WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Early Christmas decorations.

I don't usually decorate this early, but thought I'd try this. I have a collection of vases on the table which have clear lights in them. I find them relaxing late in the evening. My vases of light, ABC classical on the radio and a cup of tea ...

As I wandered through some of the shops I saw the beads and coloured lights and wondered how it would look if I put red and gold beads and coloured lights in my vases. So I've done exactly that with a couple of them ...

Machka in Oz

Machka - We must be on the same wavelength. I was just considering pulling out a few Christmas decorations. I decided I would wait until after Thanksgiving, but will be organizing the decoration boxes for easier access. :smile:

The addition of color is beautiful and is something you can do year round for a different look.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Early Christmas decorations.

I don't usually decorate this early, but thought I'd try this. I have a collection of vases on the table which have clear lights in them. I find them relaxing late in the evening. My vases of light, ABC classical on the radio and a cup of tea ...

As I wandered through some of the shops I saw the beads and coloured lights and wondered how it would look if I put red and gold beads and coloured lights in my vases. So I've done exactly that with a couple of them ...

Machka in Oz

Machka - We must be on the same wavelength. I was just considering pulling out a few Christmas decorations. I decided I would wait until after Thanksgiving, but will be organizing the decoration boxes for easier access. :smile:

The addition of color is beautiful and is something you can do year round for a different look.

I am thinking of seeing if I can find somewhat more translucent beads ... that might be effective too.

I pick up these little strings of lights for $2. They take batteries, but because they're LED, they last quite a while. So far they've got warm white, cool white and multicolour, but maybe they'll get all blue or blue and green or something eventually. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. I won't suggest that we do it again this year, but it is still something to keep in mind as we go into the holiday season. :)

mozs13csyrr4.png
    Machka in Oz

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Feel free to participate, if you want. :)

Machka in Oz

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Machka in Oz

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sunday --

Slept in. I was very tired from Saturday's adventures. We went shopping and picked up a few things, mainly for the garden.

When we got home, I did not feel well for a while but came good and decided to go downstairs and walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. That was a lot more difficult than I had anticipated!! My legs felt like lead. And I nodded off during Midsommer Murders a couple times, while trying to place my grocery order!

My Dr, on Friday, did tell me that it would take a month for my medication to clear my system AND I also got the first shot of a 2-shot set of measles vax which she said may give me very mild measles symptoms. So I don't know ... tiredness in general + the spider bite medication + the measles vax. Possibly not the best combo.

Machka in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Machka - I pulled out a few Christmas decorations yesterday as well. Hubs is in fact off today and will pull the boxes off the shelves in the shop for me so I can continue at my leisure.

Allie - I am a Christmas movie junkie. I watch them all. I record the new ones and watch them as I can. So far I have kept up, but I know I'll fall behind and be watching them into January.

Happy Sunday Ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • FiddleKenna
    FiddleKenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All, new to this group..... I am just getting back into the swing of things. I have not done any holiday decorating. Christmas is not my holiday so while I love driving around and seeing everyone elses lights and decorations I am quite glad I don't have the pressure of doing that. That having been said I just bought tickets to a Christmas concert and we do have a xmas party to go to ..... so I will partake in some of it.

So ... I hope you all don't mind me barging in....
    From under the Ancient Oak
    Kenna
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    One of the things I loved about my dinner yesterday was that I had various string lights (fairy lights UK) lit in the living room and dining room. We have a set permanently on the mantelpiece, which are plug in, and then I arranged battery heart ones in the dining room. Real candle on the table and my new LED ones flickering away in the fireplace. They are so good when lit, but a bit rubbish when not. Lighting is so key for creating atmosphere. :D<3 My DH seems to be immune though. We always disagree about lighting levels and I refuse to have a central light on.

Barbara - Thank you for posting your video of the dogs. How do you post one? It was lovely to hear your voice. You sound really young! For some reason I had imagined it deeper!!! I love to hear your voices. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Heather you remind me it is time to clear out the cookies again. I need to be better after I look for something on line to do it again. You are right that is the scary part about giving out information to the information about you. For me I rarely fill out a survey.

