Women 200lb+, Let's Make No Excuses This November!!!

Options

Replies

• amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SW: 263
    GW: 163
    10/30: 217.4
    11/8: 216.3 (-1.1)
    11/15: 214.5 (-2.9)

other goals:
    -get in bike rides when I can
    biking has been waaaaay down, more due to snow (where'd fall go?!) than cold. I don't trust my balance on icy/slushy patches and I'd rather not fall. I biked in to work today though! and tomorrow I'm doing a bike ride scavenger hunt to find constable food items. fun!

-get walking in if biking isn't happening
    didn't do well on this last week, but I stepped it up this week. I'm going to work in some planned walks next week.

-add strength exercises back in
    haven't done this at all, but! I purchased an exercise mat to help with floor moves (I have hardwood floors). I'm going to schedule in at least one session next week.

November goal is 210. not sure I'll hit it, but keeping a downward trend even though my daily biking level went down.is encouraging. 😃

• aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I wanted to share a yummy recipe I made last week; it checked the boxes for healthy and comfort food, especially in this cold weather!

Ingredients for two servings: Two zucchini, one chicken breast (cooked), 1 cup low fat/ nonfat mozzarella, 2 cups spaghetti sauce (I like Rao's marinara because it is lower in sugar)

Pre-heat the oven to 400. Cut the zucchini lengthwise, scoop out the middles with a melon baller to make zucchini "boats." Set aside boats. Chop the zucchini middles, and then saute it with spray oil for about 3 minutes. Chop the chicken breast into small pieces, add it to the cooked zucchini, and mix in 1-1/2 cups of the spaghetti sauce.

In small baking dish, spread the remaining 1/2 cup sauce on the bottom of the pan, add the zucchini "boats," and fill the boats with the zucchini middle/chicken/sauce mix. Then top with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes.

That's it! I had some leftover farro from another meal and added it into the zucchini/chicken/sauce mix, which added extra texture.

I would love to hear about your favorite healthy meals! Have a great weekend, everyone.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @amlundie - Great plan to focus on milestones other than the scale!

I have a Fitbit scale and like it very much, although occasionally it needs to be re-calibrated (when it is out of whack the weight will vary by up to 2 lbs within a minute or two of re-weighing). Mine is old though and I think the new ones are much better.

Also, I'm not familiar with MFP's measurement tracker, but I love the Progress Body Tracker & Health, Progress Pro app. You enter measurements for about 10 different body parts and "upload" front, side, and back photos. I say "upload" because they actually stay on your phone, which is nice. The app calculates how many inches you have lost overall and lets you compare photos side-by-side. That has been inspiring for me; I've lost 10.75 inches so far but my body fat percentage only changed 1% (but I have not been strength training).

You've got this!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

SW: 288 End of March 2019
    CW: 228.8
    GW: 144? Mainly to get to a normal BMI and then will determine where I need to be. I am 5'4".
    11/1: 228.8
    11/8: 226
    11/15: 224.8
    11/22:
    11/29: