Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    💜Hello, everyone! It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted on here! So sorry for not checking in. But I LOVE all the activity on this Novemeber group! You guys rock!!!

I'm moving abroad this Saturday to live in Asia for a year and the packing and running to consulates and last minute doctors' appointments and general life stress coupled with holidays has thrown me off my game.

I'm going to be posting a new December group this Friday (as the weekend is full of a 23 and a half hour commute to my new home)! I will definitely be seeing you all there! 💜

My goodness that is a big change! Good luck with your move! See you in December :-)
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    @RavenStCloud good luck with the move! Thanks so much for creating this thread, it's my favourite!
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @RavenStCloud good luck with the move! Thanks so much for creating this thread, it's my favourite!

agreed, it's the only one I check daily!
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Maybe you can find one similar or even a new favorite. Budget wise do you have any good thrift or consignment shops in your area? Keep being proud of the loss..you are doing great!

@JMNagain First thing I do in the morning is come here to check my news feed. I scroll through to read how others are doing, offer encouragement, and learn from them. Staying connected here really helps keep me motivated to do my best and also lets me know I'm not alone if my day isn't going well.

@GroverBlue78 It's great that you've looked at how you can improve on ways to meet your goals. Losing is a process and there will be goals met and goals missed. I know you can be successful.

@RavenStCloud Thank you for group. It has been such a part of my success and is my daily go to. The new move sounds exciting. Wishing you an easy transition.

@aliciap0116 Great work on exceeding your goal early and not letting those water numbers sabotage you. You've been very focused and it shows in your numbers. Take time and enjoy each delicious bite of your dessert sampler.

Tomorrow the only food I'm worried about over indulging on is Momma's dressing. I honestly don't eat most of the foods we are having. My plan is to stick with the turkey breast, green beans (not the casserole kind), and a small amount of dressing. The only dessert I care about is peanut butter pie so I will eat a tiny piece of that. The hard part is there will be left over dressing in my fridge for hubby. I want this weight loss more than I want dressing is my mantra. Our extended family Christmas when we have all the yummy finger foods will be much harder for me.

• StaceysHealthyJourney
    Options
    Love your mantra!

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels :)
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @RavenStCloud Safe travels and I hope your moves goes smoothly! Thank you again for creating this thread. I find myself coming back a couple times a day to read everyone's posts! The amount of support and inspiration is simply amazing! Looking for to December's thread as well!
    @speyerj and @Terytha I have joined you in the 63 lbs lost! Such a great feeling! I have a lot more to lose but I wouldn't thought even this was possible when I started.
    @aliciap0116 You are killing your goals! You should be proud of yourself!! I am sure you are going to push through the holiday without any real set back!
    @bluffgirl67 I have a similar game plan for Thanksgiving. I have to have some dressing. Going to measure it and enjoy it! I also plan on having a small piece of chocolate cream pie. I am trying not to stress over it too much! Peanut butter pie sounds wonderful. I'm glad I dont have that temptation! It sounds like it would be worth having to exercise for!! You have been killing the exercise!! It's inspiring!!
    @torihudson6 Listening to our bodies tell us when we are full is exactly what I am hoping I can do. It's not only painful to stuff ourselves. I always beat myself afterwards. Kind of takes away the enjoyment of having such good foods. I hope you enjoy your holiday!
    It is so nice to be able to share our thoughts, worries, successes, and our struggles with each other. I didn't know how much I needed this kind of support until I joined the September thread and have followed each one since. Looking forward to hearing how everyone fares tomorrow!!
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @ThreeReasonsToChange, welcome! From the looks of your stats you are doing great! I understand food addiction ( just writing it, not even saying it out loud) is scary. I have always struggled with food. For me it's salty, crunchy snacks. Anything from chips to popcorn, crackers. I have a hard time with portion control. Once I get started, the bag or box is gone. Even after seven months the struggle is real. Some days are easier than others. On the harder days I hop on these message boards. (This thread in particular) and find inspiration and understanding from all the wonderful ladies on here. No judging. Please feel free to add me as a friend! We are all on the journey together even if our paths are different! Have a great day!!
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @mmdeveau Thank you for sharing that! I love it! Going to go into my Thanksgiving meal with this in mind. "Every bite after the first one tastes the same." A taste of something is enough to feel like you didn't deprive yourself from partaking in the food. Then you can decide if it is indeed good enough to have more. I am cooking today so I do have more control on how things are prepared. But still so easy to overindulge. I hope you have a wonderful day!!
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @ThreeReasonsToChange I've added you! We've lost a nearly identical amount of weight so far, though I started a bit higher than you so I have quite a ways more to go. I also really struggle with food addiction. One of my real accomplishments l've noticed lately is that I can actually go to the kitchen and grab ONE cookie or ONE piece of candy, and leave it at that. A year ago I would eat half a package with lunch and finish the pack with dinner. & those jumbo muffins you can get at Costco!! I could eat 3 of them a day no issue, and those alone would be 1900 calories! It's really wild. Finding satisfaction in smaller amounts is a real work in progress.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 thanks, that's a good idea!

@RavenStCloud Oooh enjoy! Where are you going? I lived in Thailand for a few years ten years ago and loved it, am sure you will too!

Just had a great run, 10km, so now I'm going to log all my food for today (and finish logging yesterday, oops) so I'm back on track.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating today.

@RavenStCloud thanks for starting this group. It has helped me get through a struggle I have been having with my weight loss journey. I wish you the best of luck on your move.

I understand food addiction too. After almost a year of my journey I still haven’t mastered portion control, especially when it comes to junk food. I have to bring one item in or else I will eat the entire bag. Saturday was a disaster in that area, so from now on I am back to single severings of trigger foods.

@stefsc1 that is a great accomplishment!
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating and Happy Day to those who aren't.

Welcome @ThreeReasonsToChange. So glad you joined us. Congrats on all the weight you've already lost. That is awesome! I may be a tad biased but love this thread and hope you will too.

@mmdeveau "Every bite after the first tastes the same." Love this!! You are so right about Momma's dressing. It's always been my favorite. This year I think about how our time may now be limited unless she gets into a cancer trial. Every bite was much more than just tasty food. It was <3

@stefsc1 Oh those Costco muffins are so good. My fav is the chocolate chunk one. I could eat them all day too. I have a couple in the freezer from before starting to lose. I ate half of an almond one the other day and was shocked by the calories in it. I think my most tempting item there is the salted caramels. I could eat half a jar and not even bat an eye or get sick. This year I'm not buying them and just sticking to the Belgian chocolates I already have.

Seems like most of us struggle with portion control when it comes to trigger foods especially. I think logging helps me with that. If I'm thinking about eating a certain food I will look it up before eating. Then decide if it is worth it and fits into my day. One chocolate yep...the six or seven pieces I could eat and normally would Nope!

I did really well eating at Thanksgiving. Of course still over 1k in calories for lunch by my estimations but overall day will still be under goal. I ate a small amount of turkey and veggies along with best dressing lol. Then I had a small piece of the creamy yummy peanut butter pie. It feels good knowing I was able to enjoy the special to me foods and not feel like I missed out on anything. Food is the main part of our family gatherings so learning how to navigate that well for life will be key to my success.

Tomorrow is weigh in but I'm prepared mentally for a possible uptick.

• bdbjswbrb
    bdbjswbrb Posts: 32 Member
    Options

My goal was to lose 2 lbs so I am really happy right now. After such a terrible October, this month is a breath of fresh air. This group is a real inspiration.

Wow! Congratulations. What a great loss for November!