Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• sharpdust
    sharpdust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @mmccloy12 Don't apologize for venting! That's the whole point of this group, so you have a space to talk about weight loss, good or bad. I can sense the anxiety in your post. Its ok to feel overwhelmed and I totally understand where you anxiety is coming from. You've worked so hard and you don't want to see that progress go away after the 10 days. Have you thought of upping your calories (not sure if you are counting) to maintenance so you allow yourself a little more leeway with food but still logging to not go super over? Its a way compromise and still enjoy your trip, but logging everything will somewhat keep you accountable. I hope you do go on that trip and have a great time. We are all here trying to lose weight but we still need to live. That doesn't mean eating a whole pizza. If you do gain a bit its not the end of the world, you can lose it again. Not sure if I helped at all, but I hear you and your concerns.
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @sharpdust Thank you! I appreciate you and your suggestions!! I always feel bad about being the Debbie downer :D I have always had anxiety and I journal every night to get it out of my head...but putting it on here I know there are people going through the same things I am and can relate and that makes it somehow better for me! Holy run on sentence...lol

I do log my meals...I am pretty good about it. I will definitely be logging good or bad. I have not thought about upping my calorie goal...that may make it less discouraging. I am still going on my trip...just wish it didn't involve so much planning to avoid gaining lots of pounds!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I've had this migraine for three days. D:

My boss gave me the company card and sent me out to buy 800 Lindor chocolates today. That's so much. Over 6 kg of chocolate. Nobody would have noticed if I took one... lol. I did not.

I did, however, get a California roll at Superstore since I was there. They handily label them now, so the one I had was 280 calories. Not bad! Pretty tasty. I love it when calorie info is easy to find.

Update: it wasn't enough chocolate. I must buy 6 more boxes.

Christmas is way, way harder to deal with than Halloween, chocolate-wise.
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 glad you are having a good week! It feels so good when you had a goal to accomplish and you make it happen, doesn't it? I think cardio especially, because not only do you get the satisfaction and pride but you also get the happy endorphins.

@mmccloy12 I'm sorry you are having anxiety about your trip. I can relate to much of your post! I have a trip next week for the Thanksgiving holiday that I am nervous about too- because I'm afraid I'll overdo it on food. I also am a working mom and I HATE getting up early to exercise. I just decided I don't do that, it's never been something that will fit with my life and I refuse to feel guilty about it. I try to jog or walk on my lunch break at work, can you do that? My kids are littler but my 7 year old is up for running with me now, only it's a different kind of running, more like intense stop-go-stop and then exploration of something on the trail. We do that sometimes after work but if the days are too short (like they are now), I try to do something before bed. I'm more of an evening person than a morning person. I just bought a used treadmill and I highly recommend that if you have room. I decided I would just put it smack in my living room, and then I can hang out with my kids while I exercise-- no guilt! Anyway, find what works for you and don't try to adopt habits that just don't fit your life. You are doing great! It's Thanksgiving after all, the important thing is to enjoy family and it sounds like you can get lots of walking in, too.

As for me, I am traveling for work right now and away from my scale so I can't compulsively weigh myself all the time, which I admit to doing. I am a daily weigher because I find it helps me stay on track, at least for now. Once I inch closer to my goal I'll probably chill out on that a bit. My weigh in day is Friday. I think I'm going to weigh in on Wednesday next week to finish out the month so I don't have to climb onto the scale the day after Thanksgiving, now that's just cruel. :)
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ha. I just realized that I have been walking past my gym for the last two weeks, a block over, and I thought it was so much further away than it actually is. So...now for my new goal...bringing a workout bag tomorrow and trying to lift after walking to the gym.
    I feel so silly.
    Also was beating myself up because I saw a recent picture of myself and hate the way I look. I guess there is no way to go but forward.
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @gruiz21 Welcome! You have come to a wonderful group here! Everyone is so kind and supportive of one another! I look forward to reading everyone's post to keep me going especially on the hard days!
    It's a great idea to focus on small goals as looking at the long picture can be discouraging. SW stands for starting weight.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! It's so nice to have support from people who have like goals and understand the struggles. You can do this! We can do this!
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @Raptor_Romantic I definitely find I have to log every day and every meal. Being consistent is for me means accountability. I feel like even if I cant or dont feel up to exercising on a particular day I can at the very least be in control of what I put in my mouth! 😁 Log the good and the bad.
    Slow weight loss is healthy weight loss! I have to tell myself on weeks when the scale barely moves. Some days it feels like 2 steps forward, one step back but if we stay the course we will get to our goals!
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @Stacivogue Trying is the key of success! It sounds like you are in a nice place to get some outdoor activity in! Even a little is better than none at all. Each day I have to make myself do a little more, move more. Hoping I will get to a point where it's a habit and I dont have to make myself do it. I am a little scale obsessed. I step on mine every morning, then try not to get upset if it shows a slight gain. Ps. You get to poop at work?? So jealous. I am lucky to sneak a pee break in! Lol!
  • Candyn617
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @aliciap0116 Way to go on getting back to the gym! That is awesome! Getting the exercise in seems to be my biggest challenge. I feel like most days I have my eating in control but I know as I continue on this journey I have to get moving. I set small goals because when I look at how much I want to lose its overwhelming. I really appreciate you and every one here in this group.
    So supportive and inspiring!!
  • shorepine
    shorepine Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @Stacivogue that is how I am too. And yeah I want to find the little dips! If I weigh myself only once a week and it's a high day it's not fair. I think as long as I don't beat myself up over the normal ups and downs, its ok.
  • Candyn617
    Options
    @shorepine I love that your 7 year old is up to running with you! How sweet! I also am more of a night person. Getting up earlier to exercise after not getting a good night or full night of sleep just doesn't happen for me. I work on my feet all day and usually 10 hour shifts so when I do get home I usually have to force myself to get the exercise in. But I am always glad when I do! I admit to being a daily weigher but I try not to get too crazy if it shows a slight increase. I only log my weight once a week so I know how it goes up and down but it's nice when you see it moving downward! 😁
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well - I had a pretty good week of it (my week typically runs Wed pm through Wednesday am for weigh ins. I had 6 days out of 7 days pretty much hit were I wanted to be, and made it to swimming a couple of times. I've hit my November goal of 195 (ok 195.3) (not an overall drop because it was countering my vaca gain when I had reached 193.5 low at the end of September but I'm getting there). I felt thinner yesterday in my jeans. All my winter sweaters are fitting me great (oversized for layering now), really eyeing the next 5 lbs loss to get into the upper 180's.......a number I have not seen in 13 years..... I am craving hotwings and chunky blue cheese big time, but I will save that reward for when I get into the 180s.....probably closer to the end of dec. Its bad to have food as a reward, but it does motivate me to stick to the calories.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @aliciap0116 i love scones too. Good job avoiding the scone. I've been tracking my sleep with fitbit and it really helps. when i think i dont get enough sleep I look and it usually tells me I've actually had about 6 hours, which psychologically makes it easier the next day at work. This week I had one night where I really couldn't sleep and I got about 2 hours, and that sucked. One more day until I get to sleep in on the weekend!

I'm happy that i made it to the gym, but bummed out that the pool is being redone until December 17th. But I guess I can lift there? Anyway, I've got a gigantic jogbra from lane bryant (($$$$ but I guess it's a feat of engineering) and my goal is to make it to the gym tonight and lift. Hopefully I get out of work at a decent time today.