Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Breathe deep and plan what you can control. My extended family sounds like yours and we all live very close to each other. Thankfully we only do a big shindig at Christmas. I can hold my tongue for a day at least. Do some meditation to help relieve stress. Jump in the bath or shower for a mini escape. Think about how exciting coming home will be.

When it comes to the food available make the best possible choices and watch portion size. If it is a big dinner maybe you could eat small amounts of special foods that you don't normally have throughout the year. For me that would be Momma's dressing whereas mac/cheese is yummy but not a rare special occasion food. Bring along some healthy snacks that you enjoy and if possible even some daily foods or prep meals you like. If your family is like mine and would think that is weird/make jokes to heck with them. Your well being isn't about them but doing what is best for you!

For exercise go for a walk and a bonus benefit is getting away from people you really don't want to be around. If you will be in your own room do a youtube video of whatever you enjoy and can do easily in the space. I don't know your routine but bands/dumbbells would be easy to bring along.

Take everything one day, one hour, and one minute at a time. You can do it! hugs
  • bluffgirl67
    bluffgirl67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Terytha I'm sorry for your loss and that the visit is for a funeral. I was thinking early holiday visit. Being in a hotel will definitely complicate things. I don't really travel much so have no tips to help with that esp since my journey is so new. Maybe you can still do some no equipment videos , yoga, and meditation. Every little bit will help and no matter what don't beat yourself about any set backs that may occur.
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @bluffgirl67

I can't bring anything since we're flying from Canada. Our hotel room doesn't even have a fridge or anything since we got the cheapest one we could find. I don't know if I'll be able to walk around much. I don't know the area or how safe it is, I've never been there before.

Funerals are the worst. When I die, its gonna be in my will that everyone have a party with loud music and drinking games or something, and black clothes will be strictly forbidden.

where are you traveling to?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    amlundie wrote: »
    @bluffgirl67

I can't bring anything since we're flying from Canada. Our hotel room doesn't even have a fridge or anything since we got the cheapest one we could find. I don't know if I'll be able to walk around much. I don't know the area or how safe it is, I've never been there before.

Funerals are the worst. When I die, its gonna be in my will that everyone have a party with loud music and drinking games or something, and black clothes will be strictly forbidden.

Oak Harbor. Flying to Seattle then renting a car.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

SW 262.8
    CW 215.
    UGW 140.0

11/8 211.0
    11/15
    11/22
    11/29

Weekly Goals
    - go to bed before I get super drowsy ✔️
    - get at least 8500 steps a day✔️
    - do a YouTube workout video x 2 a week ✔️
    - Log everything ✔️

I am really pleased with the weight loss this week. I fought the hunger urges from the meds and I hope that I can continue to keep that up. My November goal was 2 pounds but I am afraid to put a number on the month.

Great work! I love your goal of going to bed before you get drowsy. I have the habit of falling asleep on the couch, then waking up an hour later to go to bed. The few times I do just go to bed, I still wake up at that time. Sleep is one of the weird things I can't seem to make better, regardless of weight loss, less alcohol, or all of the tips you get trying to sleep more soundly.
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    amlundie wrote: »
    @bluffgirl67

Oak Harbor. Flying to Seattle then renting a car.

I am not familiar with that area, I hope you trip goes smoothly and is an enjoyable as it can be in this situation. Sorry for your loss, hugs!