WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Really tired tonight, didn't sleep well last night (or at least long enough). Have skimmed through the posts, but brain isn't clicking too well!

Sorry several of you are going through difficulties of various types with family. Illness of any sort is difficult to deal with. Family drama and pot stirrers I can do without. I stay away from them as much as I can.

Machka-I did look at some of the passwords-happy I didn't see any of mine in the first ten pages. Technology can be very good, but parts of it are indeed scary. At work I have access to information on a huge number of people in the state. We take people getting into records there is not a business reason very seriously and swiftly.

Thanksgiving at church yesterday went very well. Two new ladies headed up the group and they did a bang up job. Lots of good side dishes and deserts were brought in. I limited my selections, but did fit in a piece of homemade carrot cake. We have a Thanksgiving potluck at work this Thursday for part of our group. Just seems to be the time of the year where I have to balance my choices. Am running a bit of deficit in between the lunch days so hopefully that and using some common eating sense will work.

Need to go get some things ready for tomorrow and I am going into bed early to watch a bit of tv and get a better sleep tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    $2.20 each many had tags on
    ns9q4jqzw11u.jpeg
    0ps4gqiwbcz7.jpeg
    0r3s7evu2d6g.jpeg
    3yinf6ijlxqu.jpeg
    3jau3u4g5mqb.jpeg
    56sbv6wd6h3z.jpeg

Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Odd, and rather amusing, end of the night for me ...

As morning approached, I fell into a really deep sleep and began to dream. I had entered a contest ... and won! I had my choice of about half a dozen prizes and after looking them all over, I chose what I thought would be the best one ... a collection of 4000 CDs!! And I could choose those 4000 CDs from a much larger list.

I had just begun and, for whatever reason, had selected a Blondie CD as my first choice. I was mulling over my second choice when my husband's voice broke into the dream. I wished he would just say, "Let's get this one" but it was more like "Hi Sweetheart!" ................

And then I emerged from the dream. I had slept right through my alarm and he was waking me up for work.

I know CDs aren't the thing anymore, but I wouldn't mind being able to choose 4000 of them. :):)

Only, I'm not sure that a Blondie CD would be my first choice. :neutral:

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.06min, 137mhr, 11.4amph, 1.53mi= 91c
    apple watch- 63c
    0 RUNNER- 40min, 9.40min mi, 117ahr, 146mhr, lvl9, 10h, 108c, 40l, 4.20mi= 332c
    apple watch- 243c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.46min, 136mhr, 15.3mph, 1.47mi= 63c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 17.26min, 145mhr, 10.5amph, 3.04mi= 187c
    apple watch- 104c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.19min, 150mhr, 10min mi, .53mi= 77c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.26min, 9.39min mi, 149mhr, .46mi= 67c
    apple watch- 48c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.23min, 7.2amph, 145mhr, 2.55mi= 215c
    apple watch- 131c

total cal 1032
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Amber - great shopping

Meg - so very sorry about your friend

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Meg,sorry about your friend.
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Not much going on here. I am getting frustrated with my meals. It seems like no matter what I do I go over my limits. Sometimes it is only 10 or 20 calories but I have seen it go over 500 calories. I do measure and weigh my stuff but not religiously. I'm getting better. I was at my son's today and never went near the snack cupboard. How long did it take you to get a hang of measuring and weighing?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Maritill wrote: »
    Good evening. Not much going on here. I am getting frustrated with my meals. It seems like no matter what I do I go over my limits. Sometimes it is only 10 or 20 calories but I have seen it go over 500 calories. I do measure and weigh my stuff but not religiously. I'm getting better. I was at my son's today and never went near the snack cupboard. How long did it take you to get a hang of measuring and weighing?

Do you exercise? I find that gives me some room to play with.

Also, do you pre-log? I have often pre-logged a day or two in advance, and that way I know what I've got to work with.

