Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    @terytha Hope you are able to work in some fun during the trip, not just do the obligation and split! Maybe go kayaking or hiking? Hit the farmers markets this weekend? If you have time in Seattle, go to the Chihuly Garden/museum? Enjoy your trip!!
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @cory17, I think we will be pretty busy with the funeral and organizing of stuff, assuming we get there. Currently stranded in Spokane. Very stressful. Haven't eaten all day and all that's here is a friggin Starbucks. -_-

you can make some good choices there, I love their egg bites!
  • HurleyHurley
    HurleyHurley Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @speyerj, Congratulations on your big six-oh today! That is simply wonderful and I applaud you. That seems so far away, but so inspiring to see others do it. Gives me something to shoot for. When I was a kid, I do know I could climb up and hang from my legs from the monkey bars, but I don't really remember ever just swinging across. Something tells me that wasn't a thing for me, either. We can add that to the pull up goal!

Made my goal of 3 gym visits this week, 1 down, 103 to go (I've self-prescribed a 2 year gym plan to help me get down under 200, preferably closer to my ultimate goal). I am sore, jelly legged, and beat right now. Dragged my not-morning-person behind out of bed this am and to the gym for the 9 am class. This class was a similar format to previous, but seemed to be higher handed on the strength training this time around. I had to alter a couple of the activities for my size and to protect my knee, but felt better with the strength activities. I'm a pretty heavily muscled individual under the winter weight, and have always found brute strength easier than cardio. I'm going to be a sore little puppy over the next couple days, I can guarantee.

Left the gym after a great shower (they really do have a nice shower room) and headed to Fleet Farm to pick up feed for my chickens, bedding, and winterizing supplies since Wisconsin decided to become January in November this year. It's nice out today, so today was the day to winterize. I know I'm going to be sore, so figured better get this done before that sets in. Came home and dragged my tookus through cleaning out the coop, getting a new water stock tank and heater in place, filled the feed bins with a couple hundred pounds of feed, plugged in the heat lamp, and admired my ladies happily scratching about in their outdoor coop where I layered the used shavings over the thawing mud. The girls don't know what to do with themselves, so many choices, fresh food, fresh bedding, deep bedding in the outdoor pen to tear up, what's a chook to do? Looking at the weather forecast, it was a good thing this got done today, this week is going to be coooooold. Don't want frozen eggs!

At any rate, I've dragged my tired legs up the stairs and think it's time for a rest.

I wish everyone a good weekend and thank you for the friend invites.
  • zericksen
    zericksen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! i have enjoyed reading everyone's post. I am curious what is your go to breakfast? I do best when I eat a high protein breakfast. My go to is either scrambled eggs w/fresh spinach, hard boiled egg or protein drink. I am looking for some variety, any ideas?
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @stefsc1 Congrats on your new clothes..that is a serious drop in sizes. You have been and are doing awesome!!
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    zericksen wrote: »
    Good Morning! i have enjoyed reading everyone's post. I am curious what is your go to breakfast? I do best when I eat a high protein breakfast. My go to is either scrambled eggs w/fresh spinach, hard boiled egg or protein drink. I am looking for some variety, any ideas?

I have never been a breakfast person so actually eating early has been difficult. Mine is basically the same as yours. I do a spinach omelette with cheese and sometimes add in crumbled bacon or ham. I'm also a fan of leftovers from the previous night's supper. I wish I liked oatmeal but there is something about the texture I can't tolerate very often.

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast almost every day. I make an open face breakfast sandwich (two halves) with what's below. Sometimes I'll add a slice of ham or cheese to each. Calories: 350ish Protein: 16g

1 egg (over-easy)
    1 egg white (over-easy)
    1 toasted whole wheat English muffin
    1 tbsp I can't believe it's not butter
    1 serving of fruit
    2 Vitamins (Women's 1 A Day & Vitamin D)