Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Results This Week:

✔️Cardio 5x a week
    ✔️ Strength 3x a week
    ❌ Eat at/under calorie limit 6 out of 7 days

Only 4/7 days. My food intake wasn't terrible this week and I definitely cut back on the carbs. I didn't have any candy on Halloween either! So I'm not super disappointed.

Same goals for next week!

way to go!
  • amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    MomtoFran wrote: »
    Hello,
    I would love to join.
    SW: 205.6
    CW: 203
    November GW: 188
    GW: 150

welcome!
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CLAWSMITH wrote: »
    I'd like to join! This is my 3rd time losing a significant amount of weight, but my first time since I became a parent, and it's so much harder! I could use the extra motivation, especially with the holidays coming up.

H: 5'10"
    SW: 275
    CW: 248
    GW1: 199 then reevaluate

November Goals:
    *Drink at least 8 cups of water per day
    *Eat more slowly & mindfully
    *Go to bed before 11 pm every night
    *Come up with a plan to survive Thanksgiving

Welcome! I feel like we have a lot in common! This was my second time losing after a kid but first time trying to get back to a normal level and I started around the same weight after the first one. I think your goals are great! Sleep is so important. What kind of strategies are you thinking as far as Thanksgiving? We will be doing a quiet at home probably no family visiting one, so I can really control everything. I'm great with that.
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to our new people!
    So the weather is getting colder and that means for me struggling with feeling slowed down.
    I used to get depressed in the Winter but have figured out ways to cope. But it feels like my body is trying to go into hibernation! I have urges to eat a lot of carbs and take naps. Logging everything helps but now we have the Holidays and so many tempting treats (and stress!).
    I am trying to picture myself in January without gaining weight this year.

I feel this in my soul! My body wants more food and more treats are showing up in the office. It's hard to make that conscious choice to avoid touching it, but I feel like every time I do, it's easier the next time.
  • CLAWSMITH
    CLAWSMITH Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @beccaxsos Thanks!

Both sets of grandparents live pretty close, so we end up celebrating Thanksgiving twice. (But on different days.)

My weight loss attempts only succeed when I don't ban myself from eating certain things, because I always end up caving and it derails everything.

I think eating slower will help, and just taking smaller portions. I won't eat mashed potatoes or foods that aren't "special".

And maybe I'll chew gum at my in-law's because everyone just sits around the table and plays games for HOURS before the meal. And there are tons of snacks just sitting there. I can't mindlessly eat them if I have gum though.
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @bluffgirl67

Thank you, I appreciate hearing that :) We all have to start somewhere and it's more important to focus on myself and my improvements.