30 Day Logging/Limiting Added Sugar Challenge

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    The party was ho-hum. It's the weather, more snow is on the way. 80% chance every day all next week, it took the wind out of everyone's sails including the little kids. All bundled up. The food was okay.

25 gms sugar

maxresdefault.jpg
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Today natural sugar 14 milk, yogurt, veggies
    Added sugar. 28 mostly Chobani flip. No excuses or apologies. Yogurt or a candy bar. I’m calling it a good choice.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I could not have done only 26 g added sugar yesterday (Halloween) without this challenge!

I had finished candy "for the trick or treaters" on 10/23 and when I told my neighbor this yesterday afternoon she sent her daughter over with more candy, which I successfully resisted. We just got three Spider Men. My neighbor way overbought candy.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I like this group challenge. Ayup
    11-1
    24 grams
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    We had a decent amount of trick or treaters given the cold and snow we got. I missed the earlier ones since it starts before I can get home. However, I predicted the amount needed pretty well and only have half a smallish bag left over. (Last year I had a bag plus and finished the open one over the next week and then forgot about the other -- I was afraid the candy wouldn't taste good so didn't use it.)

Anyway, I was thinking I might have some of the leftovers but didn't feel like it. I might bring the rest to this meeting I have to go to tomorrow (except that others will likely have the same idea!).
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Ack! I had 30 total sugars today. Herring is big in my family... I had brined herring and then saw how much sugar was in the brine. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Also made tofu fries and the ketchup was like liquid sugar. Darn it.
    😥

• corinasue1143
    Options
    Total today 18.7, mostly added. No fruit, hardly any veg today. I guess I’m going to the grocery store tomorrow.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Revised
    18 gr

Today, a small bird got lost and flew into the window, knocked itself out on the ground. A bird that doesn't belong in the northern country, so I brought it in and let it warm up. Well, it flew up on top of the kitchen curtain rod and sat there for a good long while. A few hours. When it was sufficiently warmed up it flew down to the sill, I opened the door and it flew away like it had a jet engine under its tail feathers. It looked like this, a little wren of some sort.

Bewicks_Wren.jpg
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    The wild, wild west. That's as close as I can get without compromising others when you live waaaay out in the country. It didn't even wait until Halloween. We always have a lorra, lorra snow in the wintertime but we're already breaking record cold temps and have almost twice the normal annual rainfall right now. Weatherman said our bizarre weather is affecting CA and those wildfires because the jet stream is spinning everything over here. They have none and we're getting it all. I do know someone who lives directly in the path of the fires and they are sitting on pins and pine needles, holding their breath.

I'm going to a Halloween Party at lunchtime and I'm wearing a costume. I'm not really sure what we're having but I'll make it work. For breakfast, the uzhe coffee. Crepes with a side of homemade marinara with a couple of Italian meatballs on top, parmesan cheese

It is Halloween and if you're holding your breath, remember to breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHenpGhCVA

Nothing like a Wyoming winter - beautiful!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!

Food prepped and diary closing for the day!
    Total sugars 12 for today from tomatoes, onions and grapes....and a wee bit of cream in my ☕️.
    😊
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    11-2

24 gms
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    11-3
    24 gms

• corinasue1143
    Options
    11-2. 7.5 natural
    20.5 added, including 2 for baked Lay’s!?! And 7 for a 6” Subway steak sandwich.
    I am really getting my eyes opened to the “hidden” sugar thing.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Options
    11.3 19 total sugars.
    Used up the herring Maatjes leftovers. That was a considerable portion of my sugar since the fishmonger used a salt and sugar brine. I’ll have to watch out for that next time!
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    The party was ho-hum. It's the weather, more snow is on the way. 80% chance every day all next week, it took the wind out of everyone's sails including the little kids. All bundled up. The food was okay.

25 gms sugar

maxresdefault.jpg

Cute costume!
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I've been having some wild dreams lately. Throwbacks to the past. Ancient astronaut theorists say it's all good. ;)

@corinasue1143 That's just from an old movie, A Christmas Story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrcDXI4cZyA
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    18 sugars today. Nearly all added.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/prediabetes.html
    It's now one in three.

Long, long before a diagnosis shows up on your doorstep, about 10 years, there are signs all along the way. There's a direct link between abnormal increased appetite which leads to the feeling you can't ever get full. As time goes on there's rarely an absence of increased hunger. It was seldom diagnosed as prediabetes or diabetes in years gone by but what's often thought of as binge eating is a precursor to diabetes.

One in three have it and don't know it. Abnormal appetite, cannot get full...that's the gateway. The sooner you can get a grip on it the better off you'll be in the years to come. Numbers don't lie, it's one in three.

You can't positive think or diet or intermittent fast it away because the hunger hormones are out of whack.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/symptoms/polyphagia.html

11-4
    24 grams

• Safari_Gal_
    Options
    Hi All

11.4 - 19 total sugars. No added sugars. I added some beets to my shake this morning. Sweet lil suckers. ☺️
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/how-one-couple-lost-more-400-pounds-ncna894101

Here's how one couple limited added sugars.

Lexi and Danny's Typical Meals

Breakfast: Eggs with turkey sausage or bacon or sometimes regular bacon
    Lunch: Chicken and broccoli
    Dinner: Blackened salmon, sweet potato, cottage cheese
    Snacks: Banana with peanut butter, fruit or nuts

No eating out
    No cheat meals
    No soda
    No alcohol