Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then the total gym will be moving next to the elliptical. Thanks for helping me with that decision. Hubby should be able to bring it in Wed/Thur. I know the card/book things are still with it so I will look those over and start on Sat. My week is pretty full so sticking with what I know until the weekend is probably best.

@sharpdust Have fun at the wedding. I remember when I was bridesmaid in my bil's wedding. At the time I weighed about 170 so about 39lbs less than now. I too hated going for the dress since the other girls were all much smaller. Instead of enjoying the chance to dress up I worried about how I looked. Don't be me. Dress up, dance, and have a blast!

@ellaroberts57 I think working on our mental self is key to success. We are best or worse cheerleaders. Doing exercise activity with your son is a great idea. Welcome aboard.

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I felt really proud of myself, I was in the grocery store and ALMOST bought some cake I definitely didn’t need. It was one of those mini cakes, I picked it up and put it in my cart, but when I started checking out I put it back. In the past, I would’ve bought it and ate it all in one sitting. Since I know I don’t have that self control yet, I put it back and just bought what I came in for. It was such an accomplishment, I felt amazing. I knew everyone on here would understand :)

I’ve decided to stay off the scale for a little bit while I’m adjusting to my strength training because seeing the number up just demotivates me even though I know I’ve lost inches. I only did 2/3 workouts this week, so I need to really do 3/3 just to show myself I can. Happy Monday everyone!

Well done putting the cake back!
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust, thank you! I am also trying to break the mindset of seeing food as a "reward" because then I also do the same where I'm like "well, I deserve this I've had a good/bad/rough week" or whatever excuse I tell myself. I agree that that means we take some of the power back when we can just see food as food and not some special treat.

@bluffgirl67 thanks! It felt really good, one step at a time.

@stefsc1 good job! You handled the situation really well, especially when temptation was literally all around you.

@HurleyHurley great job forgiving yourself, I am also the same way where if I mess up once I just let myself spiral. I am trying to be more forgiving to myself as well, this is a journey, of course we might slip up along the way, but as long as we can snap back to it, we can do it.
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @stefsc1 You did a wonderful job of not letting the stress cause you to overeat esp with being surrounded by food while in the situation. Enjoy your time off and replenish yourself both physically and mentally.

@Terytha You were in a hard place to stay focused plus have access so completely understandable. I bet some is water weight from the traveling. Now you can put the focus back on doing what works for you and move forward. You got this.

@sharpdust I know you can reach your hiking goal. Plan them out with an alternate plan because well life happens ya know. You've come a long way and are over half done.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well, this past week hasn't gone so well. Came down with the cold that's been going around my workplace and today started my period, which is early. So basically I've been laying around a lot not feeling well while also craving bad foods. Ha. On the plus side, I have resisted the temptation to order pizza and have instead eaten some healthier foods I have in the house. Just wish I hadn't bought the Costco container of dark chocolate sea salt caramels on Friday... got them to bring into work and then I got sick so I've been living with them and they are so hard to resist!