Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @GroverBlue78 & @bdbjswbrb Way to go! You passed your weight goal, now just gotta make sure to maintain, if not lose more.

@amlundie Eating low carb on Thanksgiving is definitely not impossible. You seem locked in with your diet, keep it up

@bluffgirl67 ahhh you are almost to your November goal! I think I am going to steal your plank challenge for the next month. Its something that requires no special equipment and works your core. Keep it up and meet your goal!

@torihudson6 ugh I have been the same way with exercise. Been hard to get motivated. I am also a grazer AND I cook many of the Thanksgiving dishes for the fam so I am constantly tasting the food. We need to come up with a plan so that we don't feel so overwhelmed next Thursday

@stefsc1 100lbs lost, how amazing! As someone who is trying to lose 100 pounds this was very inspiring. I see it states you started your journey in April so you did that in 9 months too! I hope to have a similar post this time next year :)

@amkita fabulous! Losing 50lbs is such an achievement, you more than doubled your initial 20 lb goal!

We have potluck today at work, I am going to eat and log everything I eat. I won't go crazy though, I came mentally prepared. I have Friendsgiving tomorrow with friends, so another day of eating/drinking. Again, logging my stuff to not go overboard. I have been real good about not eating outside my calories. Yesterday I got pollo loco for lunch and saved leftovers for dinner. My BF called me to see if I wanted some McDonalds before he came over and I declined because I already had my food. My BF is very supportive but he also likes to treat me, which I love, but I do find myself saying no more. Just because food is offered doesn't mean I need to eat it.

When are people doing their last weigh-in? Wondering if there is something set like that last day of the month or the first day of the next month?
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great posts today! Everyone is doing so well!

@sharpdust We had our work pot luck yesterday. I did ok. It's amazing how many calories everything is...and other people just pile on the food...I was like oh my god! I think I went a little over what I planned and prepared to eat, but I am still ok with how I did! I brought a vegan carrot cake and I made mashed potatoes my way. But even with picking and choosing very small portions of everything else...my calories added up to about 1500! But I ate a light breakfast and small snack and drank bunches of water and walked after the meal outside my work. So overall a good day and still under with my calories (I ate my exercise calories)

@Terytha girl, it's ok...get back on track...you are doing good...peaks and valleys...drink some water and maybe take a walk and that donut will be gone before you know it. We all have times of not making good choices believe me! Make sure you are taking care of yourself too...are you on any specific plan of eating to make sure you are staying healthy? Hang in there!

@bluffgirl67 great job on your progress! I envy you and your commitment to exercise :)

@stefsc1 look at you…what an awesome accomplishment. Very inspirational!

@torihudson6 Get right back on that wagon…we all fall off the wagon sometimes! The key is to get back on!

@bdbjswbrb Awesome week…great losses this month!

@amlundie Great mindset for Thanksgiving! I had a pot luck at my work yesterday and there was not a single vegetable! Well, green bean casserole…but we all know what’s in that! Luckily I had some salad fixins there already. I did eat my own mashed potatoes…but I am not doing the low carb thing.

Welcome to all the new people, this is an awesome thread to be a part of and keep accountability!

Speaking of, I am having a rough time of it this month! Too many events and gatherings! I am proud of myself for not gaining weight, but not much lost either. So just doing the limbo instead of the two step! Probably not going to make my November goal especially with a 10 day trip ahead of me but the plan is to eat maintenance level and bump up activity and exercise.

My goals for November were as follows:

1. Make time to exercise – I did one workout this week…better than nothing!

2. Resist my triggers - had a little slip yesterday but still stayed under calories with eating my exercise calories…so that is big for me

3. Water consumption – drank at least 64 oz. every day! (Sometimes more )

SW: 276.6
    November start weight - 253.2
    November goal – 248.2
    11/1 - 253.2
    11/8 - 251.8 (-1.4)
    11/15 - 251.4 (-0.4)
    11/22 – 251.4 (0.0 )
    11/29 -
    UGW: 160
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I forgot a few...@lindamtuck2018 hope you get to feeling better...still looks like an awesome week!

@amkita 50lbs wow! Great job! I can't wait until I can say that!
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I am here with my weekly weigh in. I lost almost 2 lbs this past week! I am feeling so good about that. I have been working hard at it and making great choices, so I am proud of myself. Provided I don't go nuts on Thanksgiving, I may just be able to meet my November goal (1.6 pounds to go) I'd really love to be below 200 when we ring in the New Year, that goal may help me stay focused on my health over the holidays.

Height 5' 10"
    SW: 210 lbs (11.10.19)
    CW: 208.5
    11/15: 208.5
    11/22: 206.6
    11/27:
    Nov Goal: 205
    GW: 165

My final Nov weigh in is going to be Wednesday, I usually do Fridays but decided that was not a great plan the day after Thanksgiving. Also, we'll be traveling and I won't have access to my scale.

It's been a wonderful Friday here, on my lunch break I went to a friend's house to meet some kittens. She is a volunteer for the animal shelter and is fostering them. They will be ready to go to new homes Christmas week and I am going to give my 4 year old daughter a kitten for Christmas! We have been wanting a housecat anyway, and my daughter has been begging me for one for a while. I thought it would be a fun Christmas present. Anyway, I didn't get my workout in because of the kitten mission, but that's okay it was worth it. I plan to try to hop on my treadmill this evening.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Potluck was great. Tons of food: Carnitas, fried chicken, lumpia, pupusas, tamales, you get the point...
    I nibbled on a little of everything, made sure to log my calories. This was my first meal of the day and topped off at about 1100 calories. I try to get below 1900 a day so I still have a few calories if I get hungry later but as of now I am stuffed and don't want to eat again lol Have a great Friday night everyone!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My 2 vegan daughters and one vegan boyfriend are coming for Thanksgiving so we will have all vegan sides plus real Turkey and gravy. Here are the vegan sides: Mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, butternut squash au gratin, roasted Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, glazed carrots, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie with coconut whip. God help me. My strategy: Eat lots of turkey. The squash, carrots, and Brussels sprouts are pretty healthy. Everything else will be limited to a small taste.

If anyone needs tips on how to "veganize" these dishes, I'll share the recipe.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @amlundie I am jealous. There is no Olive Garden in southwestern Ontario that I know of. Great job on the weight trending down.