What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    idk this thread seems more like “*kitten* i dont like about people” instead of signs someone’s insecure

I agree. I see this not ending well or making people feel like *kitten* 🤣

Eta: now I'm insecure
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    idk this thread seems more like “*kitten* i dont like about people” instead of signs someone’s insecure

I was kinda hoping it wouldn't go this way.

I like the not so obvious answers like people who try to always be PC. When I saw this post on a different forum, it got me thinking a lot. More self reflection than putting people down for using filtered selfies and such.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    People who can never be alone and jump from one relationship to next.

Always filter their photos.

Can’t admit another person of the same gender is attractive.

Overly PC about everything.

So many women know this that now you see women gushing over each other instead. In some situations it’s clear that the compliments are only intended to make themselves look secure when they aren’t really.

.... that just seems like too much work. People are weird, yo.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    People who can never be alone and jump from one relationship to next.

Always filter their photos.

Can’t admit another person of the same gender is attractive.

Overly PC about everything.

So many women know this that now you see women gushing over each other instead. In some situations it’s clear that the compliments are only intended to make themselves look secure when they aren’t really.

I 100% agree
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Constantly seeking validation or trying way too hard. There’s a difference between those that are confident & those that over compensate.. doesn’t take long to see the difference!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I'll just say me.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Constantly seeking validation or trying way too hard. There’s a difference between those that are confident & those that over compensate.. doesn’t take long to see the difference!

Depends. A lot of what a person thinks of as "insecure selfie posting" is not. It's just that some folks are way more secure in themselves and what they look like *or* that they just don't give a *kitten* what others think about them. I think it's quite hard to find the line between the two based only on a selfie or only on online interaction.

In person? Yes, it's way easier to tell.
  • melissawill2017

I don't really see alot of this. I don't know, maybe I'm blind 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some need validation because they don't get any at home or don't feel good about themselves. I don't hand out compliments that I don't mean but when I do they're genuine and it makes me feel good to make others feel good. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know people and don't know why they do what they do.

No- I agree with you! I gush over girls all the time, but not because I’m insecure- it’s quite the opposite actually. I appreciate strength, confidence, & beauty & im not afraid to compliment someone when I see this; whether they are male or female. There are soo many beautiful people in this world- both inside & out! I think lifting others up & showing kindness shows anything but insecurity!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I silently scream insecurity - I’m in my head most days - i try to hide behind humor or idgaf attitude- but I’m always in my head about something 🤷‍♂️

This is me 🙋‍♀️
  • melissawill2017

Depends. A lot of what a person thinks of as "insecure selfie posting" is not. It's just that some folks are way more secure in themselves and what they look like *or* that they just don't give a *kitten* what others think about them. I think it's quite hard to find the line between the two based only on a selfie or only on online interaction.

In person? Yes, it's way easier to tell.

Yes- I agree!! My statement was less about online interaction because I don’t personally know anyone here. I’m talking more about people I have known personally! I’m not judging regardless- I think we all feel insecure at times and that’s ok!

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

I don't really see alot of this. I don't know, maybe I'm blind 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some need validation because they don't get any at home or don't feel good about themselves. I don't hand out compliments that I don't mean but when I do they're genuine and it makes me feel good to make others feel good. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know people and don't know why they do what they do.

No- I agree with you! I gush over girls all the time, but not because I’m insecure- it’s quite the opposite actually. I appreciate strength, confidence, & beauty & im not afraid to compliment someone when I see this; whether they are male or female. There are soo many beautiful people in this world- both inside & out! I think lifting others up & showing kindness shows anything but insecurity!

I like to look at butts. So, same, basically. 😁
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    When someone makes everything about them
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    I don’t really think there’s one defining behavior for insecurity. I think everyone probably exhibits it differently. When I am feeling insecure, I shut down and withdraw. I’ve been told that I can come off as unapproachable, but really I’m just in my own head.

I do this too
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I don’t really think there’s one defining behavior for insecurity. I think everyone probably exhibits it differently. When I am feeling insecure, I shut down and withdraw. I’ve been told that I can come off as unapproachable, but really I’m just in my own head.

I do this too

Me three.