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Weight is up.
    Tracked yesterday. I put 1000 net (leaving a 200 bankable for splurges). And tracked estimate of steps and scooter riding (180 c) and went 600 over.

I had a big dish of frozen leeks with a T. of parmesan gomasio cumin and black pepper. That used to be my one of my main evening go to when tight in calories a few years back. it worked well then.

I slept the night through without waking much. That's good. I think the dinner of veggies helped for a good night's sleep.
    Off to work.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I sent personals yesterday evening and don't find them ! arg!
    I did read through and answer. lost in the web.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    tried packing a measly lunch: carrot pc of 1 oz of cheese apple half slice of raisin bread apple sauce and flavored soy yogurt. need more volume of veggies to make it palatable but no time to prep.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Did the Monday plan, but combed Tumble instead of walking her so still short on steps. Too tired to eat yoghurt nighttime snack, will be low on protein, but better CI<CO. Tomorrow will be burn barrel, then if still misty, lasagna, salad and 2 glasses of red wine.

Walked into the theater to find my Pastor and his wife sitting in the row behind us. Oops, busted! Lots of laughter and joking but next Sunday won't let myself fall down the internet rabbit hole.

Gratitudes Day #4 food: Fage Greek Yoghurt Day # 5 sound: Joe snoring.

Thanks Machka, I'll check out those sites tomorrow after I've had at least two cups of tea ;)
    Thanks pip! Will order one for Tumble, she gets so wet and muddy. Will wait til Shadow grows a bit more, her legs are so long her underbelly doesn't seem to get wet.
    Margaret prayers for your son and for you.
    Lanette guessing Shadow will be tall GSD sized, her legs are long but her paws are not huge. There is another big moving box of dog dollies in the garage. When we lived in Nampa the thrift store there sold stuffed animals for ten cents apiece, Joe brought them home by the bagful. Haven't figured out yet how to teach Shadow and Tumble to put their toys back in the mesh basket. Hoping BB&B continues to improve my balance, many trip hazards there... ;) Just requested Shakespeare and Hathaway season 1 from our library, thanks!
    Terewilliams welcome back and congrats both on the job and the lightening!
    Michele 6 years SMH! Reminds me to give a followup call to the electrician our 6 weeks are almost up... ;)
    Katla sending good thoughts for your GS's quick diagnosis of something easily treatable.
    Carol “Cookie monster” LOL!
    Amber 4 sizes WOW! And how brave JR is to go up onto that high platform!
    Welcome back Meg and (((hugs))) for the loss of your friend.
    Rebecca ((hugs)) know it's hard but think you're wise to drop the official stuff.
    Barbie love the pic of Sasha, Bernie and Bessie.
    Julie your leeks sound delicious!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=4120 vits=16.5 log=18 CI<CO=16, CI<250<CO=7 Tumble=12 mfp=17 AF=13
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I've adjusted this to be in step with everyone else 😂

🎄🤶 Gratitude for Christmas 🎅🏻🎄
    #1, 15 Nov: Scents: loved the smell of the roses I put into my Floral arrangement
    #2, 16 Nov:Technology: Glad that I had my car and didn’t have to stand in the cold waiting for a bus
    #3, 17 Nov: Colour: the colour of the beautiful sunset as I walked home in the late afternoon
    z8iz97lle1ip.jpg
    #4, 18 Nov: Food: Fresh produce form my own garden ..... or ....... Chocolate! 🍫 My ultimate comfort food
    #5, 19 Nov: Sound: I'm grateful for the sound of DH moving about downstairs. It's very comforting.

Meg: Welcome back. So sorry about your friend. (((Hugs))) Dealing with an intestate estate is a nightmare. But you're one day roll is a victory to build on.
    Amber: 👍🏻 Looks like you got some good bargains.

I have Patchwork this morning. I'm working on a festive door ring. I'll post a photo when I'm done! I have one out of the 12 components completed and the others are all marked up ready to sew this morning.

Will check back later.

☘️ Terri