Levis 529 curvy jeans for the first time:

tumblr_m6p5j34cx21qlq2jj.gif
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think "curvy" is supposed to refer to body shape,ex, hourglass, pear shaped- could be defined as curvy. To me weight is a different ball game. While some overweight people can be curvy; most overweight women use the term curvy, to describe thar they are overweight. In my opinion fat rolls are not curves. I apologize if I offended anyone. Im also overweight. I have a curvy shape, but I also say Im fat, because I am, even though Im working on it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The fact that they sell curvy jeans is also why the word curvy can apply to hips/booty and not just breasts. Curvy is a just a word. It means curve. You can apply it to curves. That's all it means. People tell me all the time that I have a curvy figure. I do have a curvy figure and my booty is especially curvy (11 inches bigger than my waist, lifted and perky). But, I am not large busted. I am a small person, with a curvy figure. And certainly there are people that are more curvy than I am. But, there is no other way to explain it other than that I am small, slender, and I have a curvy booty. Curvy and sleek are the ways my husband defines my body. He also describes me as having a strong musculature (I have a low enough body fat to have all over muscle definition, so that is what he is seeing/feeling).
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I did something not unlike this when I found Levis 529 curvy jeans for the first time:

tumblr_m6p5j34cx21qlq2jj.gif

What?!? There are curvy jeans....I always have a giant gap at the top...hate it! If I wear a fitted shirt it makes me look really awkward and bulgy there!!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

142285669447421881_JkGWSIVI_c.jpg

i want that body :ohwell:
    I want that body to, lol, seriously DesiraeBale looks like based on your profile pics you have some nice curves already.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I silently thank my mother everyday for giving me a pear shaped body.

I am a beautiful and sexy woman with curvs, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :glasses:
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think curvy is based on body shape, not weight. There are women who ARE overweight and curvy as in they have an hourglass/pear shape, which I think is very sexy. (Think makeupgeek on youtube, she's overweight but definitely curvy and very blessed to have that body shape).

Normally when I think of curvy, I think of Shakira or Beyonce, they got bootys.
    But everybody has their own opinion, this is just mine.
  • charlene1873
    Options
    Boobs and bum! That's what gives a girl curves!