I will share some personal info about me on this site and in other situations if I think it will help others. I am on Facebook but I have no personal info on that site. I even took off my birthday. Unfortunately if one of your friend gets hacked and you friend the imposter they get whatever personal info you have on your profile. It is true here to. If you do not set your privacy setting anyone can look at your profile page.
  • vermontrebecca6929
    Options
    Machka—thank you for role modeling that we need to take care of our health needs! prioritize them !
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Funny we are talking about cookies and privacy online; Tim and I were just talking about this last night. More than once I have been bombarded with ads for things that I have searched for earlier in the day/week. For instance, in September I was actively searching for dolls/doll heads to make a wreath for my oldest son for Halloween. Now, I constantly get ads and notifications from Marketplace for creepy dolls! lol It is like I am being haunted. But, he does go through my computer and clear out cookies, update the security (if it needs to be) etc. For my part, I don't use the computer for anything too personal. On every site/app I belong to, I have lied about my birth date. None of my passwords have anything to do with my current life. I don't use kids names, initials, numbers, birth dates, address, phone numbers. But, all of my passwords have meaning to me, so that I can remember them easily. I do have my passwords written down so that my kids/Tim can access things if something happens to me. When it comes to online shopping, Tim and I use one card specifically for online shopping and it is tied to an account with limited funds in it at all times. That account is NOT tied to any other account.
    Suzi Q and Barbie- In my youth I was a clothes hound. Lots of clothes, shoes, make up, etc. That part of me has now been replaced with some sort of clothing minimalist. lol I have in my closet, three pair of yoga pants, one pair of jeans, one pair of black dress capris, one pair of summer capris, two skirts, two dresses, about 10 different tops, and three sweaters. I have one winter coat, one spring/fall jacket, two pair of running shoes, one old pair of running shoes for yard work, one pair of clogs and one pair of flip flops. That is it. I buy new running shoes every 6 months (because I wear them every day); everything else gets replaced when it is too worn out. This is my year round wardrobe. Other than the coats, everything can fit into one carry on bag (including underwear, bathing suits, and socks). I like knowing that I can fit it all into one suitcase. It is a very liberating feeling.
    Machka - I loved that gratitude calendar last year. Let's see if I can catch up. Day 1, Nov 15: smell- today I am grateful for the clean smell of bleach. (been cleaning toys) Day 2, Nov 16: technology- today I am grateful for viber and being able to connect with my grandsons in Texas. Day 3, Nov 17: color- today I am grateful for the color pink as the sun came up and the whole sky was a beautiful light pink.
    Machka- I love the beads and lights in the vases. I usually put pine sprigs, pine cones, small red ornaments, and silver jingle bells into my vases. One Thanksgiving, I had a ton of peppers that I had gotten off the clearance produce shelf. I put them all into a vase and set that on the table. lol The colors were perfect! Reds, oranges, yellows, and deep greens.
    Barbara- Love the video of Shadow and Tumble! Nothing like a puppy to bring life back into an older dog!

Well, time's a wastin'. I have a few things I want to get done today, but plan to take it easy for most of the day. Love and hugs to all of you! Welcome to the new ladies! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for chicken because the protein to calories ratio makes my daily nutrition so much better. I'm grateful for broccoli which almost always fits in my calorie budget, and is filling. I'm grateful for my pea protein. My relationship with chocolate is more love/hate.
    Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly, you're the first person I've met who has fewer clothes than I do. :)

:)Kenna, welcome. We're glad to have you join us. I don't do Christmas except that I plan a great dance party for my line dance class the Friday before Christmas with food and dances to holiday songs, and I love the Hallmark channel movies.

:)Rebecca welcome. It sounds like you have some great resolutions for healthy living.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    Barbara - “head up his nether regions”. I literally laughed out loud at that. I like your calm way of responding, I should take lessons from you.

