Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thinking of adding Intermittent fasting into my low carb.... I'm thinking 14/10 to start eating from 11a-9p. Does anyone have experience with IF?
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Since it's Monday, I'll follow suit and post my goals:

Height 5' 4"
    SW: 307 lbs (04/08/2019)
    CW: 226.8
    Nov Goal: 220
    GW: 160

Goals: Increase strength training to 3 days per week.
  • amlundie
    Options
    @aliciap0116 Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I do have some late nights where I don't get home from church to eat until 9ish, so I downloaded the Zero app and can start my fast right after my last meal and it will let me know when it is time to eat again.

I am a breakfast person so I anticipate mornings being rough in the beginning, but I have done fasting for spiritual reasons for much longer than this so I know it is doable.

Last night I packed breakfast for today to take to work (didn't want to smell it cooking this morning) and I think I'm just going to pack my coffee to have after the fast is broken, I like my creamer too much to give it up. Here goes day one :-)

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @amlundie you are welcome and have a great day one! It is a wonderful exercise to listen to your body; something that I had not really done before. Listen to when your body is truly ready to eat and ease into the fasting process, if you have to. I was surprised at how long I could go on some days; other days my head started buzzing and I had trouble concentrating and that was a sign to eat immediately, regardless of where I was in the fast. It becomes easier!

Here are some articles I found useful when I started:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide (and all the links)
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/intermittent-fasting-surprising-update-2018062914156
    https://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67, thanks! It was worth it. And always listen to your body, it tells you when it’s time to take a break. You don’t want to push yourself to the point of burn out. It sounds like the day off did you well.
  • amlundie
    Options
    Ate until 9:50 last night so I am in the last 40 minutes of my 14 hour fast.... I am READY for breakfast!
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 you are doing so great with the exercise! You are right- going from zero to almost everyday is a major accomplishment. Rest days are so good, too. I find myself getting rest days forced upon me because of my schedule, so that is when I take them. So I can understand how nice it is to have a planned one! Enjoy.

I tried IF about a year ago, but it didn't work great for me. I love eating breakfast right when I get up and I got really grumpy towards the end of each fast. Also with young kids I value eating together as a family, so it didn't seem to work great with my schedule. I also tended to pile on the calories in the eating window like they were going out of style! I know it works great for some people and I had hoped I would be one of them since it seemed very simple and I thought the health benefits sounded promising- but it wasn't a good fit for me. I did it for about six weeks, then acknowledged how cranky it made me. :)

Today is a rainy, stormy day where I live. I am working from home because my youngest is a little too sick for preschool. That means my treadmill is staring me down, so I have no excuse to hop on it at some point. I had a good day yesterday eating-wise and a good workout last night, so I hope to repeat this today. Tomorrow, we are starting to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday so I've got to get ready to roll. Have a great day everyone!
  • amlundie
    Options
    @shorepine I value our family dinners too so I have chosen to fast in the morning and just have a late breakfast (this is hard because I am a roll out of bed and eat right away person), which is easier schedule wise since I'm just at my desk. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes, I am sticking with low carb because it is what is best for my health. I had gestational Diabetes with all 4 or my pregnancies, lowering my carbs is just a generally good idea in my case. I don't think I will be working out while fasting, I need food in my tummy for that. I am going to try really hard not to binge during my eating window ..... I could easily see that happening. :-)

For my late breakfast I had scrambled eggs w/ cheese and pico, turkey sausage and some fresh berries. I am super proud of myself because our office had pancakes and french toast from a fancy breakfast restaurant catered in today.... I just took some of the berries and went on my merry way! #win
  • amlundie
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    An affirmation:
    I have lost 63 pounds. And that's a heckin' great accomplishment. I deserve to be happy and proud of myself for the work I've done.

A complaint:
    None of my dresses fit. My favorite fell off me! I can't replace it because that company went out of business. Sorrow. :(

Can you have it altered and taken in?
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Terytha or check out ebay, poshmark, etc! There's been a couple of pieces I'm too reluctant to part with even though they no longer fit me, and those sites have served me well!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all ;)
    I have been terrible at logging and checking in. Not self sabotage as I haven't really been overeating and I've been running a lot, but only tiny changes on the scale to show for it. I'm going to have the rest of this week to try and get back into logging, and then commit to logging every day in December. Any ideas for how I can motivate myself to do it, or anyone willing to nag me, please let me know!

In terms of IF, I do it more or less naturally. I don't eat breakfast so I have my first meal around 12.30, with tea only before that. I do have tiny amounts of milk in it, they add up to about 12 calories so I just can't imagine my body does much with it! If I don't have tea, I would eat, so it works for me. I am trying to limit my eating to nothing after 8, although sometimes dinner slips by later than that. I agree it's a lot easier on work days when the routine really helps!
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ugh..old habits came back this back week. It totally explains how I put on 3lbs! I am back on track. I need to work on adding in more exercise. that will really help

here are my stats for the month
    goal was to lose 5 lbs, after this week I didn't hit it, but I have seen what I need to do to be successful and not compromise too much.

Happy holidays all!

SW: 243
    Nov 7: 238.6 (-4.4)
    Nov 13: 237.2 (-1.2)
    Nov 19: 236.6 (-0.6)
    Nov 27: 239.9 (+3.0)
    Final loss for the month: 3.4
    First milestone: 200 lbs
    Final: 175lbs
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    amlundie wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    An affirmation:
    I have lost 63 pounds. And that's a heckin' great accomplishment. I deserve to be happy and proud of myself for the work I've done.

A complaint:
    None of my dresses fit. My favorite fell off me! I can't replace it because that company went out of business. Sorrow. :(

Can you have it altered and taken in?

Maybe. It's a weird design with a lot of elastic. I can look into it, but its probably not in the budget til next year.