Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust it sounds like you enjoyed yourself at the wedding at least! I'm glad you felt so good in your dress, that is always a nice feeling. Yes, food is definitely my security blanket and I am trying so, so hard to cut the connection in my head, but it is definitely a work in progress. I also noticed when I start falling into old habits it really affects my body a lot more than I ever realized, I try to tell myself that in my head when I'm tempted to eat out. You can definitely hit your 5lb goal, good luck!
  • sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @amlundie every scale needs to be calibrated to make sure the results are accurate. Is it possible your old scale was not calibrated properly? Since this one is new I would trust it, bummer about the 6 pounds but you know you didn't gain 6 pounds! I think I'm gonna add a fancy scale like yours to my xmas wish list because of the fat percentage reading.

@torihudson6 Same here! Sounds like we are emotional eaters. I am also working on that as well
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    amlundie wrote: »
    I don't know if I mentioned this already but my new scale weighs me about 6 lbs heavier than my old one.... a little frustrating but this is the scale i am keeping so I'm just gonna go with it. Currently my scale shows 52.4 % body fat.... which sadly is what I was figuring. It is a staggering thing to realize more than HALF of your body is FAT.... oh well can't go back just gotta move forward and do better!

If it makes you feel better, scales are extremely inaccurate at measuring body fat, to the point that the number it spits out is next to useless.

I've been at 45% this whole time despite losing 60 lbs and like 4 inches.

thanks, I appreciate that.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @amlundie The digital ones can be tricky. You may need to go through a process to calibrate the new one as well. Compare it to a third scale to break the tie if you can! 6 lbs is a big difference but at least you didn't actually gain that!
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For my scale, I just weighed an unopened box of cat litter on it and realized it was off (reading heavier) by .9 lbs. So I subtract that from the reading I get each week. I wouldn't trust any body fat reading a scale gives... I think the only way to get that reading accurately is to use more advanced methods like hydrostatic body composition analysis.
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67 I haven't yet, I need to have a new package of something to weigh first. I will test it out once I have something to test with :-)
  • sharpdust
    Options
    @aliciap0116 Wow great job! The part where you talked about the small tangible goals as well as allowing yourself to live for special occasions resonated with me. I know I have self-sabotaged in the past by making my goals too restrictive or ambitious. Keep up the good work, you are so close to your goal, I'm confident you will make it!

So its not my official weigh in day but I did weigh myself and the scale went from 290.1 to 288 this morning putting me at -3.2lbs. A lot of that gain appears to be water weight from the wedding/weekend. I have 2 more weigh-ins left this month, one on Monday and one on Saturday for the final weigh-in of the month. We got this ladies! <3
  • sharpdust
    Options
    @torihudson6 its moving in the right direction :) Looking at your mid-month goal check, you have been exercising and drinking water so kudos for that. I especially like the last goal of being nicer to yourself, so much easier said than done.

@mhudson0328 Welcome! It seems like many of us have similar stories about losing weight and then gaining it back. You've come to the right place :)