Machka - love your vases lit up. Last year after Christmas I put some of those lights in vases and kept them lit through January to try to keep the long dark days at bay. I believe it helped.

I have read and caught up but found some things were just too late to comment on.

Today I am going to be crafting in preparation for the first sale next Saturday.

I have quite a bit to do.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Just been out for my 5k. :D My difficult knee is a bit stiff at the moment. I think it was the Shim Sham last Tuesday. :#
    Managed the whole thing, though my time was the slowest ever!
    It was a bit grey, though no wind at all. The sea was completely flat, so, although it's only 46°, there were a few paddleboarders out and a canoeist. Lots of people strolling and quite a few fellow joggers. A surprising number of strollers were eating ice cream from Marroccos.
    I listened to my very favourite podcast. Allegri's Miserere. It's from the Soul Music series from BBC Radio 4. 26 mins each. The series can be downloaded from SOUNDS app, or from the internet, which is where I got all mine. Each podcast is affecting stories linked to a piece of music that means a lot to the participants. Nothing to do with soul music. :p After that I listened to the Star Spangled Banner in the series. Had a little cry. I can't recommend the series highly enough. There are over 50 episodes.

DH had to stay in because we are expecting three Amazon parcels. All mini presents for our anniversary. One I have got for DH is a motion sensitive night light to put into the toilet on our cruise. It's a nice, dull, amber colour, so won't wake up the other party. Previously we were fiddling around with phones and mini torches because the light can only be switched on from outside the door and it is bright.
    He has gone out now while I wait in.

I've worked out our journey to London tomorrow to see DH's daughter. A different route for us, but looks good at the moment. One change of train. Here's hoping! It's a long way to go for a quick pizza lunch, but you have to make the effort! He needs to chat about the projected cash gift. Plus we owe her a visit.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sansone’s Walk it Off and Tone It Up DVD The plan for tomorrow is to do the final segment of the 10MS Fitness Ball DVD then take the extremepump class.

Oh, I found out by asking a guy at one of the gyms I go to that evidently Silver & Fit requires you to pay $50 twice a year (he did say that they are making changes the first of the year) and then you need to scan in. Really, that’s cheaper than what I pay for a membership right now. In a way hate to say it, but she’s going to lose money on me. Actually, all of the gyms will lose money on me. That is, except for the one that lets me take the class for free even tho techanically I should be paying a guest fee. That’s about the ONLY thing that I’m looking forward to with medicare.

Barbara – I have an android phone, but I did turn off the location but allowed Waze to access my location. Now I guess we shall see if only Waze can access it or not.

Terri – the reason I asked if there was a way to find out if someone dropped in on this forum is because there have been times when I’ve gotten friend requests and it certainly looks like they could be on this forum. If I’m not sure, I have asked “where do we know each other from”. If it’s from a male, I automatically delete it.

I mainly do Facebook for “happy birthday, happy anniversary, etc” and a few other things but not much. Mostly play scrabble. I have no idea or interest in Instagram or Twitter. Occasionally, I’ll look on Pinterest for ideas for something that I’ll do, but that’s about it.

Kenna – welcome! Hope you come back often

Barbara – yes, Barbara, how do you post a video. I’d LOVE to post a video here of our Christmas decorations, but I always thought that you had to post it first to utube. But if I don’t have to, that would be great. So, how DO you do it?

Rebecca – please give us a location like “Rebecca NJ”. Anyway, what part of NJ do your parents live in?

KJ – we do the exact same thing with paypal. We have a separate checking account linked to it and when we know we’re going to be buying something, we put that amount of money into the account.

Janetr – (((HUG)))

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Well soup chili day...also gassy day lol after😬 canned chili,pinto beans canned, no salt canned corn,spinach leaves,y pepper
    Crystal light peach tea y Gatorade zero

Later snacks with calories left over maybe apples 🍎 not sure yet

Walking more with JR get hyper levels down y my weight lol.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    ===